Subject: Problem compile on HP 9000/I70

From: Cameron Bowes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 1994 08:49:30 -0400 (EDT)

I finally got clisp (basically) compiled on an HP I70 (high-end 800 
series) running HP-UX/9.04. I'm using Bruno Haible's 8/23/94 source. I 
had to hard code the system page size in the gmalloc.c source to 
accomodate the fact that the HP didn't have the getpagesize system call. 
Then I was able to successfully compile the interpreter with gcc.

Where I wind up is that when the first stage is done and clisp goes into
the next stage (compiling the .lsp source), I continually get a message
from lisp.run that the "initialisation file was not created by this
version of LISP." 

Snippet from the make follows:

gcc -O -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -fomit-frame-pointer -O2  spvw.o spvwtabf.o spvwtabs.o spvwtabo.o eval.o control.o pathname.o stream.o socket.o io.o array.o hashtabl.o list.o package.o record.o sequence.o charstrg.o d
ebug.o error.o misc.o predtype.o symbol.o lisparit0.o stdwin.o graph.o unixaux.o arihppa.o gmalloc.o modules.o libreadline.a  -ltermcap -L/usr/lib/X11R5 -lX11 -o lisp.run
sync
./lisp.run -m 750KW -x "(load \"init.lsp\") (sys::%saveinitmem) (exit)"
  i i i i i i i       ooooo    o        ooooooo   ooooo   ooooo   
  I I I I I I I      8     8   8           8     8     o  8    8  
  I I I I I I I      8         8           8     8        8    8  
  I I I I I I I      8         8           8      ooooo   8oooo   
  I  \ `+' /  I      8         8           8           8  8       
   \  `-+-'  /       8     o   8           8     o     8  8       
    `-__|__-'         ooooo    8oooooo  ooo8ooo   ooooo   8       
        |                                                         
  ------+------     Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Michael Stoll 1992, 1993, 1994
                                                                  
;; Loading file defseq.lsp ...

...   < Many loads follow >

      ( and finally...)

;; Loading of file /u05/porting/clisp.src/src/screen.lsp is finished.
T
2169584 ;
2744
Bye.
mv lispinit.mem interpreted.mem
./lisp.run -m 750KW -M interpreted.mem -q -c init.lsp
./lisp.run: initialisation file was not created by this version of LISP
make: *** [init.fas] Error 1

Does anyone have any idea about what may be causing this problem? I'm at 
a loss at this point. If there's any additional information I can 
provide, please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help!

                              Cameron Bowes
                              US Dept. of Health and Human Services
                              [email-masked]

---

From: haible (Bruno Haible)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 94 16:20:20 +0100

Cameron Bowes <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm using Bruno Haible's 8/23/94 source. I 

This is fixed in the 1994-09-01 source.

> ./lisp.run: initialisation file was not created by this version of LISP

This may be fixed in the 1994-09-01 source as well. If not, then please
try to rebuild spvw.o without the gcc flags "-fomit-frame-pointer -O2".

                    Bruno Haible
                    [email-masked]