Subject: ISLisp

From: "John Carter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 12:33:29 +0200

Sorry folks,

I know this query is not directly related to CLisp, but I'm looking 
for pointers.

While picking up CLisp I noticed it was on the same site as the draft 
standard for ISLisp. So I picked up islisp-114.ps.Z as well. I have 
had a small look at the standard and it looks to me to be heading in 
the right direction...

What I would like to know is..
  a) Is islisp-114.ps.Z the latest version?
  b) What is the status of the ISLisp standard?
  c) What ISLisp compiler/interpreters are around?
  d) What is the relationship between CLisp and ISLisp?
  
Thank you,

John Carter
Institute for Water Quality Studies. Department of Water Affairs.
Internet : [email-masked]  Phone    : 27-12-808-0374x194      
Fax : 27-12-808-0338 [Host for Afwater list server]

Founder of the Council for Unnatural Scientists.

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruno Haible)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 95 20:46:49 +0100

>   a) Is islisp-114.ps.Z the latest version?

No, there have been two new versions, islisp-12.28 and islisp-14.9, in
the meantime: Kent Pitman brought in a "condition system" and made
some more editorial cleanup. I have now put copies of the documents
onto the FTP server.

>   b) What is the status of the ISLisp standard?

The first Current Draft ballot is over, there will be a second Current
Draft ballot, and the draft is scheduled to be accepted Draft
International Standard in April 1996.

>   c) What ISLisp compiler/interpreters are around?

Christian Jullien has written a (commercial) interpreter. There are
rumors that Kent Pitman has an implementation, embedded in Common Lisp.
And, of course, ILOG Talk is mostly compatible with ISLisp-8.5.

>   d) What is the relationship between CLisp and ISLisp?

None. It is a pure coincidence that you can FTP both from my FTP site :-)

Bruno Haible                                     email: <[email-masked]>
Software Engineer                                phone: +33-1-49083585