Subject: questions regarding pathnames

From: [email-masked] (Dan Stanger)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 1994 11:52:21 -0700

can someone give me a example of the use of *default-pathname-defaults*?
i am on a unix platform and would like to have a directory fas in the
directory that i am working in to contain compiled files.  when i load a
file i would like to have that directory searched first.
thanks,
[email-masked]

---

From: haible (Bruno Haible)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 94 23:07:20 +0200

> can someone give me a example of the use of *default-pathname-defaults*?

*DEFAULT-PATHNAME-DEFAULTS* affects most pathname operations, including
PARSE-NAMESTRING. It is similar to CLISP's (DEFAULT-DIRECTORY) function.

After (setq *default-pathname-defaults* '#"/tmp/"), a call to
(open (merge-pathnames "foo"))  actually opens  #"/tmp/foo".

> file i would like to have that directory searched first.

Try putting #"fas/" at the head of your *LOAD-PATHS* list.

                    Bruno Haible
                    [email-masked]