Subject: [clisp-announce] GNU CLISP 2.32 released

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Dec 31 07:02:01 2003

Release 2.32 (2003-12-29) fixes many bugs 
and adds some new features; NEWS appended.
More information on <http://clisp.cons.org>.
Download CLISP 2.32 from <http://sf.net/clisp>.

2.32 (2003-12-29)
=================

User visible changes
--------------------

* WRITE-BYTE-SEQUENCE now accepts :NO-HANG keyword argument.
  Thanks to Don Cohen <[email-masked]>.

* Support files larger than 2 GB or 4 GB on platforms with LFS
  (Large File Support).

* New module berkeley-db interfaces to
  <http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/api_c/dbt_class.html>
  and allows working the Berkeley DB databases.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes.html#berkeley-db> for details.

* New module pcre interfaces to <http://www.pcre.org/> and
  makes Perl Compatible Regular Expressions available in CLISP.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes.html#pcre> for details.

* Module syscalls now exports function POSIX:STAT-VFS.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes.html#syscalls> for details.

* When the system C library provides a wildcard (fnmatch) implementation,
  it is used instead of the GNU wildcard distributed with CLISP
  when the CLISP wildcard module is built.

* Prompt is now fully customizable by the user.
  CUSTOM:*PROMPT* is replaced with 5 variables.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes.html#prompt> for details.

* Readline is now used properly on Cygwin/X11.

* Command line interface: the initial verbosity level is controlled
  by the pair of mutually canceling options -q/-v.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/clisp.html#opt-verbose> for details.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>