Subject: Integrating CLISP and Tk

From: [email-masked] (Paolo Amoroso)
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 21:10:28 GMT

Is there any plan to integrate--maybe in a distant future--CLISP, Tk and
CLOS as was done for STk (http://kaolin.unice.fr/STk/) with Scheme, Tk and
STklos?

Paolo
-- 
Paolo Amoroso <[email-masked]>

---

From: Rodrigo Ventura <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 22:38:50 GMT

>>>>> "Paolo" == Paolo Amoroso <[email-masked]> writes:

    Paolo> Is there any plan to integrate--maybe in a distant future--CLISP, Tk and
    Paolo> CLOS as was done for STk (http://kaolin.unice.fr/STk/) with Scheme, Tk and
    Paolo> STklos?

        I've been using with-wish package with great results. Although
it is an *extremely* simple interface (stream-based with an
interactive "wish"), it works really smooth. I've been working with it
to illustrate and interact with my AI programs in LISP. It also works
fine with CMUCL for instance -- no code modifications required.
        Of course it may be difficult to use such a simple device to
more complex interfaces, or intefaces with a heavy interaction (unless
you do it in tcltk).

        I've also tried a tk interface for gcl, but it seemed less
flexible -- for instance it didn't supported certain features of
tcltk8.0. With with-wish, newfeatures are trivialy supported. Another
advantage is that you can still use specTcl to visually design the
GUI, and then make some tcltk code to glue it to CLISP.

        Regards,

-- 
--

*** Rodrigo Martins de Matos Ventura, alias <Yoda>
***  [email-masked], http://www.isr.ist.utl.pt/~yoda
***   Instituto de Sistemas e Robotica, Polo de Lisboa
***    Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisboa, Portugal
***     PGP Public Key available on my homepage
*** Key fingerprint = 0C 0A 25 58 46 CF 14 99  CF 9C AF 9E 10 02 BB 2A