Subject: [clisp-announce] GNU CLISP 2.38 (2006-01-24) released

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jan 24 09:49:00 2006

The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
that has been posted to comp.lang.lisp as well.

ANSI Common Lisp is a high-level, general-purpose programming language.
GNU CLISP is a Common Lisp implementation by Bruno Haible of Karlsruhe
University and Michael Stoll of Munich University, both in Germany.
It mostly supports the Lisp described in the ANSI Common Lisp standard.
It runs on most GNU and Unix systems (GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
Solaris, Tru64, HP-UX, BeOS, NeXTstep, IRIX, AIX and others) and on
other systems (Windows NT/2000/XP, Windows 95/98/ME) and needs only
4 MB of RAM.
It is Free Software and may be distributed under the terms of GNU GPL,
while it is possible to distribute commercial proprietary applications
compiled with GNU CLISP.
The user interface comes in English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch,
Russian and Danish, and can be changed at run time.
GNU CLISP includes an interpreter, a compiler, a debugger, CLOS, MOP,
a foreign language interface, sockets, i18n, fast bignums and more.
An X11 interface is available through CLX, Garnet, CLUE/CLIO.
GNU CLISP runs Maxima, ACL2 and many other Common Lisp packages.

More information at
  <http://clisp.cons.org/>,
  <http://www.clisp.org/>,
  <http://www.gnu.org/software/clisp/> and
  <http://clisp.sourceforge.net/>.
Sources and selected binaries are available by anonymous ftp from
  <ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/clisp/>
and its mirrors.

2.38 (2006-01-24)
=================

User visible changes
--------------------

* SAVEINITMEM can create standalone executables.
  Thanks to Frank Buß <[email-masked]> for the idea.
  SAVEINITMEM also accepts :NORC argument do disable RC-file loading.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/image.html> for details.

* POSIX:SYSLOG no longer recognizes "%m" and other formatting instructions.
  For your safety and security, please do all formatting in Lisp.

* Fixed the OPEN :IF-EXISTS :APPEND bug introduced in 2.37.

* Fixed a crash on woe32 in opening files with names longer than MAX_PATH.

* Module berkeley-db now supports Berkeley DB 4.4.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
http://truepeace.org http://www.camera.org http://www.palestinefacts.org
http://www.mideasttruth.com http://www.memri.org http://ffii.org
UNIX is as friendly to you as you are to it. Windows is hostile no matter what.