Subject: Re: Making CLISP run faster

From: Randall R Schulz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 20:32:04 -0700

Hello,

Does anyone know of a version of CMUCL that runs on the PowerPC (PPC) 
processor. Ideally, I'd like to get LinuxPPC binaries, but as long as 
the assembly work has been done, I can probably deal with any other 
porting issues.

If anybody has any information or knows of such a port, could you 
please supply a pointer?

Thanks.

Randy Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

At 18:48 +0200 9/19/99, Eric Marsden wrote:
>...
>
>hey, you can use CMUCL, which is not only free of charge but public
>domain, and it runs faster than ACL on most stuff.
>
>   <URL:http://cmucl.cons.org/>
>
>Eric Marsden

---

From: Raymond Toy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 16:08:39 -0400 (EDT)

>>>>> "Randall" == Randall R Schulz <[email-masked]> writes:

    Randall> Does anyone know of a version of CMUCL that runs on the
    Randall> PowerPC (PPC) processor. Ideally, I'd like to get
    Randall> LinuxPPC binaries, but as long as the assembly work has
    Randall> been done, I can probably deal with any other porting
    Randall> issues.

You probably get a better answer asking on the CMUCL mailing list
instead of CLISP.

I don't believe CMUCL runs on a PowerPC, and I don't think anyone is
working on one either.

Ray