Subject: mma_1.5 unter clisp ?

From: [email-masked] (Bernhard Walter (DVS))
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 18:38:59 +0100 (NFT)

Hi all,

I just installed clisp on my 386 PC under linux 0.99pl15.
This was possible without problems.
The cause for installing clisp is a "common-lisp implementation of a 
small and efficient algebra system" named  mma_1.5 , which i got from
the ftp-server 'peoplesparc.berkeley.edu'.
According to the README it is a fast reduced public clone of Mathematica (tm).
Don't know if this is true, because i didn't manage to get things running.
Shortly after loading mma's init.lsp (first rename all *.lisp files into 
*.lsp files !) the first error occurs. My little lisp knowledge was just 
enough to deal with the easy ones. 
mma seems to be developped with some 'Allegro' packet. Maybe it is a lisp 
derivate, and needs packages like :common-lisp, :excl (seems to be error 
handling).  I don't know how to substitue this with clisp code.

So, has anybody ported mma_1.5 to clisp, or knows how this could be done ?
Thanks in advance
                    Bernhard

             ========================================================
            //   Bernhard Walter               ######  #####       //
           //   TU-Muenchen                      #  #  # # #      //
          //   DVS-Weihenstephan                 #  #  # # #     //
         //   D-85350 Freising                   #  #### # #    //
        //                                                     //
       //   email: [email-masked]     //
      //   phone: +49-(0)8161-71-5055                        //
     //   fax:   +49-(0)8161-71-4409                        //
    =========================================================