Subject: New version of old CLISP

From: haible (Bruno Haible)
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 94 15:11:16 +0200

A new version of my current personal source of CLISP is at the usual
place, in
ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de:/pub/lisp/clisp/source-haible/clispsrc.tar.z.

Change log since 22 June 1994:

4 July 1994
===========

User visible changes
--------------------

* X3J13 votes <115> and <114> are implemented: an elaborate LOOP macro.
  New macro LOOP-FINISH.
  Warning: The scoping rules for the iteration variables are hairy. If a
  FOR/AS initialisation form refers to an iteration variable of a subsequent
  FOR/AS clause, the effects are implementation dependent!

* X3J13 vote <120> is implemented: New function MAP-INTO.

* X3J13 vote <79> is implemented: New constants
  LEAST-POSITIVE-NORMALIZED-SHORT-FLOAT,
  LEAST-NEGATIVE-NORMALIZED-SHORT-FLOAT,
  LEAST-POSITIVE-NORMALIZED-SINGLE-FLOAT,
  LEAST-NEGATIVE-NORMALIZED-SINGLE-FLOAT,
  LEAST-POSITIVE-NORMALIZED-DOUBLE-FLOAT,
  LEAST-NEGATIVE-NORMALIZED-DOUBLE-FLOAT,
  LEAST-POSITIVE-NORMALIZED-LONG-FLOAT,
  LEAST-NEGATIVE-NORMALIZED-LONG-FLOAT.

* The macro WITH-OUTPUT-TO-PRINTER now also works on DOS.

* Fixed a bug in DO-SYMBOLS: A symbol which is exported from a used package
  was considered accessible in the using package even if it was shadowed by
  another present symbol of the same name.

* Fixed a bug in the debugger which caused the BACKTRACE commands to print
  garbage if the current user interface language was not english.

Other modifications
-------------------

* Miscellaneous documentation updates.

New binaries have been rebuilt:

from clisp-1994-06-22 for
  - UnixWare (provided by Jean-Claude Beaudoin <[email-masked]>),
  - HP9000/800 running HP-UX,
  - Sun4 running SunOS 4.

from clisp-1994-07-04 for
  - Linux.

                    Bruno Haible
                    [email-masked]

---

From: Len Wanger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 15:06:33 -0700 (PDT)

Had anyone ported clisp to NT? If not, does anybody know how much effort
it would take?

Len Wanger
Project Sequoia 2000 -- Visualization
San Diego Supercomputer Center

---

From: [email-masked] (Blake McBride)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 1994 18:45:34 -0700 (PDT)

> San Diego Supercomputer Center

I ported CLISP to DOS using the WATCOM 32 bit compiler.  As long as you stick
to character mode it should be very easy.

-- 
Blake McBride				(615) 790-8521  voice
3020 Liberty Hills Drive		(615) 791-7736  fax
Franklin, TN  37064			[email-masked]
U.S.A.

---

From: Len Wanger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 07:47:13 -0700 (PDT)

> to character mode it should be very easy.

Thanks for the info.

Len Wanger