Subject: CLisp under Linux, run time error

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 11:39:42 EST

Hi Lispers,

 I recently installed Linux on my PC and I tried to install
 the CLisp version Oct. 94 too. 
 Because i didn't use Linux before (so i'm an absolute beginner with it)
 i ignored the Linux question and answers so far unfortunately ... 
 Hope this isn't too much redundant.

 I ftp'd the binary version and this is what happened:

 after starting CLisp:

    Cannot allocate private shared memory segment 
    errno = ENOSYS: Function not implemented
    Lisp.run: Not enough memory

 Memory at this time:

    Mem:   7024K av., 3120K used,  3904K free, 1768 shrd, 1140K buff
    Swap: 16668K av.,    0K used, 16668K free

 Is this an error message from Linux itself ? 
 I compiled the Linux kernel version 1.1.50

 The CLisp Oct. version from 93 is running.
 Must i install a new version of gcc ?
 I dont have the version here. Linux is running at home =)
 It comes from the InfoMagic CD Oct. 94

Many thanks in advance

 -Nummi
------------------------------
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce O'Neel)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 94 10:01 EST

Hi,
  This may be a silly question, but....

I'm running Clisp on OS/2 and when I'm using a file which uses CLOS
and I reload it I get a load'o warnings.  This is ok, but I'd prefer
not to see them.  Is there a simple way to turn them off?

Thanks!

bruce

[email-masked] -- Bruce O'Neel HSTX (301) 286-1511 -- Graphical
icons were intended to make software friendly, and easy to use.  Now Microsoft
applications have Tool Tips - Text labels that appear when you move the mouse
pointer over icons.  We used to call these "menus." -- D Kalman DBMS 9/94