Subject: Re: New version of old CLISP and CLX

From: haible (Bruno Haible)
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 94 20:14:59 +0200

Jean-Claude Beaudoin <[email-masked]> reports:

> But when I try to compile CLX I get the following message:
> *** - Lisp stack overflow. RESET
> "make clx" completes without further problem and produces the expected files.

You may be using a version of CLX that hasn't been properly ported to
CLISP. With clisp-1994-06-22 on a Sun4 and CLX from
  ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de:
  /pub/lisp/clisp/packages/clx.sept92f.clisp.tar.z
"make" succeeds without any problems.

> I am trying to use the June 22 version of CLISP on my UnixWare (1.1) machine
> The compilation/installation went smoothly. I used the recommended CFLAGS
> as given in unix/PLATFORMS. "make test" and "make testsuite" reported
> everything ok.

You may save other people the same work: finally do a "make distrib" and
upload the UnixWare binaries to ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de. I can
tell you details.

                    Bruno Haible
                    [email-masked]

---

From: "jc.beaudoin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 94 15:51:47 -0400

> "make" succeeds without any problems.

I'm quite sure it is precisely that version I use, but I'm not currently
infront of my machine so I cannot garantee. Thanks for all the details
you sent me I'll check all that asap.

Could tell me the more precise meaning of the message
"*** - Lisp stack overflow. RESET"?

> Can you please do a "make distrib" (examine the top of the makefile again before
> this, because you need GNU tar!) and upload the resulting tar.z file
> to ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de:/secret/incoming/ ? I will then move
> it to the clisp/binaries/ hierarchy. Thanks in the name of the other
> UnixWare users.

I'll do that tonight.

Jean-Claude