Subject: Install Problem

From: David R Warner Jr <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 May 1995 23:12:03 -2587316 (EDT)

I have downloaded a copy of clisp and am attempting to get it to run
on an Ergo PowerBrick Laptop.  The machine has an Intel 80486 DX 4
running at 100 mhz.  I have edited config.lsp in accord with the
instructions contained in the readme file.  However, when I try to
execute  lisp.exe -M lispinit.me per the instructions, I get the
error "virtual mode not supporeted without VCPI".  I have no idea
what that means or how to begin correcting it.  Any words of wisdom
will be much appreciated.

Thank You

_DAVID WARNER
__
     +-------------------------------------------------------+
     |  David R. Warner, Jr.       |          (419) 772-2227 |
     |  Professor of Law           |     FAX: (419) 772-1875 |
     |  Pettit College of Law      | Internet:               |
     |  Ohio Northern University   |  [email-masked]       |
     |  Ada, Ohio 45810            |  NeXT Mail OK           |
     | 	           http://www.law.onu.edu/~warner            |
     |          PGP Public Key Available from the WWW        |
     |                    page or on request.                |
     +-------------------------------------------------------+

---

From: Jean-Paul Tea <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 May 1995 21:28:55 -0700 (PDT)

What I did to solve this is to delete NOEMS in the config.sys.
Make sure that you make a back-up of your config.sys before changing it.

> will be much appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jean-Paul Tea              [email-masked]
Computer Eng.              University of Washington
=============
WWW page:
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/jeanpaul
-----------------------------------------------------------------