Subject: [clisp-announce] GNU CLISP 2.27 release

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Jul 2001 10:33:53 -0400

The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
that has been posted to comp.lang.lisp,comp.os.linux.announce as well.

GNU CLISP 2.27 is now available at
 http://clisp.cons.org
 https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1355
 ftp://clisp.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/source/latest/
 ftp://clisp.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/latest/
 ftp://clisp.sourceforge.net/pub/clisp/latest/
please ask questions about CLISP on [email-masked]
if you would like to contribute to CLISP development, please subscribe
to [email-masked] and send patches there.

CLISP Common Lisp Summary

Common Lisp is a high-level, all-purpose, object-oriented, dynamic,
functional programming language.

CLISP is a Common Lisp implementation by Bruno Haible of Karlsruhe
University and Michael Stoll of Munich University, both in Germany.
It mostly supports the Lisp described in the ANSI Common Lisp standard.

CLISP includes an interpreter, a compiler, a large subset of CLOS, a
foreign language interface and a socket interface. An X11 interface is
available through CLX and Garnet. Command line editing is provided by
GNU ReadLine.

CLISP runs on microcomputers (OS/2, Windows 95/98/2000/NT, Amiga
500-4000, Acorn RISC PC) as well as on Unix workstations (GNU/Linux,
BSD, SVR4, Sun4, DEC Alpha OSF, HP-UX, NeXTstep, SGI, AIX, Sun3 and
others) and needs only 2 MB of RAM.

CLISP is Free Software and may be distributed under the terms of GNU
GPL. You may distribute commercial applications compiled with CLISP, see
file COPYRIGHT in the CLISP distribution.

The user interface comes in German, English, French, Spanish and Dutch,
and can be changed at run time.

CHANGES.LOG:

2.27 (2001-07-17)
=================

User visible changes
--------------------

* EXT:GETENV is now setfable.

* Hostname resolution is now optional in
  EXT:SOCKET-STREAM-PEER and EXT:SOCKET-STREAM-LOCAL.

* EXT:SOCKET-STATUS now accepts SOCKET-SERVERs too
  and the direction of the checks can be specified.

* Added install.bat for win32 installation.

* ANSI CL compliance: more conformant pathname handling.

* Fixed handling of circular structs and pointers to functions in the FFI.

* Fixed binary I/O for streams with element type longer than one byte,
  but not a whole number of bytes.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Lisp: Serious empowerment.