Subject: clisp with comint

From: [email-masked] (Hisao Kuroda)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 94 15:46:08 +0900

Hello.

I now try to use CLISP with emacs(comint). But there's one problem.
When I send string to comint like,

(process-send-string "*clisp*" "1\n2\n")

then, CLISP answers just like below,

> 1

but my expectation is,

> 1
> 2

Why CLISP ignore the string "2\n"?
Can anyone tell me why this happen, and how can I fix this.

thank you.

---

From: [email-masked] (Joerg-Cyril Hoehle)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 94 13:46:26 +0100

> Can anyone tell me why this happen, and how can I fix this.

When CLISP enters the read part of read-eval-print loop, CLISP empties
the input queue to be sure not to get old input. This is why you can
only input one lisp form. This is what makes CLISP interaction with
EMACS through shell/comint/cmulisp so difficult, because there several
Lisp forms are sent to the CLISP process at once.

 	Joerg Hoehle.
[email-masked]

---

From: Joachim Schrod <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 1994 14:48:27 +0100 (MEZ)

Joerg Hoehle wrote:
> only input one lisp form.

Does this happen always?

In the past, I used CLISP with ILISP. I used a no-readline version of
CLISP and had to change the process-connection-type to t (i.e., to
use pipes instead of pttys). Then it worked. Later I dropped the
ILISP usage because I had not adapted all the other stuff needed, and
I never found the time to look into that again. So, was my success
with ILISP/comint only by luck; did I simply not hit the problematic
area?

	Joachim

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Joachim Schrod			Email: [email-masked]
Computer Science Department
Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany

---

From: Phil Perucci <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 1994 22:38:29 -0500 (EST)

unsubscribe

---

From: [email-masked] (Rui-Tao Dong ~{6-HpLN~})
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 1994 14:05:38 -0500

I have a related problem. I'm trying to run maxima in my emacs
buffer and I got

 *** - terminal type "emacs" unknown to termcap

If I do anything, I get

*** - symbol *WINDOW* has no value.

This doesn't happen to akcl version of maxima. I added some dumb termcap to
termcap and maxima started to complaint about something (ability to place
cursor etc.) else. I can't bear not running maxima in emacs shell. Any
suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

    Rui-Tao Dong 董瑞涛		    Department of Mathematics
    [email-masked]		    The Johns Hopkins University
    (410)516-7406(O) (410)516-5549(Fax)	    Baltimore, Maryland 21218