Subject: [clisp-list] Clisp 2.29 segmentation fault on OSX after 120 recursions

From: Frank Sonnemans <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 4 16:32:02 2003

I have a somewhat puzzling problem with CLISP 2.29 (installed using 
FINK) on Mac OSX.

My first test function (fact) gives a segmentation fault after about 
120 recursions. (fact 100) works, but (fact 120) gives a seg. fault.

I tried setting the memory limit higher to 200MB, but the problem 
remained. Even on the default 2 MB stack I am surprised that it would 
crash so quickly. Does anyone know the cause / solution of/to this 
problem.

Thanks,

Frank

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 19 07:14:09 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] Clisp 2.29 segmentation fault on OSX after 120 recursions"
> * Sent on Sat, 5 Apr 2003 02:31:43 +0200
> * Honorable Frank Sonnemans <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> My first test function (fact) gives a segmentation fault after about 120
> recursions. (fact 100) works, but (fact 120) gives a seg. fault.
> 

try rebuilding it with libsigsegv.
see <http://clisp.cons.org/faq.html#stack>

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat8 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.