Subject: [clisp-announce] GNU CLISP 2.29 (2002-07-25) is released

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 25 15:50:02 2002

GNU CLISP 2.29 (2002-07-25) is released.

Common Lisp is a high-level, general-purpose programming language.
GNU CLISP is a Common Lisp implementation by Bruno Haible of Karlsruhe
University and Michael Stoll of Munich University, both in Germany.
It mostly supports the Lisp described in the ANSI Common Lisp standard.
It runs on microcomputers (OS/2, Windows NT/2000/XP, Windows 95/98/ME,
Amiga 500-4000, Acorn RISC PC) as well as on Unix workstations (Linux,
SVR4, Sun4, DEC Alpha OSF, HP-UX, BeOS, NeXTstep, SGI, AIX, Sun3 and
others) and needs only 2 MB of RAM.
It is Free Software and may be distributed under the terms of GNU GPL,
while it is possible to distribute commercial applications compiled
with GNU CLISP.
The user interface comes in German, English, French, Spanish, Dutch.
GNU CLISP includes an interpreter, a compiler, a debugger, a large
subset of CLOS, a foreign language interface and a socket interface.
An X11 interface is available through CLX and Garnet.

More information at
  <http://clisp.cons.org/>,
  <http://www.clisp.org/>,
  <http://www.gnu.org/software/clisp/> and
  <http://clisp.sourceforge.net/>.
Sources and selected binaries are available by anonymous ftp from
  <ftp://cvs2.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/>,
  <ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/clisp/>
and their mirrors.

CHANGES:

2.29 (2002-07-25)
=================

User visible changes [this is a bug-fix/portability release]
--------------------

* INSPECT: fixed bugs in HTML generation, Content-Length header,
  removing incorrect package on exit, help in nested inspect sessions.

* COMPILE-FILE: fixed :VERBOSE NIL handling.

* DESCRIBE: handles DIR-KEY now.

* (LAMBDA () (DEFMETHOD ...)) now works.

* Fixed RETURN-FROM in deep nesting.

* Fixed crash on errors in module initialization.

* COMPILER-MACROs can now expand to special forms.

* EVAL-WHEN now distinguishes between COMPILE and :COMPILE-TOPLEVEL
  and between LOAD and :LOAD-TOLEVEL.

Portability
-----------

* CLISP now builds with GCC-3.1 out of the box.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.3 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Never succeed from the first try - if you do, nobody will think it was hard.