Subject: problems with autoconf of ffcall in clisp-1999-01-08

From: Leigh Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:27:26 -0400

I understand that 1999-01-08 is the last release of clisp to date?

I've encountered problems configuring clisp on a RedHat 6.0 Linux
system. The symptom is the CPU declaration appearing in the ffcall
Makefiles, e.g avcall/Makefile defines the CPU as i686-pc.

On inspection, it seems that configure is not checking the host_type  
and therefore not substituting i386 for the CPU in order that  
avcall-i386
is used. This seems to be because ffcall/aclocal.m4 (containing the  
test) is not being included into the output of configure. It seems
the configure as distributed also does not include the host_type
tests in aclocal.m4 and that running autoconf-2.13 on the autoconf
directory doesn't generate a configure with that test either.

I'm hoping someone can tell me if aclocal.m4 should be included when  
building the configure as autoconf.m4 seems to indicate it isn't.

Regards

--
Leigh Smith                 [email-masked] (MIME)
tomandandy                  +1-212-334-0421 (W) +1-212-334-0422 (F)
                            89 Greene St. New York, NY 10012, USA
                            http://www.cs.uwa.edu.au/~leigh
Microsoft - What do you want to re-install today?