Subject: [clisp-list] [conformity bug] documentation of package

From: Pascal Bourguignon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Aug 21 22:24:23 2003

[22]> (documentation (find-package :package) t)
*** - DOCUMENTATION: first argument #<PACKAGE COM.INFORMATIMAGO.COMMON-LISP.PACKAGE> is illegal, not a symbol

However, 
http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Body/stagenfun_doc_umentationcp.html#documentation
indicates for packages:

    Packages:

    documentation (x package) (doc-type (eql 't))

    (setf documentation) new-value (x package) (doc-type (eql 't))

-- 
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Aug 22 14:13:19 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[conformity bug] documentation of package"
> * Sent on Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:52:56 +0200 (CEST)
> * Honorable Pascal Bourguignon <[email-masked]> writes:
>

fixed in the CVS

PS.  please do not cross-post to both clisp-list and clisp-devel.
think hard who your audience are and address correctly.  thanks.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Lisp: it's here to save your butt.