Subject: [clisp-list] make testsuite fail in 2.32

From: Jan Pawel Woronczak <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Feb 14 13:33:02 2004

Hello!

Trying to compile clisp 2.32 (on Slackware Linux 8.0, with gcc 2.95 and
glibc 2.2.3), I've encountered a following problem:

after (finally) successful configuration/compilation (many warnings about
void pointers used in arithmetics and (ab)using of registers by more
global variables) 'make test' succeedes, but 'make testsuite' fails in the
middle of exceptsit.tst, particularly on: (print 1 2) i.e. line 875, with
output:

*** - handle_fault error1 ! address = 0x10a not in [0x20210000,0x2031efe8)
SIGSEGV cannot be cured. Fault address = 0x10a

Trying to feed newly-compiled clisp 2.32 with (print 1 2) leads to similar
fault (only upper address in different).

Trying (print 1 2) on clisp 2.30 compiled earlier on the same Linux leads
to error message only.

With regards

	Jan Pawel Woronczak
	Wroclaw, Poland

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Feb 14 17:36:00 2004

> * Jan Pawel Woronczak <[email-masked]> [2004-02-14 23:55:34 +0100]:
>
> Trying to compile clisp 2.32 (on Slackware Linux 8.0, with gcc 2.95
> and glibc 2.2.3), I've encountered a following problem:
>

this is a known problem with this gcc version.
Please upgrade to gcc 3

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Lottery is a tax on statistics ignorants.  MS is a tax on computer-idiots.