Subject: DOS graphics help needed

From: "William Echard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 08:57:23 -0500

I've been playing with the pixel graphics under DOS.  I've found that the
(SYSTEM::GRAPH_SHOW) command only leaves the graphics on screen for about a
quarter second.  What I'd like to know is what is the best way to embed this
command in a function, such that the graphics stay on screen until a key is
pressed.  I've looked through my LISP manuals for some kind of pause or
key-detecting function, but no luck.  Sorry for the newbie question, but any
help would be appreciated.

---

From: haible (Bruno Haible)
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 94 02:44:22 +0100

William Echard <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've looked through my LISP manuals for some kind of pause or

Such a function hasn't been standardized. In CLISP, something like

  (with-keyboard (clear-input *keyboard-input*) (read-char *keyboard-input*))

will wait until a key is pressed. Please refer to impnotes.txt, section 21.1,
for details.

                    Bruno Haible
                    [email-masked]