Subject: #\code26 ?

From: Cory Serratore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 1994 10:56:53 -0400

Hi, I'm trying to use my OS/2 system editor (it's quick & easy) to edit
my files, but it seems to be inserting a bad character.

If I read a file into lisp, it works fine, but when I edit it and try to
reload it I get an illegal character #\Code26.  What is this?

could this possible be an EOF (ctrl-z)?

What should I be looking for?

any help appreciated

cory

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce O'Neel)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 1994 11:39:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> could this possible be an EOF (ctrl-z)?

Yes, it is a control Z and yes, both e and epm on os/2 insert it.
I'll guess that epm could be talked out of doing this, but I'm not
sure.

Solutions?  I used a DOS lisp package which had a nice editor and
didn't do the ^Z.  You could use emacs for os/2.  You could also write
a small program (maybe even in REXX) to strip the last byte off of the
file.

bruce

-- 
[email-masked] -- Bruce O'Neel HSTX (301) 286-1511 -- Out 
the 10Base-T port, through the router, over the leased line, off the
bridge, past the firewall...nothing but net.  -- [email-masked]