Subject: hemlock in clisp

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Feb 1999 16:00:46 -0500

One of my pet dreams is a CL-based Emacs (along the lines of CLEMACS,
announced by Naggum a couple of years ago and dead ever since).

The idea is that there will be a package which will allow loading elisp
directly (basically, it will redefine `if' to take many elses and `let'
to make everything special), thus things like w3 and gnus will run out
of the box (in a couple of years all development will switch from elisp
to ansi cl, in a couple more years everyone will switch to this editor
and soon we will gain world domination :-).  

hemlock seems to be the closest thing to this "CLEmacs" - did anyone try
to compile it with any other lisp but cmucl?  (a question on that was
asked on c.l.l recently, but the reply was not encouraging).

what do you think?

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.goems.com/~sds) running RedHat5.2 GNU/Linux
Micros**t is not the answer.  Micros**t is a question, and the answer is Linux,
(http://www.linux.org) the choice of the GNU (http://www.gnu.org) generation.
Do not worry about which side your bread is buttered on: you eat BOTH sides.