Subject: [clisp-list] header file compatibility

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Oct 8 07:56:12 2003

The recent switch in new-clx from lispbibl.c to clisp.h uncovered a bug
in clisp.h (fixed now, thanks to Barry Fishman for much testing).

Is it possible to somehow automatically check for header file
compatibility?

E.g.,

---------------------------------------
#include "clisp.h"
#include "lispbibl.h"

int main (int argc, char* argv[]) { return 0; }
---------------------------------------

cannot be compiled:
lispbibl.h:1: error: redefinition of `SBYTE'
clisp.h:213: error: `SBYTE' previously declared here

(although both define SBYTE identically as "typedef char SBYTE").

It is possible to grep clisp.h for typedefs and compute their sizeof()
&c...  Other ideas?

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
(lisp programmers do it better)