Subject: [clisp-list] Batch file bug report

From: "T. Kriewall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Feb 22 21:38:01 2004

I think this falls under 'bug report', although it's pretty minor.  It
would be nice if the install.bat file were functional as you download it
from Sourceforge.  Once I figured out that I actually had to *run* the
batch file (as opposed to just executing lisp.exe and having it work
properly), it was unable to execute until I fixed the following problems:

1. The pipe symbols (|) used to form the pretty banner at the head of the
batch file actually act as pipes and cause the batch file to halt.

2. Half the slashes used as subdirectory delimiters are back slashes
(correct) and the other half are forward slashes (incorrect).

The same sorts of problems crop up in the clisp.bat file.  Both look and
function like hasty ports from a unix system.  Nothing that can't be
quickly fixed, but mildly annoying and perhaps a preview of what's to
come?

Hope not.

Tom K.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Feb 23 06:22:09 2004

> * T. Kriewall <[email-masked]> [2004-02-22 21:29:49 -0800]:
>
> 1. The pipe symbols (|) used to form the pretty banner at the head of
> the batch file actually act as pipes and cause the batch file to halt.
>

fixed in the cvs

> The same sorts of problems crop up in the clisp.bat file.

clisp.bat works though, right?

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

---

From: "T. Kriewall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Feb 23 06:43:09 2004

clisp.bat worked once I fixed the slashes and corrected the directory
associated with lispinit.mem.  There might have been other changes but I
don't recall them.

> > (correct) and the other half are forward slashes (incorrect).

Sorry, what is the cvs?

Tom

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Feb 23 07:17:03 2004

> * T. Kriewall <[email-masked]> [2004-02-23 06:34:40 -0800]:
>
> associated with lispinit.mem.

The command part has #\\.
The arguments have #\/ and that should be OK.
Are you sure you _had_ to make the change?

> Sorry, what is the cvs?

<http://www.cvshome.org>

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Linux - find out what you've been missing while you've been rebooting Windows.

---

From: "T. Kriewall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Feb 23 07:31:03 2004

Not sure of anything.  All I know is the batch file wouldn't execute until
I made the changes, but exactly what I did or what was absolutely
necessary I don't recall.  If it works fine on all other computers, then
it was prolly just a fluke.

> Are you sure you _had_ to make the change?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas Kriewall				        UW Mechanical Engineering
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
What passes for woman's intuition is often nothing more than man's
transparency.

					- George Jean Nathan, 1882-1958
-----------------------------------------------------------------
That's the random quote for the day. Tune in again for another.