Subject: clisp-link ... where is it?

From: [email-masked] (Richard Shepherd)
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 95 16:09 NZST

I have successfully built and installed clisp-1995-04-04 now and I
seem to have everything *except* the clisp-link program mentioned in
doc/foreign.txt examples...so did I do everything...

I built it with 

./configure --prefix=/usr --build linux

then

cd linux
make install

While building I noticed -DDYNAMIC_FFI in the gcc command-lines so the
new clisp is ready to use the FFI I assume.

I have linux 1.2.0 and gcc 2.6.3.

Have I missed anything?

8<--------------------------->8

Richard Shepherd. 

([email-masked])

WWW home page:- http://therat.math.waikato.ac.nz

---

From: haible (Bruno Haible)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 95 18:00:46 +0200

> When I do "make modular" I get:
> noreadline.d:48: conflicting types for `rl_named_function'
> noreadline.d:53: conflicting types for `rl_bind_key'

This is fixed in yesterday's release.

> On looking through makefile I see that modular depends on both
> libnoreadline and libreadline:
> I should have thought that these were mutually exclusive?

These are mutually exclusive indeed. You can remove libnoreadline.a from the
makefile. I put it in such that "make distrib" will distribute both
libreadline.a and libnoreadline.a, so that the final user will have the
choice.

                    Bruno Haible
                    [email-masked]