Subject: Problems With Windows 95 Clisp Binary

From: Sean Horner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 08:36:57 -0800

Greetings,

I am running into trouble trying to execute the clisp binary for Windows
95, plagued with an illegal operation:

LISP caused an invalid page fault in
module LISP.EXE at 0137:004014b9.
Registers:
EAX=00b41000 CS=0137 EIP=004014b9 EFLGS=00010287
EBX=00b41000 SS=013f ESP=0074d51c EBP=00aa006c
ECX=00000008 DS=013f ESI=00ad88fc FS=348f
EDX=00b50138 ES=013f EDI=00b40068 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 40 04 0f be c8 49 83 f9 08 77 14 ff 24 8d 49 
Stack dump:
00402400 00b41000 0074d930 0074d7f8 00000004 00b50110 0040183e 00b50110
0000003c 00000000 004d08cc 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 

I have attempted different win95 versions of clisp from different sites,
and I have also tried to execute the lisp application on other PCs,
always ending in the same or at least similar result above.

Is this a common problem with a common fix?  Anybody run into something
like this?  Any help would be appreciated, and advanced apologies if
this problem is documented in a FAQ somewhere; I'm a clisp newbie.

--Sean