Subject: Foreign function interface?

From: [email-masked] (J.Marrow)
Date: Sat, 27 May 1995 10:44:34 -0700

Hello!

I just picked up CLISP [Linux] and was wondering whether there were any 
built in facilities for calling foreign functions (C libraries, 
&c.)...specifically, I'd like to write a small GUI framework [using a 
small number of external primitives, thus minimizing portability 
concerns...]

Thanks in advance!

Jean-David
[email-masked]

---

From: haible (Bruno Haible)
Date: Sun, 28 May 95 20:50:23 +0200

Jean-David Marrow <[email-masked]> asks:

> &c.)...specifically, I'd like to write a small GUI framework

In this situation, you are best getting the Linux "binaries" from
ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de:/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/linux/clisp.tar.z .
It contains a "linking set", i.e. precisely what you need when you want
to add foreign function modules.

                    Bruno Haible
                    [email-masked]