Subject: Problem w/ builtin editor in DOS clisp (August 94)

From: Johann Petrak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 12:27:31 +0100

After starting the lisp with the image included in the package:
  > lisp.exe -M lispinit.mem
I load the (compiled) editor:
  (load "editor")

Now, if I do
  (ed "xxx.lsp")
the following error message appears:
  SYSTEM::STORE: DEUTSCH does not fit in "      ", bad type

Anybody else encountered that problem - and knows how to fix it?
Thanx in advance,

Johann

Johann Petrak                            Email: [email-masked]
Austrian Research Institute for          Phone:        +43-1-533-61-12
Artificial Intelligence                                +43-1-535-32-81/0
Schottengasse 3                          Fax:          +43-1-532-06-52
A-1010 Vienna, AUSTRIA                   http://www.ai.univie.ac.at

---

From: [email-masked] (Joerg-Cyril Hoehle)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 94 12:50:42 +0100

>   SYSTEM::STORE: DEUTSCH does not fit in "      ", bad type

I got similar errors about SYSTEM::STORE with EDITOR or SCREEN on the
Amiga (January and newer versions) but had no time yet to trace them.

 	Joerg Hoehle.
[email-masked]

---

From: matthew price <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 12:42:48 -0700 (PDT)

I am new to lisp, and have been encountering problems with the editor
also. The instructions in the readme file don't specify where to use
the command "(load "editor")" nor how to edit the config.lsp file to
make use of the built in editor. I've tried a variety of approaches
and none of them have been successful. If anyone has a correctly
edited config file they would care to share, I would be very grateful.
I have a 386/40 running DOS.

Thanks!

--Matt Price

---

From: [email-masked] (Roger Labbe)
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 1994 19:35:25 -0400 (EDT)

I had the same problem, too. I stopped using the built in editor
(probably not the answer you wanted to hear).

I put the line
(defparameter *editor* "c:\\bin\\emacs.exe")

is my config.lsp file (I am running on a DOS machine, I forget
what machine you said you are on) to load my editor.

Roger