Subject: new old Amiga binaries available

From: [email-masked] (Joerg-Cyril Hoehle)
Date: Mon, 22 May 95 19:47:30 +0200

Hi,

since due to lack of time and other reasons, the state of the Amiga
implementation of CLISP w.r.t. current sources is not satisfactory to
me (FFI, AFFI, SCREEN and others) and the last released binary is very
old, I decided to make public the October 94 version that several beta
testers used. Thus everybody can benefit from the changes that
happened since the last public release (February 94), mainly the
language switch and the ability to run with VMM (with the so-called
*-wide version).

>From README.Amiga:

This archive contains an Amiga version of CLISP as of 1st September 1994
(with some minor patches September/October). This is an intermediate
release, as I haven't yet found the time to debug and integrate the new FFI
(CLISP from April 95). Beta testers have been using this version happily. I
didn't want to prevent other lispers from the benefit of the new features
like the english/german/french language switch and the availability of the
*-wide version any longer. I didn't generate a *-low version this time, but
that doesn't mean that it's not supported. Please see the files clisp.man
and README too. Aminet archive names have been shortened to fit the 20
characters limit.

There are three distinct binary versions of CLISP. These will be referred as
*-high, *-low and *-wide. Depending on your machine, you'll be able to run
one or the other, or all of them for testing purposes.

o The *-high version:

  + has been compiled for 68020 and higher, won't run on 68000 CPUs. It
    doesn't use the floating point coprocessor.

  + is able to deal with addresses from 0 to 0x07FFFFFF, thus working on some
    A3000 and A4000 machines. GigaMem uses addresses between 0x20000000 and
    0x60000000. VMM40 uses adresses at 0x40000000. CLISP cannot run with
    that.

  * checks the memory it gets, reverting to MEMF_24BITDMA (>2.0, otherwise
    MEMF_CHIP), like above.

o The *-wide version:

  + has been compiled for 68020 and higher, won't run on 68000 CPUs. It
    doesn't use the floating point coprocessor.

  + is able to deal with any address and works fine with virtual memory or
    configurations where memory is located above 0x08000000
    (e.g. CSA-Derringer 030). This has been achived at the cost of using
    64-bit integers. This makes the executable and memory files very large.

The binaries may be found at the usual place:
/[email-masked]:/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/amiga/
  -rw-r--r--  1 haible   clisp      684731 May 18 12:28 CLisp-940901B-h.lha
  -rw-r--r--  1 haible   clisp      749828 May 18 12:29 CLisp-940901B-w.lha
  -rw-r--r--  1 haible   clisp        9749 May 18 12:01 README.Amiga
  -rw-r--r--  1 haible   clisp        3339 May 18 12:23 README.Beta

Happy lisping,
 	Joerg Hoehle.
[email-masked]