Subject: fortran type i/o in lisp

From: [email-masked] (Dan Stanger)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 17:27:18 -0600

does anybody know of a package that can emulate format statements
in lisp?  for example i want to do something like
(fortran-read "1a1,10a1" "a1234567890") ==> ("A" "1234567890")

thanks,
dan stanger

---

From: Jan Deleeuw <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 16:57:28 -0700 (PDT)

> (fortran-read "1a1,10a1" "a1234567890") ==> ("A" "1234567890")
ftp://ftp.stat.ucla.edu/pub/stat/lisp/xlisp/
     xlisp-stat/code/utilities/IO/formatted-input.tar.gz

This is Xlisp, but I think the code is probably close to CL. While you
are there, look around in the hierarchy.

--- Jan
-- 
Jan de Leeuw; UCLA Statistics Program; UCLA Statistical Consulting
US mail: 8118 Math Sciences, 405 Hilgard Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024-1554
phone (310)-825-9550; fax (310)-206-5658; email: [email-masked]