Subject: [clisp-announce] GNU CLISP 2.41 (2006-10-13) released

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 00:55:10 -0400

ANSI Common Lisp is a high-level, general-purpose programming language.
GNU CLISP is a Common Lisp implementation by Bruno Haible of Karlsruhe
University and Michael Stoll of Munich University, both in Germany.
It mostly supports the Lisp described in the ANSI Common Lisp standard.
It runs on most GNU and Unix systems (GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
Solaris, Tru64, HP-UX, BeOS, NeXTstep, IRIX, AIX and others) and on
other systems (Windows NT/2000/XP, Windows 95/98/ME) and needs only
4 MB of RAM.
It is Free Software and may be distributed under the terms of GNU GPL,
while it is possible to distribute commercial proprietary applications
compiled with GNU CLISP.
The user interface comes in English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch,
Russian and Danish, and can be changed at run time.
GNU CLISP includes an interpreter, a compiler, a debugger, CLOS, MOP,
a foreign language interface, sockets, i18n, fast bignums and more.
An X11 interface is available through CLX, Garnet, CLUE/CLIO.
GNU CLISP runs Maxima, ACL2 and many other Common Lisp packages.

More information at
  <http://clisp.cons.org/>,
  <http://www.clisp.org/>,
  <http://www.gnu.org/software/clisp/> and
  <http://clisp.sourceforge.net/>.
Sources and selected binaries are available by anonymous ftp from
  <ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/clisp/>
and its mirrors.

User visible changes
--------------------

* New module libsvm interfaces to <http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~cjlin/libsvm>
  and makes Support Vector Machines available in CLISP.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/libsvm.html> for details.

* The same internal interface now handles FFI forms DEF-CALL-OUT and
  DEF-C-VAR regardless of the presence of the :LIBRARY argument.
  (:LIBRARY NIL) is now identical to omitting the :LIBRARY argument.
  The default for the :LIBRARY argument is provided by
  FFI:*DEFAULT-FOREIGN-LIBRARY* (bound in a compilation unit).
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/dffi.html#dffi-default-lib> for details.

* Bug fixes:
  + DOCUMENTATION on built-in functions was broken on some platforms.
    [ 1569234 ]
  + Fixed FFI callbacks, broken since the 2.36 release.
  + Fixed the way the top-level driver handles the "--" option terminator.
  + Fixed COMPILE of APPLY in LABELS for local function. [ 1575946 ]

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) on Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)
http://dhimmi.com http://memri.org http://honestreporting.com
http://mideasttruth.com http://truepeace.org http://ffii.org
Genius is immortal, but morons live longer.