Subject: [clisp-announce] GNU CLISP 2.33.1 (2004-05-22) bug fix release

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 26 13:38:17 2004

Common Lisp is a high-level, general-purpose programming language.
GNU CLISP is a Common Lisp implementation by Bruno Haible of Karlsruhe
University and Michael Stoll of Munich University, both in Germany.
It mostly supports the Lisp described in the ANSI Common Lisp standard.
It runs on most Unix workstations (Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
Solaris, Tru64, HP-UX, BeOS, NeXTstep, IRIX, AIX and others) and on
other systems (Windows NT/2000/XP, Windows 95/98/ME) and needs only
2 MB of RAM.
It is Free Software and may be distributed under the terms of GNU GPL,
while it is possible to distribute commercial proprietary applications
compiled with GNU CLISP.
The user interface comes in German, English, French, Spanish, Dutch
and Russian.
GNU CLISP includes an interpreter, a compiler, a debugger, CLOS,
a foreign language interface, sockets, i18n, fast bignums and more.
An X11 interface is available through CLX, Garnet, CLUE/CLIO.
GNU CLISP runs Maxima, ACL2 and many other Common Lisp packages.

More information at
  <http://clisp.cons.org/>,
  <http://www.clisp.org/>,
  <http://www.gnu.org/software/clisp/> and
  <http://clisp.sourceforge.net/>.
Sources and selected binaries are available by anonymous ftp from
  <ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/clisp/>
and their mirrors.

2.33.1 (2004-05-22)
===================

User visible changes
--------------------

* Bug fixes:
  + The return value of ASINH was always rounded to a SINGLE-FLOAT.
  + The return value of NSTRING-UPCASE, NSTRING-DOWNCASE, NSTRING-CAPITALIZE,
    WRITE-STRING, WRITE-LINE, when called with a displaced string as argument,
    was wrong.
  + Some cases of ,@ inside doubly-nested backquote led to an unjustified
    error.

Portability
-----------

* Improved portability for Solaris/SPARC64 in 64-bit mode.

* Buildable with GCC-3.4.

* Fixed a bug in (ASH x MOST-NEGATIVE-FIXNUM) on some platforms.

* Fixed a bug in (SIGNUM negative-single-float) on 64-bit platforms.

* Fixed a bug in (LOGAND fixnum bignum), (LOGNAND fixnum bignum),
  (LOGANDC2 fixnum bignum), (LOGANDC1 bignum fixnum) on some rare platforms.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Why use Windows, when there are Doors?