Subject: Re: CLISP on Win95 -Reply

From: Phil Oelkers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 17:25:37 -0600

Bruno

I've not had much luck FTP files I got the DOS ones from the WWW.

Maybe you can help with an elementary problem.  I receive the file from
FTP and the resulting file ends with .GZ - I assume this is some sort of
compressed format (similar to a .ZIP file).  How do I expand the file to
a useable form?

Phil Oelkers
Database Analyst
Direct Marketing Technology

>>> Bruno Haible <[email-masked]> 02/20 3:37 pm >>>
Phil Oelkers <[email-masked]> writes:

> Is there a version that is more Windows 95 friendly?  This version
> seems to insist that all other applications be closed as it is running.

The DOS version of CLISP, when run in the DOS box of Win95, causes
scheduling problems among the applications. I think this is a general
problem with the 16bit emulation in Win95. Did you try the Win32
binaries in ftp://ftp2.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/win32/ ?

Bruno