Subject: [clisp-announce] GNU CLISP 2.37 (2006-01-02)

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jan 2 09:34:06 2006

ANSI Common Lisp is a high-level, general-purpose programming language.
GNU CLISP is a Common Lisp implementation by Bruno Haible of Karlsruhe
University and Michael Stoll of Munich University, both in Germany.
It mostly supports the Lisp described in the ANSI Common Lisp standard.
It runs on most GNU and Unix systems (GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
Solaris, Tru64, HP-UX, BeOS, NeXTstep, IRIX, AIX and others) and on
other systems (Windows NT/2000/XP, Windows 95/98/ME) and needs only
4 MB of RAM.
It is Free Software and may be distributed under the terms of GNU GPL,
while it is possible to distribute commercial proprietary applications
compiled with GNU CLISP.
The user interface comes in English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch,
Russian and Danish, and can be changed at run time.
GNU CLISP includes an interpreter, a compiler, a debugger, CLOS, MOP,
a foreign language interface, sockets, i18n, fast bignums and more.
An X11 interface is available through CLX, Garnet, CLUE/CLIO.
GNU CLISP runs Maxima, ACL2 and many other Common Lisp packages.

More information at
  <http://clisp.cons.org/>,
  <http://www.clisp.org/>,
  <http://www.gnu.org/software/clisp/> and
  <http://clisp.sourceforge.net/>.
Sources and selected binaries are available by anonymous ftp from
  <ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/clisp/>
and its mirrors.

2.37 (2006-01-02)
=================

User visible changes
--------------------

* Signal a continuable error when an already opened file is opened again,
  unless both streams are read-only.

* SOCKET-SERVER now accepts :BACKLOG and :INTERFACE arguments.
  The first (optional) argument should be the port number or NIL.
  Use (SOCKET-SERVER NIL :INTERFACE SOCKET) instead of (SOCKET-SERVER SOCKET).
  Thanks to Tomas Zellerin <[email-masked]>.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/socket.html#sose> for details.

* EXT:HTTP-PROXY now uses the environment variable "http_proxy", not
  "HTTP_PROXY", like curl does, to avoid confusing it with CGI arguments.

* OPEN :DIRECTION :OUTPUT now creates write-only handles and treats
  named pipes correctly.

* Fixed EXT:SETENV on non-POSIX systems (woe32 and BSD derivatives).

* Fixed a bug in EXT:! on 64-bit platforms.
  Thanks to Dr. Werner Fink <[email-masked]>.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/ http://www.camera.org
http://www.memri.org/ http://ffii.org/ http://www.palestinefacts.org/
Only adults have difficulty with child-proof caps.