Subject: Re: No NeXTSTEP binary, error after building from source

From: [email-masked] (Rick Mohr)
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 95 21:19:55 -0500

I am trying to get or build CLISP for a 68040 NeXT machine running NEXTSTEP  
3.2.

The directory binaries/m68k-next on the anonymous ftp site and mirrors contains  
no binaries.

I downloaded and built the current version (clisp-1995-12-08) but it gets an  
"IOT trap" when loading at the end of the make (see below).

Does anybody have a binary I can ftp, or a suggestion for building it?  I don't  
need the very latest and greatest, just something that works.

Thanks,

-Rick

---

Rick Mohr            Internet: [email-masked]
Archetype, Inc.
100 Fifth Avenue        voice: (617) 890-7544 x231
Waltham, MA  02154        fax: (617) 890-3661

venus> make
test -d linkkit || ln -s . linkkit
test -d base || ln -s . base
test -d bindings || mkdir bindings
./lisp.run -m 800kw -N po/locale -M interpreted.mem -q -c compiler.lsp
make: *** [compiler.fas] IOT trap

---

From: Marcus Daniels <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 02:14:41 GMT

>>>>> "Rick" == Rick Mohr <[email-masked]> writes:

Rick> The directory binaries/m68k-next on the anonymous ftp site and
Rick> mirrors contains no binaries.

I've uploaded a new build for FTP from:
  ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de:/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/m68k-next/
as
  clisp.tar.z

It is also at:
   http://sayre.sysc.pdx.edu:8001/clisp/binaries
as
  m68k_NEXTSTEP.tar.z

(I have reason to think it fixes the problem reported with Co-Xist,
but can't confirm this myself)