Subject: Questions regarding garnet on ma2s2.mathematik.

From: "Harvey J. Stein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 1994 12:34:55 +0200

I am about to try out garnet with clisp, so I downloaded src.tar.Z,
doc.tar.Z, and lib.tar.Z from a.gp.cs.cmu.edu.  Then, I downloaded a
new version of CLISP from ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de.  I then
noticed the existence of garnet on ma2s2, namely

-rw-rw-r--  1 haible   clisp     1170738 Sep 22  1993 garnet21.clisp.tar.z
-rw-r--r--  2 haible   clisp        4483 Jul  6 17:22 garnet22.speedup-in-clisp.diffs.z
-rw-r--r--  1 haible   clisp         172 Jul 21 18:11 garnet22.speedup-in-clisp.readme
-rw-rw-r--  1 haible   clisp     2510523 Jan 22  1994 garnet22.tar.z
drwxr-xr-x  2 haible   clisp         512 Mar 23  1994 garnet22.tar.z-split

in /pub/lisp/clisp/packages.

According to the README file in /pub/lisp/clisp/packages, the .orig.
files are the original code, and the .clisp. are the versions modified
for clisp.  However, garnet22.tar.z has neither, so I don't know if
it's the same as the version I got from a.gp.cs.cmu.edu.  To avoid
additional ftp traffic, perhaps someone can tell me if garnet22.tar.z
differs significantly from the version on a.gp.cs.cmu.edu.

Thanks,

Harvey J. Stein
Berger Financial Research
[email-masked]