Subject: clisp equivalent of sleep?

From: Raymond Toy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 17:19:26 -0400

Is there an equivalent of sleep in clisp?  

I'm using clisp on machine A to start up several jobs on other machines
(B and C) and these jobs will eventually send some output to A.
(Using run-program or make-pipe-input-stream to start the jobs.)
Right now I use a loop over each machine which runs read-char-no-hang
to see if anything has been sent.  While this does what I want,
machine A uses 100% CPU while busy waiting.  A carefully inserted
sleep would help this out.

Or have I totally missed the boat and there is some other solution?
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ray

---

From: haible (Bruno Haible)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 95 16:14:18 +0200

> Is there an equivalent of sleep in clisp?

CLtL has a function SLEEP, and CLISP implements it, of course.

Btw, I would like to thank Bill Barry <[email-masked]> who
has taken over the management of clisp-list. Thank you!!

                    Bruno Haible
                    [email-masked]