Subject: Re: CLISP FTP Sites in the USA

From: Johann Petrak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 19:00:02 +0200

> >I'd like to get the latest copies of CLISP for a SPARC and a PC.
> >However, when I ftp to ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de the
> >response time is slow.  Is there an FTP site in the USA that
> >has that mirrors ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de:/pub/lisp/clisp?
> 
> I second that!  I don't know whats happened lately but connecting
> up to ma2s2 from the US durring the last several week is _dog_ slow!  
> What changed?  It was never this bad before...

Hmmm, I have the same problems here in Vienna, which is not very far from
Karlsruhe, compared to the US ;). The connection is so
slow, that it regularily times out before I could retrieve even a
small portion of the file. Either the host is completely overloaded, or
the problem is with a link very near to the host.

Still, overseas mirros would be good idea, of course ....

Johann Petrak                            Email: [email-masked]
Austrian Research Institute for          Phone:        +43-1-533-61-12
Artificial Intelligence                                +43-1-535-32-81/0
Schottengasse 3                          Fax:          +43-1-532-06-52
A-1010 Vienna, AUSTRIA                   Private Phone:+43-1-24-03-173
					 http://www.ai.univie.ac.at

---

From: Joachim Schrod <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 11:15:18 +0200 (MESZ)

Johann Petrak wrote:
> 
> > [slow reaction time to ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de]
> 
> Karlsruhe, compared to the US ;).

You might want to try
ftp.th-darmstadt.de:/pub/programming/languages/lisp/clisp/

A full mirror of Karlsruhe.

Still in Germany, but if the slowness can really be attributed to a
connection/machine problem at Karlsruhe, it might be better for many
folks.

	Joachim

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Joachim Schrod			Email: [email-masked]
ftp.th-darmstadt.de, Administration