Subject: CLOS MOP

From: [email-masked] (Paolo Amoroso)
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 12:44:02 GMT

Is there any plan to add native--i.e. without PCL--support for the CLOS
MOP? I'm just curious, I don't need to use the MOP.

Paolo
-- 
Paolo Amoroso <[email-masked]>

---

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 20:06:03 +0100 (MET)

> MOP? I'm just curious, I don't need to use the MOP.

The meta-object protocol makes it harder for an implementor to optimize
things like `make-instance' and generic function call.

If someone says which parts of the MOP he needs in order to subclass, say,
Gtk classes in Lisp, and it is feasible without penalty on the regular
`make-instance' and generic function call, we will do it.

Bruno

---

From: Ricardo Aler Mur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 16:02:01 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

Has anybody tried to use CLASP with Clisp?. CLASP is a statistical package
written for Allegro CL. It seems to require CLIM. Any help would be
appreciated.

Cheers,

Ricardo.
--------
mailto: "Ricardo Aler Mur" <[email-masked]>
http://grial.uc3m.es/~aler