Subject: clisp win32 binaries

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Dec 1998 15:55:20 -0500

the latest clisp w32 binaries I can find on clisp.cons.org are more than
a year old.  are there newer binaries available somewhere?
thanks

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.goems.com/~sds) running RedHat5.2 GNU/Linux
Micros**t is not the answer.  Micros**t is a question, and the answer is Linux,
(http://www.linux.org) the choice of the GNU (http://www.gnu.org) generation.
I don't want to be young again, I just don't want to get any older.

---

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 20:39:09 +0100 (MET)

> a year old.  are there newer binaries available somewhere?

There are now newer ones on clisp.cons.org. clisp-1998-09-09 builds out
of the box with MSVC4. Some makefile changes are needed in order to build it
with MSVC6, however.

Bruno

---

From: Blake McBride <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 14:26:05 -0600

>of the box with MSVC4. Some makefile changes are needed in order to build it

Could you give us these?

Thanks.

--blake

--
Download source code to my Dynace Object Oriented
Extension to C and Windows Development System from:
http://www.edge.net/algorithms
Blake McBride ([email-masked])
Algorithms Corporation - 615-791-1636 - USA

---

From: Fred Cohen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 07:29:35 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to get this lisp to run under Windows and it fails and kills
the DOS window too quickly to read an error message.  Under DOS with no
windows, it tells me that it requires windows in order to run (who knows
why this is?) while under Windows running a Dos prompt, it tellme me
there is not enough memory.  Unfortunately, there is no way to tell this
Windows version how much memory to provide for a program.  Does anybody
know what I am doing wrong (besides the obvious foolishness of trying to
run something as useful as Lisp under something as useless as Windows).

FC

--
  Fred Cohen & Associates: http://all.net - [email-masked] - tel/fax:925-454-0171
				Have a great day!!!

Per the official policy of Sandia National Laboratories, the reader should be
aware that:
  - Fred Cohen of Fred Cohen & Associates is the same Fred Cohen who is a
    Principal Member of Technical Staff at Sandia National Laboratories.
  - Fred Cohen & Associates - is owned and operated by Fred Cohen and is
    separate and independent from the work done by Fred Cohen at Sandia
    National Laboratories.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Dec 1998 10:41:29 -0500

>>>> In message <[email-masked]>
>>>> On the subject of "Re: clisp win32 binaries"
>>>> Sent on Tue, 15 Dec 1998 07:18:13 -0800 (PST)
>>>> Honorable Fred Cohen <[email-masked]> writes:

version? 3.1? 95? 98? nt3? nt4?

 >> why this is?) while under Windows running a Dos prompt, it tellme me

because this is a 32 bit app.  There is a separate 16 bit DOS binary (I
think).

 >> there is not enough memory.  Unfortunately, there is no way to tell this

how much RAM do you have?

 >> Windows version how much memory to provide for a program.  

How do you run it?
I create a shortcut, and tell it to have the following command line:

c:\bin\clisp\lisp.exe -M c:/bin/clisp/lispinit.mem -p CL-USER -I -q -m 10Mb

or (if you have -a option)

c:\bin\clisp\lisp.exe -M c:/bin/clisp/lispinit.mem -a -I -q -m 10Mb

[note that Bruno officially doesn't recommend -a].

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.goems.com/~sds) running RedHat5.2 GNU/Linux
Micros**t is not the answer.  Micros**t is a question, and the answer is Linux,
(http://www.linux.org) the choice of the GNU (http://www.gnu.org) generation.
Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

---

From: Will Lowe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:47:52 -0500 (EST)

> run something as useful as Lisp under something as useless as Windows).

Which version of Windows?  under 3.1 you can create a pif file with the
pif editor,  and Windows 95 will let you specify application needs if you
right-click on the icon,  methinks.

                     					Will

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|             [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|           You think you're so smart,  but I've seen you naked          |
|                  and I'll prob'ly see you naked again ...              |
|                 --The Barenaked Ladies,  "Blame It On Me"              |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------