Subject: [clisp-list] CLX demos?

From: Alexandros Diamantidis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Aug 19 03:42:03 2002

Hello,

I'm having trouble running the CLX demos from clisp 2.29... Here's what
I did:

$ cd clisp-2.29/modules/clx/new-clx/demos/
$ clisp -K full
[1]> (load "clx-demos.lisp")

;; Loading file clx-demos.lisp ...
*** - READ from #<INPUT BUFFERED FILE-STREAM CHARACTER #P"clx-demos.lisp" @34>:
#<PACKAGE XLIB> has no external symbol with name "OPEN-DISPLAY"
1. Break CLX-DEMOS[2]> 

Did I do something wrong or is there some other problem?

Here's how I configured clisp:

./makemake  --prefix=/opt/clisp --with-readline --with-gettext
        --with-dynamic-ffi --with-dynamic-modules
        --with-export-syscalls --with-module=wildcard
        --with-module=regexp --with-module=bindings/linuxlibc6
        --with-module=clx/new-clx > Makefile

Thanks in advance for any help.

-- 
Alexandros Diamantidis * [email-masked]

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Aug 19 06:28:05 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] CLX demos?"
> * Sent on Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:41:16 +0300
> * Honorable Alexandros Diamantidis <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> I'm having trouble running the CLX demos from clisp 2.29... Here's
> what I did:
> 

weird - the demos work for me just fine.
did you do 'make install'?
what does

$ clisp -K full --version

say?

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.3 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

---

From: Alexandros Diamantidis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Aug 20 00:33:02 2002

> did you do 'make install'?

I'm sorry, it was a local problem after all. I remembered that while I
was building clisp, I had found it stopped at a clisp prompt (probably
with some error message). I just ignored it and pressed C-d, and the build
seemed to finish without other problems. Afterwards, I did "make
install". That was the installation that didn't work.

I tried deleting everything, unpacking the clisp distribution anew, and
rebuilding. This time the build didn't have any problems, and the demos
work fine now.

Unfortunately I don't know what I did differently last time to cause
this...