Subject: Graphics

From: [email-masked] (Josef Wainz)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 14:26:11 +0500

Can anyone point me towards good books, references, programming examples, etc.
where clisp is used for generating graphics.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Focus:HOPE Center for Advanced Technologies

[email-masked]

---

From: Marcus Daniels <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 1995 22:43:44 GMT

On the modest size, there is a module for CLISP called "stdwin"
that might be a starting place. 

Pierpaolo Bernardi ([email-masked]) wrote a 
neat little tree-visualization program that uses stdwin.  It might provide
some guidance.  It is available for ftp from:

   ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de:/pub/lisp/clisp/contrib/trees.tar.gz

The `standard' X interface for Common Lisp is CLX.  A CLX tweaked
for CLISP, and a manual, is available at:
 
   ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de:/pub/lisp/clisp/packages

A large GUI system developed at Carnegie Mellon called `Garnet' is
available from the same place, as well as some other CLX-layered
packages. The latest (and last) version of Garnet is available at:

   ftp.cs.cmu.edu:/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/garnet/garnet/

I found I had to modify the garnet-loader file slightly in order to
get Garnet 3.0 to load.  That's at:

    http://sayre.sysc.pdx.edu:8001/clisp/garnet-loader.lisp.

You'll need something like 133Mhz Pentium in order to have very usable
performance.  The HCI group at CMU now is working a C++ library called
`Amulet'.  One could use the CLISP FFI to interface with Amulet or any
number of other libraries (e.g. Tk, Xview).