Subject: [clisp-list] Working: IA64 and AXP

From: "Dr. Werner Fink" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 1 03:21:02 2004

Hi,

      I've done some changes to get clisp 2.33.2 working on IA64 and AXP.
The patch in the first attachment changes the ffcall to get it work
with IA64.  The patch in the second attachment implements the possiblity
to use --libdir at configure to get /usr/lib64 as libdir as mentioned
in the FHS and the patch also gives the possiblity to set MYCFLAGS for
_all_ compiles because for IA64 and AXP the MYCFLAGS has to be set to

   -DNO_MULTIMAP_SHM -DNO_MULTIMAP_FILE -DNO_SINGLEMAP -DNO_TRIVIALMAP

or otherwise some function calls will fail due wrong return values.
E.g. qix.lisp in the new-clx demos fails.

Now only s390x aka the 64bit version of s390 is missed in the list of
clisp compiles.

        Werner

-- 
 Dr. Werner Fink,   SuSE LINUX AG,  Maxfeldstrasse 5,  D-90409 Nuernberg
 Germany http://www.suse.de/ and USA http://www.suse.com/
 mail:[email-masked]   http://www.suse.de/~werner/   fax:+49-911-3206727
------------------------------------------------------------------------
  "Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having
          a peeing section in a swimming pool." -- Edward Burr

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 1 05:57:07 2004

> * Dr. Werner Fink <[email-masked]> [2004-07-01 12:20:02 +0200]:
>
> with IA64.  The patch in the second attachment implements the
> possiblity to use --libdir at configure to get /usr/lib64 as libdir as
> mentioned in the FHS and the patch also gives the possiblity to set
> MYCFLAGS for _all_ compiles because for IA64 and AXP the MYCFLAGS has
> to be set to
>

great!  could you please send us the URL of your patches?
If they are small you can just append them to your message.
(If you insist on using attachments, please send them directly to Bruno)

Thanks!

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
nobody's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session

---

From: "Dr. Werner Fink" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 1 06:43:04 2004

> (If you insist on using attachments, please send them directly to Bruno)

I've send a second message with the two patches enclosed as normal
text.  You'll find thme between the cutmarks `snip' and `snap' ;^)

Btw: What's wrong on attachments? Don't tell me that some virus are
send as attachments ... broken mailer which automatically expands
attachments shouldnt' be used anymore.

         Werner

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 1 07:06:17 2004

> * Dr. Werner Fink <[email-masked]> [2004-07-01 15:42:28 +0200]:
>
> Btw: What's wrong on attachments?

lot's of spam uses it.
<http://clisp.cons.org/faq.html#rejected>

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Let us remember that ours is a nation of lawyers and order.