Subject: -a option for ANSI CL compliance

From: [email-masked] (Paolo Amoroso)
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 14:59:32 GMT

Concerning the -a option for improving ANSI CL compliance, the CLISP manual
states:

       -a     ANSI CL compliant: Comply with the ANSI CL specifi-
              cation  even  on those issues where ANSI CL is bro-
              ken. This option is provided for maximum  portabil-
              ity  of  Lisp programs. It is not useful for actual
              everyday work.

What are those issues where ANSI CL is broken?

Paolo
-- 
Paolo Amoroso <[email-masked]>

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Mar 1999 13:09:18 -0500

>>>> In message <[email-masked]>
>>>> On the subject of "-a option for ANSI CL compliance"
>>>> Sent on Sun, 28 Mar 1999 07:06:28 -0800 (PST)
>>>> Honorable [email-masked] (Paolo Amoroso) writes:

please see "impnotes.html#ansi"
(http://www.goems.com/~sds/data/impnotes.html#ansi or
 ftp://cellar.goems.com/pub/clisp/impnotes.html#ansi)

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.goems.com/~sds) running RedHat5.2 GNU/Linux
Micros**t is not the answer.  Micros**t is a question, and the answer is Linux,
(http://www.linux.org) the choice of the GNU (http://www.gnu.org) generation.
The world will end in 5 minutes.  Please log out.