Subject: CLISP 1994-01-25

From: [email-masked] (Marcus Daniels)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 94 01:22:50 PST

This release includes no functional changes other than the changes in
patches 1-8.  There were a handful of autoconfiguration and documentation 
modifications.

The following systems now have support or improved support:

  * NEXTSTEP 3.2 compiles for Intel and Motorola.  It now has a 
    single-block-memory-map configuration for better performance.  
    The Intel configuration has not been tested. 
 	 
  * Sequent PTX 3.2.0 (V2.1.0) (GCC).  Autoconfiguration is a bit
    smarter about testing shared memory attach limits.  Some superficial
    changes to make PTX's anonymous-mmap work when a site's shared-memory
    limits are inadequate.

Binaries have been rebuilt for the following architectures:

German and English:

  * DOS (6.2)
  * Linux (PL14, libc4.5.8)
  * PTX (3.2.0 V2.1.0)
  * SunOS 4.1.3 Sun4c (Sparc2)
  * SunOS 4.1.3 Sun4m (Sparc10)

English only:
  * NEXTSTEP (3.2 -- FAT binaries, but the lispinit.mem is Motorola).

This is my first pass at this, no doubt I screwed some things up.  
Let me know!

Everything is in the same place at ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de
(/pub/lisp/clisp/source & /pub/lisp/clisp/binaries).

Thanks,

Marcus Daniels
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter C Olsen)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 94 08:59:15 EST

Marcus ---

Just a quick note...

I think that CLISP is great package.  Thanks for your leadership in
maintaining it.

Peter

   Peter Olsen, n2ell, [email-masked]  ...!uunet!super!pcolsen
         P.O. Box 410, Simpsonville, MD 21150-0410; 410-997-8584
     "Engineering is the art of applying a professional knowledge of
   mathematics and the physical sciences to improve the quality of life"