Subject: [clisp-list] How do I supress method redefinition warnings?

From: Mark Paskin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 2 13:32:37 2003

Hello,

Is there a way to supress method definition warnings
in CLISP?  In Allegro CL there is a variable
EXCL:*REDEFINITION-WARNINGS* but I cannot find it in
CLISP.  Thanks for any help.

  Mark

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
http://search.yahoo.com

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 2 13:49:18 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] How do I supress method redefinition warnings?"
> * Sent on Fri, 2 May 2003 13:31:03 -0700 (PDT)
> * Honorable Mark Paskin <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Is there a way to supress method definition warnings in CLISP? 

(without-package-lock ("CLOS")
  (setq clos::*warn-if-gf-already-called* nil
        clos::*gf-warn-on-replacing-method* nil))

(see also <http://clocc.sourceforge.net/clocc/clocc.lisp>)

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat9 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
In C you can make mistakes, while in C++ you can also inherit them!