Subject: benchmarks

From: Myriam Abramson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 19:49:23 GMT

Did anybody run the gabriel benchmarks with clisp?  I did fix a few
things in the benchmarks' code but I can't figure out what's wrong
with the boyer code.  I get a Unix error 89 (I use the SGI-5.3
binary). 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

                                          myriam

---

From: Marcus Daniels <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 11:41:01 GMT

>>>>> "myriam" == Myriam Abramson <[email-masked]> writes:

myriam> Did anybody run the gabriel benchmarks with clisp?  I did fix
myriam> a few things in the benchmarks' code but I can't figure out
myriam> what's wrong with the boyer code.  I get a Unix error 89 (I
myriam> use the SGI-5.3 binary).

Seems like I've seen a newer version of gabriel around, but I can't
summon the location.  Anyway, I just tried it out with sources from CMU.

  [get and extract gabriel.tgz from CMU repository: lang/lisp/code/gabriel]
  [get http://sayre.sysc.pdx.edu:8001/clisp/tweaks/gabriel_diffs]
  cd gabriel
  patch < gabriel_diffs
  make -f makefile.clisp

"Error 89" noted.  Thanks.