Subject: binaries

From: Marcus Daniels <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 1995 10:47:13 GMT

Hi folks,

Since last week, no real changes except for some packaging-related
changes and fixes.  I've built binaries for the following platforms:

   Linux ELF (Intel)
   SGI IRIX 5
   Sun4m Solaris 2.4
   Sun4m SunOS 4.1.3

Unless someone finds a problem, by Saturday I'll copy these files to ma2s2.
In the mean time it is:

  http://sayre.sysc.pdx.edu:8001/clisp

The `NEWS':

10 August 1995
============

User visible changes
--------------------

* CLISP now supports the GNU gettext package.  Non-gettext internationalization
  support still available with "--disable-nls".  

* Self referencing symbolic links were not always avoided during 
  directory searches.  Thanks to Dan Stanger for pointing this out.

* Fixed a bug in XGCD which caused the results to be wrong with a small
  probability, for example in the case (XGCD 77874422 32223899).
  Thanks to Bruno Haible and Michael Stoll.

* Top level configure accepts absolute build directory.

* Top level configure now passes on --prefix to makemake.

Portability
-----------

* Repair of memmove-related build problem on SunOS/Solaris.
  Thanks to Bruno Haible.

* Fixed a bug in mips/avcall.

* arimips.s now assembled with -KPIC to avoid problems during incremental
  linking of lisp.o.