Subject: Help

From: And thanks for all the fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 1995 22:04:11 -0600 (CST)

Sorry if I haven't followed the protocol for communicating with a list-server.
I don't understand the directions on how to do this.

My graduate student is trying to get CLISP operative for our AI class and he is
not succeeding. The following is the problem.

He has downloaded DOS binaries and relevant files. He unzips them and
presumably follows instructions on setting up a bat file. He has also somehow
procured DPMI*.zip, unzipped it and installed RSX (whatever any of these things
are). When he tries to run CLISP, he gets an error message:

DPMI service not found.

He's trying to load this on a Gateway 2000 486/66 with plenty of RAM. What's he
doing wrong?

Thank you so much.

******************************************************************************
  Miriam Heller	                  ***       
  Asst. Professor              ****** **     These views are solely mine and 
  University of Houston       *** **   **    do not consciously reflect those
  Industrial Engineering      *****  * **    of my employer or anyone else in
  4800 Calhoun Rd.             ****   **     the universe for that matter.
  Houston, Texas 77204-4812       ***      
  Email: [email-masked]
******************************************************************************