Subject: Redefinition of print-object

From: Joachim Schrod <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 20:38:28 +0100 (MESZ)

Hi,

May anybody please load the following lisp code into their CLISP:

================ snip snap ================
;;; print-object.lsp					15 Jul 94
;;;----------------------------------------------------------------------

(use-package 'clos)

(defclass C ()
  ((slot :initarg :slot :reader slot))
  )

(defmethod print-object ((obj C) stream)
  (let ((*print-case* :downcase))
    (format stream "#<class ~S ~S>" (type-of req) (slot req))))

(print (lisp-implementation-version))
================ snip snap ================

At my installation, both the 1994-01-08 and the 1994-07-04 versions
produce the following warning:

    WARNING:
    The generic function #<GENERIC-FUNCTION PRINT-OBJECT> is being modified, but has already been called.

I use the original interpreter.mem and did _not_ call #'print-object
before. I would like to know if this might be a problem with my
installation.

Thanks in advance for any responses,

	Joachim

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Joachim Schrod			Email: [email-masked]
Computer Science Department
Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany