Subject: [clisp-list] CLISP, UFFI and SDL

From: "Luke J Crook" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 3 17:06:13 2002

I apologize if this has been asked before, but the clisp-list archive lacks
a search function.

I have been looking at SDL (Simple Directmedia Layer
http://www.libsdl.org/ ) and noticed that someone is building bindings to
the SDL library for LISP. SDL provides portable (Windows, Linux etc.) low
level access to a video framebuffer, audio output, mouse, and keyboard (and
TCP/IP sockets). Which is nice as you can get accelerated 3D graphics using
OpenGL out of the box.

The LISP bindings (CL-SDL, http://cl-sdl.sourceforge.net/ ) currently only
support CMUCL however there is talk by the developers on the CL-SDL mailing
list to change the code to support UFFI http://uffi.med-info.com/ , which in
turn supports Allegro, Lispworks and CMUCL.

So I was wondering if the developers of CLISP have looked into supporting
UFFI ?

-Luke

---

From: Reini Urban <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 4 03:26:15 2002

> So I was wondering if the developers of CLISP have looked into supporting

yes, currently joerg is doing that. there's a lot of work and even more a lot 
of design questions (of political nature) to solve. but thanksfully joerg has
free 
hands on this.

The UFFI needs some low-level c-side support for CLISP, 
and the dynamic CLISP FFI should also be doable. (truly a shame)

See the mailinglists [email-masked] and [email-masked]
* http://www.b9.com/mailman/listinfo/uffi-users
* http://www.b9.com/mailman/listinfo/uffi-devel
-- 
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/