Subject: [clisp-announce] CLISP pre-pretest: full MOP & huge heap

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Nov 30 07:12:01 2004

The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
that has been posted to comp.lang.lisp as well.

You are cordially invited to try the new CLISP pre-pretest at
<http://www.podval.org/~sds/clisp/clisp-2.33.80.tar.bz2>
Main attractions are full MOP support (more complete than in any other
implementation) and ability to allocate 4+GB of memory (used in
production environment with 10GB heaps).
Full list of new features: <http://www.podval.org/~sds/clisp/NEWS>

This is a _pre-pretest_.
It is known to have bugs, e.g., to avoid random contagion warnings, set
CUSTOM:*WARN-ON-FLOATING-POINT-RATIONAL-CONTAGION* and
CUSTOM:*WARN-ON-FLOATING-POINT-CONTAGION* to NIL.

No portability testing has been done (it is known to build on mingw,
cygwin, fc3 linux amd32, RHEL3 amd64 though).

At this time we are mostly interested in
 - bug reports about MOP and large heaps
 - any patches (especially portability)

Thanks!

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
If a train station is a place where a train stops, what's a workstation?