Subject: [clisp-list] clisp crashing on disassemble

From: Elvin Peterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 24 06:13:04 2004

Hello, 

clisp crashes when disassemble commands are run on
some functions  after hanging for a while.

[39]> (disassemble #'mod)
lisp.exe: No such file or directory.

I am dumped back on the bash prompt after this.  I am
using clisp on cygwin in win2k.

$ clisp --version
GNU CLISP 2.33 (2004-03-17) (built on winsteingoldlap
[10.0.19.22])
Software: GNU C 3.3.1 (cygming special) ANSI C program

TIA.

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - 50x more storage than other providers!
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 24 08:17:00 2004

> * Elvin Peterson <[email-masked]> [2004-06-23 10:44:43 -0700]:
>

these are built-in functions written in C.  disassembling them requires
attaching a debugger to the running CLISP process.  detaching kills the
process on w2k and earlier (it is alleged that it does not kill it on xp).

> GNU CLISP 2.33 (2004-03-17)

fixed in 2.33.1.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Growing Old is Inevitable; Growing Up is Optional.

---

From: Elvin Peterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 24 11:32:00 2004

> > * Elvin Peterson <[email-masked]>

Thank you!  I haven't updated Cygwin in a while (tired
of all the stuff breaking during upgrade), but I see
that it is in the latest setup .

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com