Subject: Re: clisp-link ... where is it?

From: haible (Bruno Haible)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 95 17:49:56 +0200

> While building I noticed -DDYNAMIC_FFI in the gcc command-lines so the
> new clisp is ready to use the FFI I assume.

Right. The clisp-link script is only built by a "make modular", and to
type in the examples as is, you also need a symbolic link "ln -s . base".

                    Bruno Haible
                    [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Shepherd)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 95 12:36 NZST

>                     [email-masked]

When I do "make modular" I get:

gcc -O -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -DDYNAMIC_FFI -I../src/newreadline -c noreadline.c
noreadline.d:48: conflicting types for `rl_named_function'
../src/newreadline/readline.h:374: previous declaration of `rl_named_function'
noreadline.d:53: conflicting types for `rl_bind_key'
../src/newreadline/readline.h:365: previous declaration of `rl_bind_key'
make: *** [noreadline.o] Error 1

On looking through makefile I see that modular depends on both
libnoreadline and libreadline:

modular : all lisp.a libavcall.a libvacall.a libtrampoline.a libnoreadline.a libreadline.a clisp-link modules.d modules.c module.cc clisp.h modules.h makevars

I should have thought that these were mutually exclusive?  Should I
just remove libnoreadline from that line in the makefile and carry on?

8<--------------------------->8

Richard Shepherd. 

([email-masked])

WWW home page:- http://therat.math.waikato.ac.nz