Subject: Anyone have a linux a.out binary of the most recent CLISP?

From: John Wiseman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 1995 17:36:29 -0600 (CST)

My satisfaction with what works is currently winning over my desire
for new tech, so I haven't converted to an ELF system yet.  Anyone
have the newest CLISP built for linux a.out?

John Wiseman

---

From: Marcus Daniels <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 12:06:28 GMT

>>>>> "John" == John Wiseman <[email-masked]> writes:

John> My satisfaction with what works is currently winning over my
John> desire for new tech, so I haven't converted to an ELF system
John> yet.  Anyone have the newest CLISP built for linux a.out?

  http://sayre.sysc.pdx.edu:8001/clisp/binaries/x86_LinuxAout.tar.z

Eventually it will show up on ftp as:

  ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de:/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/linux-aout.

But don't get it unless the length = 1657269!

---

From: John Wiseman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 10:59:08 -0600 (CST)

>   http://sayre.sysc.pdx.edu:8001/clisp/binaries/x86_LinuxAout.tar.z

Thank you very much, Marcus!

Unfortunately, when I run make, ld complains "malformed input file
(not rel or archive) base/lisp.a()".  Is my gcc 2.5.8 too old or
something?

John

---

From: Marcus Daniels <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 02:38:55 GMT

>>>>> "John" == John Wiseman <[email-masked]> writes:

John> Unfortunately, when I run make, ld complains "malformed input
John> file (not rel or archive) base/lisp.a()".  Is my gcc 2.5.8 too
John> old or something?

You might try extracting the archive like:

   mkdir obj
   cd obj
   ar x lisp.a
   cd ..
   
And then either tweaking the makefile to use obj/*.o or do a
  
   ar cr lisp.a obj/*.o
   ranlib lisp.a

Otherwise, can you tell me where I can get the source code to the
linker and "ar" you have?