Subject: CLISP and ILISP

From: Marco Antoniotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 14:35:02 +0200

Hi

first of all greetings to all.

Secondly, I am about to ship a new version of ILISP (5.9) from its new
home at cons.org.

Thirdly, the ILISP mailing list is now active again at CONS.ORG as a
MAJORDOMO list.  To subscribe send a message to [email-masked]
with body 'subscribe ilisp'.

Finally,

> Topic No. 1
> 
> Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:55:22 +0700
> From: "hlan" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> 
> Dear,
> I have a problem when starting clisp within XEmacs (21.1.2).
> I use ilisp package, and when I type "M-x clisp-hs" there is a message
> "Autoloading failed to define function clisp-hs" and when I type "M-x
> clisp" everything seem to be OK, but when I evaluate expression, another
> message "No package".
> Is there anyone can help me? Thanks
> 

It would seem a proble with LOAD-PATH.  Are you sure your LOAD-PATH
contains the 'ilisp' directory?

The "No package" error message would seem to derive from the fact that
ILISP was able to partially set up the buffer.  However, since the
'dialect' definition was not properly installed things do not work.

Cheers

-- 
Marco Antoniotti ===========================================
PARADES, Via San Pantaleo 66, I-00186 Rome, ITALY
tel. +39 - 06 68 10 03 17, fax. +39 - 06 68 80 79 26
http://www.parades.rm.cnr.it/~marcoxa