Subject: Developing a robot program

From: Oliver Andrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 95 17:21:23 MET

Hello everybody!

Today I need some information about robots, cause a friend of mine and
I have to develop a robot program in Lisp, that is able to walk
through a MUD. Does anybody know some good literature on this topic or
a ftp- or WWW-site, where I can get such information?

Bye, Oliver

---

From: Tomas Arvidsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 04:59:05 +0100

> Today I need some information about robots...
> Does anybody know some good literature on this topic

For a brief overview, try Scientific American Dec 1991 pp. 82-91.

For some interesting reading about robotics, especially walking and
jumping robots, take a look at the book "Artificial intelligence at
MIT" vol. 2 (MIT Press 1990 - ISBN 0-262-23150-6).

If nothing else, you'll get a *big* bunch of references on robotics...

--
Tomas Arvidson         *** [email-masked] * [email-masked] ***

---

From: Oliver Andrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 95 9:47:52 MET

> If nothing else, you'll get a *big* bunch of references on robotics...
Ok, send it to me. My home university can't provide any of the
articles or books you mentioned. 

Bye, Oliver

---

From: Matthias Lindner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 95 11:06:54 +0100

> Does anybody know some good literature on this topic

If you want to talk to the *real* robotics freaks try the robot-board mailing 
list. To join the list, send an e-mail message with the Subject: line
containing the following text:

        subscribe robot-board <your real name>

to "[email-masked]".  Then you will be automatically added to the
list.  To send a message to the people on the list, write e-mail to
"[email-masked]".

--Matthias

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthias Lindner
FG Intellektik, FB Informatik
Technische Hochschule Darmstadt
Alexanderstr.10, D-64283 Darmstadt
TEL: +49 6151 166651
FAX: +49 6151 165326
NET: [email-masked]
WWW: http://aida.intellektik.informatik.th-darmstadt.de/~matthias/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Oliver Andrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 95 16:35:36 MET

> If you want to talk to the *real* robotics freaks try the robot-board 
Hm... sounds good, but I can't reach anything from this nice account
:-( outside  the .de domain. So I must find a different way to get a
subcription of this list.

Bye, Oliver