Subject: [clisp-list] Can I connect to a local socket?

From: Charlie Burrows <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Sep 15 08:25:12 2003

Hi,
	I've got a local socket server in C and I'm trying to get my clisp to 
connect to it but as it's a local socket it doesn't seem to have a port 
number so I can't use (socket:socket-connect).
	I have also tried to open the socket file as a file with:

(with-open-file (sock (merge-pathnames (user-home-pathname) "test"))
	:direction :output
	:element-type 'character)
	(loop for i from - to 100
		do (write-char #\A)))

but I get "UNIX error 6 (ENXIO): no such device or address" presumably 
because the socket is not a "proper" file.
The socket file is called test and in the expected place.

Can anyone tell me the correct approach?

The C code for the server is from 
http://www.advancedlinuxprogramming.com/listings/chapter-5/socket-server.c 
and all it does it listen, echo and quit on command.

Thanks
Charlie