Subject: DOS Executable request

From: William Echard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 94 11:55:33 EST

Hi Everyone.  I'm new to this list and quite new to LISP as well.  I've been
using an older verion of CLISP to learn the basics of the language and would
like to get the new version (JAN 7) running.  However, I don't have the skill
or free time right now to compile it myself.  So I'm asking if anyone has
compiled the new version for DOS yet (I am using a 486) and if I could get it.
Failing that, what is the latest version for DOS that is available?  Thanks
in advance for your help.  Playing with CLISP and browsing the group is
turning out to be a great way for me to learn---William Echard.

---

From: haible (Bruno Haible)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 94 02:23:03 +0100

Upon request from William Echard <[email-masked]>:

Binaries have been rebuilt for
   DOS       1369306 Jan  9 20:45 dos/clisp-english.zip
   DOS       1375995 Jan  9 22:31 dos/clisp-deutsch.zip
   OS/2      1219436 Jan 10 00:21 os2/clisp.zip
   The RUN-PROGRAM and PIPE stuff are untested under OS/2.

> However, I don't have the skill or free time right now to
> compile it myself.

Skills? You don't need skills for that. The entire procedure is
explained in the INSTALL file. Free time? You get some free time
while your computer is busy for two hours :-)

Bruno