Subject: Re: Problem installing OS/2 version

From: haible (Bruno Haible)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 94 16:34:32 +0100

Cris J. Holdorph <[email-masked]> asks:

> Compiling file D:\LISP\CONFIG.LSP ...
> *** - READ from #<STRING-CHAR-FILE-STREAM #"D:\\LISP\\CONFIG.LSP">:
>       illegal character #\Code26
> 1. Break>
> 
> What am I doing wrong?

#\Code26 is usually called Ctrl-Z. Some editors append this to the end
of config.lsp. Either
 - choose an editor that doesn't append this obselete character to the end
   of the file,
or
 - tell the LISP reader to treat Ctrl-Z as whitespace:
        (set-syntax-from-char #\Code26 #\Space)
   (Suggestion by Johann Petrak, 18 Oct 1993 on this mailing list.)

                    Bruno Haible
                    [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 1994 10:24:34 +0100

[Sorry if anyone has already seen this message, but when I tried to post
it yesterday I didn't get a copy back from the list]

Hello,

Does anyone have a method for running the editor, editor.lsp,
in an xterm on a sparcstation.  The problem is that clisp doesn't
see characters #\F1 - #\F10 when function keys are pressed, rather 
it gets an ansi escape sequence, the first character of which is an 
escape which exits the editor.  I can cause an xterm to map the
function keys to any string but I'm not sure what the ascii equivalent 
is to F1.

Thanks for any assistance,

Rod
----
Roderick Williams          [email-masked]