Subject: Re: [clisp-list] Q:problem with run-programm in Win32 (:indirectp documentation..)

From: lin8080 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Feb 21 11:35:06 2002

Hallo

> BTW, there's some unrelated bug showing, and some lack of documentation:

>> lin8080 [Stefan] reports:
>> [1]>  (shell "dir")
>> [pathname.d:11395]
>> *** - Win32 error 2 (ERROR_FILE_NIT_FOUND): The system cannot find the
                                  ^^^ is that really copy&paste??

This is my typo. I am sorry for that. The copy and past did not work out
of the DOS-box. And still I do not look for a way to something like
~(save-to-file "output.txt"). So I typed the messages into the
E-Mail-text-window. (see error-typo in line [7]). the _NIT should be
_NOT.

Later on I tried some more. When (execute "editor.exe") is run, the
CLisp-Dosbox shows a single "_" (not blinking) until the Programm
editor.exe is close / finished. Then the CLisp-dosbox shows the cursor
in a normal new line like "[9]> _".

I also tried some different ways :

(execute "clisp.bat" (execute "editor.exe")) ; for example. 

 Should open a new CLisp-dosbox and run there the editor.exe, so I
thought. But this did not work. The editor was opened and after closing
the editor.exe, I saw the error 

*** - A file with name T does not exist 

followed by T in a new line and the usual prompt in the next line. 

 I guess it is the MS Command.com, who says "take first *.exe, then
*.com, then *.bat, else print error", but also it is possible last
return-value from CLisp.

 Now I copied the file "clisp.bat" to "T" and start again (same
session). (The file-manager shows the new file T). But I get another
error: 

*** - EVAL: variable @ECHO has no value 

 For this I do not know, what happened, but assume, that CLisp is asking
whether there is always a valid dosbox opened.

 When I change the commands to (write first the exe and last the bat):

(execute "editor.exe" (execute "clisp.bat"))

this will open a new CLisp-session in the existing dosbox, or better say
restart the CLisp program (line-number start with [1]) and no editor.exe
was executed). So I did this:

((execute "clisp.bat")(execute "editor.exe"))

 and I see an blinking cursor in a new line "_" and nothing more
happend, but windows says close this. I typed in "ctrl + c" and saw
this:

*** - handle_fault error2 ! address = 0x41C87000 not in
[0x1A430000,0x1A4D3468)!
*** - handle_fault error2 ! address = 0x41c782B0 not in
[0x1A430000,0x1A4D3468)!
*** - handle_fault error2 ! address = 0x41C80170 not in
[0x1A430000,0x1A4d3468)!
!*** -
*** - handle_fault error2 ! address = 0x41C789F8 not in
[0x1A430000,0x1A4D3468)!SYSTEM::STRING-READER: Ctrl-C: User break
SIGSEGV cannot be cured. Fault address = 0x41C87000.
SIGSEGV cannot be cured. Fault address = 0x41C782B0.
SIGSEGV cannot be cured. Fault address = 0x41C80170.
SIGSEGV cannot be cured. Fault address = 0x41C789F8.

1. Break [5]>_

 The CLisp cursor is blinking in his dosbox, but windows means: This
program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.
[close].

 Ignoring this, a backtrace shows: -NIL. And the CLisp-dosbox seems to
work normal. But I closed it with exit and I saw the normal Bye., a "T"
in a new line and the cursor with [2]>_ .

 A 2nd (exit) does open the editor.exe and in the editor I saw the
content of the file T (the copy of clisp.bat). I closed the editor and
give the 3rd (exit), it prints the bye. and opend again the editor. I
repeat the procedure and get wondering (all execute commands are done,
not only the last / newest). The 4th (exit), thats it. Then I clicked on
the win-error close and wrote a notice on a paper.

 Now next day I repeat the typings in this mail and it is the same
(except the memory-values).

Is there something else to test ? When I find time, I take a look at the
Hyperspec about the execute-command, to see the :words and some more
infos. Also looking for a way, to see the content of that ~execute-list.

stefan