Subject: Re: Problem compiling CLISP

From: Michael Dartt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 21:29:13 +0000

Made it past that step; now it's hanging at the next: "checking whether
signals are blocked when signal handlers are entered... "  (Darn
procedural programs....;-))

If it helps any, here are my CFLAGS: -O6 -fomit-frame-pointer
-fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -pipe -s -mcpu=pentiumpro -march=pentiumpro
-ffast-math -mieee-fp -fexpensive-optimizations

Again, thanks for your help.

--Mike

> > Whenever I try to compile CLISP, the configure script hangs on "checking
> > whether signal handlers need to be reinstalled... "  The machine is a
> > PentiumMMX running Mandrake Linux (basically Red Hata; the compile
> > problems have happened under both 6.0 and 6.1).
> 
> Hello,
> 
> Thanks for reporting this. It goes away if you remove optimizations higher
> than "-O2" from your CC or CFLAGS environment variables.
> 
> The problem is fixed in recent clisp snapshots
> (ftp://cellar.goems.com/pub/clisp/). Thanks for reporting it anyway.
> 
> Bruno

---

From: Michael Dartt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 21:30:50 +0000

I should add that I'm using the latest snapshot: 1999-10-01