Subject: break even point between hash tables and lists

From: [email-masked] (Dan Stanger)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 1994 14:37:52 -0700

what is the number of elements that causes hash tables to be more
efficient than a list for storing and retrieving data? also has anybody
tried using a sorted array and binary search?  i am interested in
this information if anybody has this.
thanks,
dan stanger

---

From: [email-masked] (David Loewenstern)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 94 17:54:17 EST

... On 4 Mar 94, Dan Stanger said:
} what is the number of elements that causes hash tables to be more
} efficient than a list for storing and retrieving data? also has anybody
} tried using a sorted array and binary search?  i am interested in
} this information if anybody has this.

Wouldn't this vary from implementation to implementation? 

These opinions are shareware.  If you like the product,
please send your $0.02 to
               David Loewenstern
<[email-masked]>||<[email-masked]>