Subject: [clisp-list] Maxima on CLISP under Darwin

From: "Lizardo H. C. M. Nunes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 00:59:29 -0300

Hi,

I'm running clisp 2.25.1 on Darwin 1.3.7 (Mac OS 10.0.4).

Now I'm trying to port Maxima using CLISP, since GCL have been being hard to
build. I know some of you already did it. I'm a newbie and need some
directions here.

Would somebody please could be kind enough to give me some instructions,
kind of a recipe, or even a starting point?

So far I did
cd src
make clisp-compile CLISP=clisp

I got a couple of warning and no errors, but Maxima isn't working. That's
what I get retrying "make":
; Loading file macsys.fas ...
;; Loading of file macsys.fas is finished.
;; Loading file mload.fas ...
;; Loading of file mload.fas is finished.
;; Loading file suprv1.fas ...
*** - READ from #<BUFFERED FILE-STREAM CHARACTER #P"suprv1.fas" @36>: there
is no character bit with name "NO"
Bye.

I'd relly appreciate any tip.
Thanks a lot,
Lizardo.
--

---

From: Virgil <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:50:38 -0700 (PDT)

> kind of a recipe, or even a starting point?

I am interested in the related project of running Maxima on a PowerPC
Macintosh operating under LinuxPPC 2000Q4.

I already have installed CLISP and it appears to be running well.

I would prefer to find a ppp.rpm file of Maxima 5.6, but it appears
that no one has made it available on the web.

In any case, if anyone has successfully installed Maxima 5.6 on
LinuxPPC (or another distribution for the PPC chip), and is willing to
provide advise or guidelines, please let me know. Please, reply to my
e-mail. I'll send a summary of my experience to the list later on.

Thanks in advance.

__Virgil

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/