Subject: Need Help with SCREAMER !

From: Cabuzel Thierry <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 19:51:29 +0100

Hi !

Can anybody help me ?

I have tried to compile and load screamer like you explain in the little
Readme. But I have a problem:
When i try to compile screamer I have the message :

*** - The macro IN-PACKAGE may not be called with 3 arguments

I have changed the line if screamer.lsp

#+CLISP (in-package "LISP" :nicknames '("COMMON-LISP" "CL"))

to

#+CLISP (in-package "LISP")

then i have tried to recompile screamer and i have the message :

*** - FUNCALL: the function SPECIAL-FORM-P is undefined

but i don't find any fonction of this name.... Where can i find it ?

---

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 20:39:52 +0100 (MET)

> but i don't find any fonction of this name.... Where can i find it ?

(apropos "special-form-p") will show you that this function still exists,
in package LISP, but not in package COMMON-LISP.

Let me recall a paragraph from the 1998-09-09 release's NEWS file:

* X3J13 writeup <SPECIAL-FORM-P-MISNOMER:RENAME> is implemented: New function
  SPECIAL-OPERATOR-P. The function SPECIAL-FORM-P still exists, but its use
  generates a compiler warning.

When you make Screamer ANSI CL compliant, you should change it to use
SPECIAL-OPERATOR-P instead of the old, misnamed, confusing SPECIAL-FORM-P.

Bruno

---

From: Paul Sokolovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 22:19:55 +0200

Hello Cabuzel,

РПОЕДЕМШОЙЛ, 1 жЕЧТБМШ 99, you wrote to me:

CT> Hi !

CT> Can anybody help me ?

CT> I have tried to compile and load screamer like you explain in the little
CT> Readme. But I have a problem:
CT> When i try to compile screamer I have the message :

CT> *** - The macro IN-PACKAGE may not be called with 3 arguments
CT> *** - FUNCALL: the function SPECIAL-FORM-P is undefined

CT> but i don't find any fonction of this name.... Where can i find it ?

    Strange. I tried Screamer 3.20 (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~screamer-tools/home.html)
and only following was required to make it run (sorry for fc output, haven't diff around):

уТБЧОЕОЙЕ ЖБКМПЧ screamer.lisp Й S:\AI\clisp-1997-09-19\screamer\screamer.lisp
****** screamer.lisp
                   (macro-function
                    (second form) #-(or poplog akcl) environment)))
              (error "You can't reference the FUNCTION of a special form or~%~
****** S:\AI\clisp-1997-09-19\screamer\screamer.lisp
                   (macro-function
                    (second form) #-(or poplog akcl CLISP) environment)))
              (error "You can't reference the FUNCTION of a special form or~%~
******

****** screamer.lisp
         ;; note: Poplog and AKCL only support CLtL1.
         (macro-function (first form) #-(or poplog akcl) environment)))
   (walk-macro-call
****** S:\AI\clisp-1997-09-19\screamer\screamer.lisp
         ;; note: Poplog and AKCL only support CLtL1.
         (macro-function (first form) #-(or poplog akcl CLISP) environment)))
   (walk-macro-call
******

      But as you see that was with clisp-1997-09-19 yet, I guess many
nice and useful changes was made since.

Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:[email-masked]