Subject: [clisp-list] Pretty printing and with-standard-io-syntax interaction

From: "Steven E. Harris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 12 11:07:03 2004

The macro with-standard-io-syntax disables pretty-printing by setting
*print-pretty* to nil, but should it still be possible to do pretty
printing within a with-standard-io-syntax form?

Consider:

,----[ "2.32 (2003-12-29) (built on winsteingoldlap [10.0.19.22])" ]
| [1]> (with-standard-io-syntax
|          (let ((*print-pretty* t))
|            (pprint-linear nil (list 'a 'b 'c))))
| 
| *** -  PRINT: the value of  SYSTEM::*PRINT-CIRCLE-TABLE* has been arbitrarily altered
| *** - UNIX error  13. (EACCES): Permission denied
| Break  1. [ 2]>
`----

I tried the same example on SBCL and it worked fine. It seems that any
kind of pretty-printing I try within with-standard-io-syntax with
CLISP (Cygwin, Windows XP) fails with the error shown above.

Is this a known problem? Or is the problem with my code?

-- 
Steven E. Harris

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 19 09:40:27 2004

> * Steven E. Harris <[email-masked]> [2004-03-12 10:47:47 -0800]:
>

Thanks - this has been fixed in the CVS.
Unfortunately, it was too late to include the fix in 2.33,
but it will be available in 2.34.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Apathy Club meeting this Friday.  If you want to come, you're not invited.

---

From: "Steven E. Harris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 19 10:16:04 2004

> Thanks - this has been fixed in the CVS.

Great. I thought this report had been overlooked, or that I was just
doing something unspeakably wrong.

> Unfortunately, it was too late to include the fix in 2.33, but it
> will be available in 2.34.

No problem. Whenever 2.34 arrives, it will be soon enough.

-- 
Steven E. Harris        :: [email-masked]
Raytheon                :: http://www.raytheon.com