Subject: Abort

From: [email-masked] (Peter Dudey Drake)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 95 11:31:13 PST

Is this supposed to happen?

*** - EVAL: User break
1. Break> abort

*** - EVAL: variable ABORT has no value
2. Break> abort

1. Break> abort

While I'm at it, is there some abbreviation of abort away with which I
can get?

+-     PETER DUDEY DRAKE      279-D SE Lilly Ave.,  Corvallis, OR  97333     -+
|       MS student in Artificial Intelligence, Oregon State University        |
|                   Where I come from, we're ALL like this.                   |
+-  [email-masked]        (finger [email-masked])  -+

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Shepherd)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 95 09:34 NZDT

> From: [email-masked]

If you hit <return> at the "1. Break>" prompt and then go "abort" (or
any other command in the "help" list) then it seems to think that
you're trying to evaluate a symbol by that name.  However your output
doesn't show that so I can't help here.

> While I'm at it, is there some abbreviation of abort away with which I

EOF is a good way to go back up a level i.e. <Ctrl-d> in unix or
<Ctrl-z> in DOS or VMS (can't remember what it is in others).  I'm not
sure if this completely equivalent to an "abort" but it's much less typing!

8<--------------------------->8

Richard Shepherd. 

([email-masked])

(boring ~/.signature eh?)

---

From: [email-masked] (Joerg-Cyril Hoehle)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 95 11:34:06 +0100

> *** - EVAL: variable ABORT has no value

This sometimes happens to me in an EMACS buffer (either on UNIX or the
Amiga). I suppose that EMACS sometimes sends a newline that is read by
CLISP. When CLISP gets a newline, it does not recognize abort, unwind
and the others until the next prompt (e.g. type () + Return, get a new
prompt and then type abort). I can't predict when it happens and it's
rather annoying.

 > While I'm at it, is there some abbreviation of abort away with which I
Define one, for example "a" (look at user1.lsp:(commands1)).

To R. Shepherd:
EOF is not doing an abort, it's doing a continue when there's one, so
it's not always the same.

 	Joerg Hoehle.
[email-masked]