Subject: default extensions

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Mar 1998 17:26:27 -0500

(load "zz") will look for zz.lsp and zz.fas, but not for zz.cl, or
zz.lisp.

1. what is the rationale?
2. is it possible to change this behavior?
3. this doesn't seem to be documented in _impnotes.

Thanks.

-- 
Sam Steingold, running RedHat5 GNU/Linux (http://www.linux.org)
Micros**t is not the answer. Micros**t is a question, and the answer is Linux,
the choice of the GNU (http://www.gnu.org) generation.
Life is a sexually transmitted disease with 100% mortality.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jorg-Cyril Hohle)
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 16:30:04 +0100

> 1. what is the rationale?
Compatibility among all platforms CLISP runs on. .lisp is four
letters, .cl specific to '(and (not ALLEGRO) EXCL) only says my
defsystem.  Thus if you need it, add it to your own config.lsp and
save-world, but don't make it global for all of CLISP.

> system::*source-file-types*
(#".lsp")

 > 3. this doesn't seem to be documented in _impnotes.
Correct, maybe move it to package LISP, like *LOAD-PATHS* at the same time?

Regards,
	Jo"rg Ho"hle.
[email-masked]		http://zeus.gmd.de/~hoehle/amiga-clisp.html