Subject: installation

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Dec 1998 15:14:55 -0500

$ make -n install
if [ ! -d /usr/lib ] ; then mkdir /usr/lib ; fi
if [ ! -d /usr/lib/lisp ] ; then mkdir /usr/lib/lisp ; fi
cp lisp.run /usr/lib/lisp/lisp.run
rm -f /usr/lib/lisp/lispinit.mem
cp lispinit.mem /usr/lib/lisp/lispinit.mem
.....

1. why lispinit.mem is rm'ed but lisp.run is not?

2. why aren't files from the `full' directory installed anywhere?
   why not put them into /usr/lib/lisp/lispfull.run and
   /usr/lib/lisp/lispfull.mem and make /usr/bin/clisp -f run them?

On a different note - should I check the redhat clisp.spec RPM
specification file into the CVS?  under what name?  I prefer
clisp.spec, but I would expect that, since suse uses the same name, I
will be asked to use redhat-clisp.spec or something.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.goems.com/~sds) running RedHat5.2 GNU/Linux
Micros**t is not the answer.  Micros**t is a question, and the answer is Linux,
(http://www.linux.org) the choice of the GNU (http://www.gnu.org) generation.
Isn't "Microsoft Works" an advertisement lie?