Subject: problem with eval and clos

From: [email-masked] (Dan Stanger)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 14:40:39 -0700

l is bound to (RNOTCONTAINED (MAPLET 'JOE 1) #<RELATION #x000080>)
and when i try to (eval l) i get a error
*** - EVAL: illegal form #<RELATION #x000080>

however when i bind #<RELATION #x000080> to a with a let as follows
(let ((a (slot-value (gethash 'addentry *schemas*) 'telephones)))
(RNOTCONTAINED (MAPLET 'JOE 1) a)
)
it works.  could someone explain why this occurs?
thanks,
dan stanger

---

From: "Harvey J. Stein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 09:47:23 +0200

> it works.  could someone explain why this occurs?

Wild guesses - maybe #<RELATION...> needs to be quoted, or maybe the
reader can't handle #<...> forms.  If bind l to:

(RNOTCONTAINED (MAPLET 'JOE 1) (slot-value (gethash 'addentry
*schemas*) 'telephones))

then I'd bet it works.

Good luck,

Dr. Harvey J. Stein
Berger Financial Research
[email-masked]