Subject: Changing the CLISP prompt

From: Andrew Philpot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 94 16:39:27 PDT

Hi.

Is is possible (without rebuilding from source - I don't have any C
compiler) to change the lisp prompt in CLISP?

I would like to make it print the name of the package.  Instead of

I would like to make it look more like

	USER>

In Allegro CL, with which I have more familiarity, I might have done
something more like (this is not exactly correct):

	(setq *prompt* #'(lambda () (format nil "~A>" 
	       (package-name *package*))))

Has anyone done something like this?  I tried to look through the
(lisp) source but didn't find anything likely.

Thanks.

Andrew

---

From: haible (Bruno Haible)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 94 14:52:29 +0200

Andrew Philpot <[email-masked]> writes:

> I would like to make it print the name of the package.

Yes, this is possible. Search for the string "> " in user1.lsp, replace
it by what you want, compile user1.lsp and load user1.fas.
You can rebuild lispinit.mem using the SAVEINITMEM function, need no C
compiler for this.

                    Bruno Haible
                    [email-masked]