Subject: [clisp-list] clisp broken on Woody

From: Michael Koehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jun 13 15:25:13 2004

Moin Guru's,

  I did a cvs update today (and a fresh checkout soon thereafter) - but
  I can not `make config.lisp` on my Debian/Woody box. I'm sure it worked
  some time ago, because I have a clisp 2.30.1 in /usr/local/ from last year.

/home/kraehe/lisp/clisp-bakunin/src/autoconf/aclocal.m4:633: error: Autoconf version 2.57 or higher is required
/home/kraehe/lisp/clisp-bakunin/src/autoconf/aclocal.m4:633: the top lev

  The same cvs checkout builds fine on my Debian/Sarge box, but my Sarge
  box is not yet ready for release, as Linux 2.6.6 crashes twice a week,
  if doing nothing. A real improvement over 2.6.1 which crashed twice a
  day, when performing filesystem operations like `find`, `rsync` or
  (directory P#"/**/.lisp")
  
  I read the note :

# This file should be simplified after Autoconf 2.57 is required.

  but Debian stable ships autoconf 2.53 - to remove autoconf and to replace
  it with a hand compiled binary might ruin the complete Debian development
  system. So clisp is broken on Debian stable, currently ;( would be nice,
  if AC_PREREQ(2.53) would be enough - even if the not looks, as if clisp
  is broken by purpose ;)

Bye Michael
-- 
  mailto:[email-masked]             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.22'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jun 13 17:20:54 2004

> * Michael Koehne <[email-masked]> [2004-06-14 00:24:38 +0200]:
>

this is not enough information - what target is being made?
you do not need autoconf at all, just touch(1) the target.
e.g.,

$ touch ../src/VERSION

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Computers are like air conditioners: they don't work with open windows!