Subject: code 26 error

From: "Edward G. Kovach" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 1994 10:43:31 -0500

Dear Bruno,

My mail software does not allow me to send to "broadcast
lists" so I can't send this to clisp-list as I originally
planned.

I've just down loaded and installed clisp.  I'm having problems
loading some programs.  When I tried loading LATKDATA.LSP in get
the message:

  READ from #<STRING-CHAR-FILE-STREAM #"LATKDATA.LSP">: illegal
  character #\code 26

1.  What reference would have the clisp error codes listed?

2.  I assume that the prgram contains an illegal character or 
string.  Am I right?

3.   I ran the program on a Sun work station using ALLEGRO COMMON
LISP.  Assuming I'm right in #2, how should I go about looking for
the illegal characters?  Is there anything in particular I should look
for?

Thank you for your time.

I will try again to post this to clisp-list, but I need to get the
program working as soon as possible so I'm writing to you first
in case I can't get around the software problem here.

Ed Kovach -  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Marcus Daniels)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 94 08:01:23 PDT

>>>>> "Edward" == Edward G Kovach <[email-masked]> writes:

Edward> When I tried loadin LATKDATA.LSP in get the message:

Edward>   READ from #<STRING-CHAR-FILE-STREAM #"LATKDATA.LSP">:
Edward> illegal character #\code 26

Looks like a (DOS) end-of-file character (control-Z).