Subject: Bug in one of the demos of NCLX

From: [email-masked] (Paolo Amoroso)
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 19:44:49 GMT

I've found a minor bug in one of the demos included with the NCLX package
bundled with the RPM source distribution of CLISP 1999.01.08 for Linux. The
bug is in file clisp-1999.01.08/modules/clx/new-clx/demos/qix.lsp and it's
caused by a typo in the last form:

(format T "~& CLX-DEMOS:QIX :host :width :height :delay~
           ~%   The famous swirling vectors.")
           ~% Call (clx-demos:qix) or (clx-demos:qix :delay 0).")

The fix is obvious: Just remove the ") characters from the next to last
line.

Paolo

P.S.
There are problems also with sokoban.lsp.
-- 
Paolo Amoroso <[email-masked]>

---

From: Gilbert Baumann <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Mar 1999 18:10:39 +0200

> The fix is obvious: Just remove the ") characters from the next to last

Uff?! How come, that it took so long, that this was noticed? It seems
like this quirk is in since the very early days of new-clx. Thanks for
reporting that.

> There are problems also with sokoban.lsp.
Answered by private email.

Gilbert.

-- 
;;; You know you have hacked Lisp too much, when you m-c-x in a C buffer.

---

From: [email-masked] (Paolo Amoroso)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 19:45:31 GMT

> There are problems also with sokoban.lsp.

As suggested by Gilbert Baumann, the author of NCLX, it's probably a color
map problem. While Sokoban does not run on my system with 256 colors
(please note that I use AfterStep 1.5, a notoriously color-hungry window
manager), it works just fine with 65K colors.

Paolo