Subject: Problems building CLISP 1999-05-15 (May 1999)

From: Dave Pearson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 17:33:03 +0100

I wonder if anyone can help me with some problems I'm running in to while
trying to build from clisp-19990624.tar.gz (which reports itself as
1999-05-15)?

I'm building on a Linux box, the distribution is RedHat 5.2. As I have done
in the past I followed the instructions in unix/INSTALL to the letter,
everything went fine, right thru to the "make install".

The install gives me:

,----
| davep@hagbard:/usr/local/lib/clisp$ ls -l
| total 26
| drwxrwxr-x   2 root     root         1024 Jul  8 13:27 base/
| -rwxrwxr-x   1 davep    davep       20489 Jul  8 13:05 clisp-link*
| drwxrwxr-x   2 root     root         1024 Jul  8 13:27 data/
| drwxrwxr-x   2 root     root         1024 Jul  8 17:21 full/
| drwxrwxr-x   2 root     root         1024 Jul  8 13:27 linkkit/
`----

My problems start here. Despite asking the build process to include the
linux glibc6 bindings it doesn't appear to have done so (there is no LINUX
package available when I run clisp). Also, as I've always done in the past,
I modified lisp:*load-paths* to include the directory where I keep various
"libraries" of code except this time clisp refuses to find any of the .fas
files I REQUEST.

Sorry if this is a little vague but I've never run into problems like this
before and I'm not sure where to start looking. Please shout if I've missed
out any vital information.

-- 
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |      5x5.el - Silly little puzzle.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ | binclock.el - emacs binary clock.
http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |  uptimes.el - Record emacs uptimes.
emacs software, including.......| handyurl.el - Recall lists of URLs.