Subject: compile-file

From: Josef Eschgfaeller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 18:35:08 +0200 (CEST)

I'm looking for a very simple and quick method for compiling a collection
of Lisp files.

(1) It seems that Clisp requires that source file names end with ".lsp".
    Is there an option to override this?

(2) Can one link the object files to an executable program?

(3) Is there someone who has made a little makefile for all this?

I'm rather new to Lisp, especially to everything which has to do with
efficiency, implementation or compilation. For functions as the
following

(defun numbers (a b &optional (d 1))
(do ((x a (+ x d)) (li nil))
((> x b) (nreverse li)) (push x li)))

with compile-file or compiling this single function I obtain an
improvement in speed by a factor 10, say. This is not so bad, but
can one hope for better with a correct compilation technique?

Thanks.

J. Eschgfaeller