Subject: ctrl-Z

From: [email-masked] (Tomohiro Shibata)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 95 15:53:22 JST

Hi,

I use clisp-1995-06-23(with newreadline) on Linux and SunOS4.1.4.
I have a problem on Ctrl-Z keying. Whenever I press Ctrl-Z on SunOS,
the terminal is hung up, and I have to kill it. On Linux, its OK.

Is there anyone encountering such problem?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomohiro SHIBATA 	          |email  [email-masked]
Inoue-Inaba Laboratory,           |www    http://www.jsk.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~tom/
Department of Mechano-informatics,|
University of Tokyo; Japan        |fax	  +81-3-3815-8356

---

From: Marcus Daniels <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 07:29:16 GMT

>>>>> "Tomohiro" == Tomohiro Shibata <[email-masked]> writes:

Tomohiro> I use clisp-1995-06-23(with newreadline) on Linux and
Tomohiro> SunOS4.1.4.  I have a problem on Ctrl-Z keying. Whenever I
Tomohiro> press Ctrl-Z on SunOS, the terminal is hung up, and I have
Tomohiro> to kill it. On Linux, its OK.

Hmm, so it does!  Workaround:  use the gdb readline. 
A new binary distribution is available as:

  http://sayre.sysc.pdx.edu:8001/clisp/binaries/sun4m_SunOS413.tar.z

---

From: Raymond Toy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 1995 13:10:57 -0400

>>>>> "Marcus" == Marcus Daniels <[email-masked]> writes:

    Tomohiro> I use clisp-1995-06-23(with newreadline) on Linux and
    Tomohiro> SunOS4.1.4.  I have a problem on Ctrl-Z keying. Whenever
    Tomohiro> I press Ctrl-Z on SunOS, the terminal is hung up, and I
    Tomohiro> have to kill it. On Linux, its OK.

    Marcus> Hmm, so it does!  Workaround: use the gdb readline.  A new

I thought the readline lib for clisp had special patches to support
some clisp stuff.  Would the gdb version have the same hooks?  Just
curious.  I almost always use ilisp in xemacs to run clisp.

Ray

---

From: Marcus Daniels <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 21:33:03 GMT

>>>>> "Raymond" == Raymond Toy <[email-masked]> writes:

Raymond> I thought the readline lib for clisp had special patches to
Raymond> support some clisp stuff.  Would the gdb version have the
Raymond> same hooks? 

clispsrc-readline.tar.z instead of clispsrc-newreadline.tar.z

---

From: Tomohiro Shibata <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 10:48:27 +0900

Hi,
  I'm sorry that I'm late to respond.

   >>  http://sayre.sysc.pdx.edu:8001/clisp/binaries/sun4m_SunOS413.tar.z

  This binary dies of SIGSEV. I don't know why.

   >>clispsrc-readline.tar.z instead of clispsrc-newreadline.tar.z

  According to above instruction, I built clisp again. The new binary
accepts ctrl-z.

thanks a lot,

---

From: Marcus Daniels <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 1995 23:39:03 GMT

>>>>> "Tomohiro" == Tomohiro Shibata <[email-masked]> writes:

me> http://sayre.sysc.pdx.edu:8001/clisp/binaries/sun4m_SunOS413.tar.z

Tomohiro>   This binary dies of SIGSEV. I don't know why.

One thing to check is that the -N argument in "clisp" points
to the right place, and that this directory has the the proper .mo
files.  An incorrect path problem can cause segfaults.  However, if you 
edit the "prefix =" before "install" it should work.