Subject: building new clisp

From: [email-masked] (Richard Shepherd)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 95 14:55 NZST

Hi clispers, 

I just have a question about building the new clisp.  I already have
the 1995-01-01 sources and so I only retrieved the new
clispsrc-newreadline.tar.z and the
clispsrc-1995-01-01-to-1995-04-04.tar.z.

I have untarred the old sources and now I guess I untar the update
INSIDE the directory clisp-1995-01-01 (perhaps after renaming it
clisp-1995-04-04 ?) and go: patch < diffs-1995-01-01-to-1995-04-04 
and the carry on with the build as for the old version?

Could someone confirm this for me, or correct me.... I just wanna get
it all going, but without beating my head on a brick wall too much...
This FFI sounds really good for my work...

Cheers,

8<--------------------------->8

Richard Shepherd. 

([email-masked])

WWW home page:- http://therat.math.waikato.ac.nz

---

From: haible (Bruno Haible)
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 95 17:33:52 +0200

Richard Shepherd <[email-masked]> says:

> I already have the 1995-01-01 sources and so I only retrieved the new
> INSIDE the directory clisp-1995-01-01

Right.

> perhaps after renaming it clisp-1995-04-04 ?

You can rename the directory beforehand or afterwards.

> and go: patch < diffs-1995-01-01-to-1995-04-04

Use:      patch -p1 < diffs-1995-01-01-to-1995-04-04

> This FFI sounds really good for my work...

Please test it and report problems. I have tested it only with some Linux
C library functions. If someone could write X11/Xt/Xaw library bindings,
that would be great.

                    Bruno Haible
                    [email-masked]