Subject: CLOS

From: Jean-Paul Tea <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 03:09:45 -0700 (PDT)

First of all, thanks to all of you who responded to my email.

Here's another question:
I'm using CLISP on my PC, and everytime I want to get into CLOS mode, I need
to type (use-package "CLOS")

IS there a way I can bypass that?  Typing (use-package "CLOS") isn't a 
big deal, but it kind of get annoying.  
BTW, is there an editor built into CLISP?  To type a program, I have to 
quit CLISP, run my editor program (emacs).  Run CLISP again, load the 
program.  This cycle continues quite a lot.

Thanks,

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jean-Paul Tea              [email-masked]
Computer Eng.              University of Washington
=============
WWW page:
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/jeanpaul
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Lauri Siponen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 15:13:15 +0300

> to type (use-package "CLOS")

You might want to type (in-package "COMMON-LISP-USER") instead. 
I think that the COMMON-LISP-USER package should be the default
user package, because it uses COMMON-LISP package which exports
the standard CLOS symbols. The default USER package uses LISP package
which is different than COMMON-LISP. Maybe there are some historical
reasons for this, but I find it little confusing.

Lauri Siponen
<[email-masked]>