Subject: thanks from Yahoo! Store

From: Paul Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 16:00:04 -0700 (PDT)

I just sent Bruno some email thanking him and his collaborators
for their work on Clisp, and mentioning that we had used it to
implement Yahoo! Store (http://store.yahoo.com).  Bruno suggested
I send mail to clisp-list about this use of Clisp.

Yahoo! Store is one of the most complex server-based apps so far,
and we have found Lisp to be the perfect language for writing this
type of program.  Y! Store is also a good example of a successful
mainstream Lisp application.  It is by far the most popular offering
in the extremely competitive e-commerce field.  We currently have
over 2300 live users, about twice as many as the #2 product.  We've
used Clisp since the beginning, and have found it to be a great CL
implementation.

--pg

---

From: "Reginald S. Perry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 00:50:25 -0700

Hi Paul,
	Congratulations on the Yahoo! Store. Someone mentioned the deal a
number of weeks ago in comp.lang.lisp. I was wondering why you chose
Clisp and not something like Allegro from Franz or LispWorks from
Harlequin?

Thanks.

-Reggie