Subject: clisp as apache module proposal

From: Jon Dyte <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 15:11:11 +0100

Hi

I have been looking at the possibility of building an equivalent of
either mod_perl / mod_python (PyApache) for Apache but using clisp.
This would mean would could have an apache server with clisp already
in it ready to execute lisp scripts or fasl files. This saves on the
fork and execute "#!/usr/bin/env clisp .... " startup of conventional
CGI.

The first step would be to require that clisp be able to built as
library say libclisp.a

The next step would be to produce a small c module file which hooks
our libclisp.a into the apache api.

Finally we write some lisp modules using the clisp FFI which talk
to the apache internal objects (ie when the server recieves a request)
apache has that as an 'object' - we would need that 'object' to be
accessible in clisp.

I am unsure exactly how clisp is implemented, so just what would it
take to build a library version? Where do I start?

I am including the PyApache home page url, here, so people could get
a feel for what's involved. In the moment, this looks do-able to me
but I would appreciate any feedback.

http://www.msg.com.mx/pyapache/

Jon