Subject: Using Garnet 2.2 and Clisp on Linux (0.99pl13)

From: "W. D. Elias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 1994 07:56:39 -0500 (EST)

I am trying to run GARNET 2.2 under CLISP on a linux (0.99pl13) platform. 
After compiling garnet and running some demos I receive the following 
Continuable Error message:

X-ERROR: Asynchronous FONT-ERROR in request **** Code 56.0 [ChangeGC] ID 
#x1800001

After entering "continue" a number of times, I usually receive following 
error:

*** - UNIX error 9 (EBADF): Bad file number.

I should be most appreciative if someone could help me correct this problem.

Thanks,

Wayne D. Elias

---

From: RB Feenstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 14:44:18 MET

> X-ERROR: Asynchronous FONT-ERROR in request **** Code 56.0 [ChangeGC] ID 

This problem is probably caused by forgetting to call
(opal:disconnect-garnet) before saving the lisp image and the
corresponding (opal:reconnect-garnet) after restarting clisp.  Both
calls are documented in the opal manual; the newer versions of garnet
have additional functions that combine these for convenience.

Remco Feenstra