Subject: Determining what a deftype is?

From: Raymond Toy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 18:18:33 -0400

Is there any way for CLISP to tell me what the definition of a deftype 
is?

That is, say I've done

     (deftype int8 () '(integer -128 127))

Is there any way I can recover that information from CLISP?  In CMUCL, 
I can do something like (kernel::type-specifier (c::specifier-type
'int8)) which returns (signed-byte 8).

I suppose it doesn't really matter since CLISP doesn't use too much
type information for optimization.

Ray

---

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:23:28 +0200 (MET DST)

Raymond Toy <[email-masked]> writes:
> Is there any way I can recover that information from CLISP?

Yes.
       (type-expand-1 'int8)    ==>  (integer -128 127) ; t
       (type-expand 'int8)      ==>  (integer -128 127)

Both functions are documented in impnotes.html.

Bruno

---

From: Raymond Toy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 08:35:09 -0400

>>>>> "Bruno" == Bruno Haible <[email-masked]> writes:

    >> Is there any way for CLISP to tell me what the definition of a deftype 

    Bruno> Yes.
    Bruno>        (type-expand-1 'int8)    ==>  (integer -128 127) ; t
    Bruno>        (type-expand 'int8)      ==>  (integer -128 127)

    Bruno> Both functions are documented in impnotes.html.

Sorry for troubling you for this!  I'll look in impnotes first from
now one.

Thanks,

Ray