Subject: newreadline

From: [email-masked] (Tomohiro Shibata)
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 95 08:11:51 JST

Hi,

I tried to compile clisp-1995-06-23 on Linux, but I got below errors:

------
 make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/share/src/LANGUAGE/LISP/CLISP/clisp-1995-06-23/with-gcc-on-zorac/newreadline'
 gcc -O -c -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -DDYNAMIC_FFI -DCLISP -I. -I../../src/newreadline -DHAVE_CONFIG_H ../../src/newreadline/readline.c
 In file included from ../../src/newreadline/readline.c:60:
 ../../src/newreadline/rldefs.h:113: sys/stream.h: No such file or directory
 ../../src/newreadline/rldefs.h:124: sys/filio.h: No such file or directory
 make[1]: *** [readline.o] Error 1
 make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/LANGUAGE/LISP/CLISP/clisp-1995-06-23/with-gcc-on-zorac/newreadline'
 make: *** [newreadline/libreadline.a] Error 2
------

BSD has both stream.h and filio.h but Linux doesn't.

Is there anyway to get over this problem?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomohiro SHIBATA 	          |email  [email-masked]
Inoue-Inaba Laboratory,           |www    http://www.jsk.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~tom/
Department of Mechano-informatics,|
University of Tokyo; Japan        |fax	  +81-3-3815-8356

---

From: Marcus Daniels <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 21:32:20 GMT

>>>>> "Tomohiro" == Tomohiro Shibata <[email-masked]> writes:

Tomohiro> I tried to compile clisp-1995-06-23 on Linux, but I got
Tomohiro> below errors:

Tomohiro> BSD has both stream.h and filio.h but Linux doesn't.

Find out why HAVE_SYS_STREAM_H is defined (and if zorac happens to
run both BSD and Linux, be sure to reconfigure between compiles!)

I'll build on Linux with newreadline later today.

---

From: Marcus Daniels <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 02:23:26 GMT

When I do a:

  configure --with-dynamic-ffi --with-newreadline --build linux

with 0623, autoconf makes the correct decision about the presence of 
stream.h and fileio.h.  The package builds from beginning to
test-suite without a problem.  gcc-2.6.3, libc-5.2.5, Linux 1.3.15.

Tomohiro> Is there anyway to get over this problem?

I can't see any problem.

---

From: [email-masked] (Tomohiro Shibata)
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 95 13:23:28 JST

Hi,
   >>Tomohiro> Is there anyway to get over this problem?

I'm sorry. I didn't know that I had to use --build option.
I can copmpile it correctly. I'm goint to enjoy FFI.

thanks a lot,