Subject: [clisp-list] GUI library under windows?

From: Dennis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 11:01:09 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

Is there currently some kind of gui library for clisp on M$ windows
systems? The sourceforge page mentions wxWindows bindings being a task but
doesn't have any status info.

-- 
---
Dennis Sacks
[email-masked]

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 May 2001 16:15:07 -0400

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] GUI library under windows?"
> * Sent on Tue, 15 May 2001 11:01:09 -0700 (MST)
> * Honorable Dennis <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> systems? The sourceforge page mentions wxWindows bindings being a task
> but doesn't have any status info.

would you like to work on this?

the portable way to do GUI is to interface with an html browser.
CLISP inspector works that way.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
Read what the Arab leaders say to their people on <http://www.memri.org/>
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

---

From: Dennis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 16:45:32 -0700 (MST)

> would you like to work on this?

Although I wouldn't mind helping out, I don't think I've got enough
experience to pull it off. Has someone planned out how wxWindows would map
into CLISP?

> CLISP inspector works that way.

I'll take a look at that. Thanks.

-- 
---
Dennis Sacks
[email-masked]

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 May 2001 10:52:28 -0400

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "Re: [clisp-list] GUI library under windows?"
> * Sent on Tue, 15 May 2001 16:45:32 -0700 (MST)
> experience to pull it off. Has someone planned out how wxWindows would
> map into CLISP?

please look at http://wxpython.org/
the issue is time and will, not experience.
If you have time and will, get wxwin, wxpy, look at the code,
subscribe to clisp-devel and ask questions there...

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
Read what the Arab leaders say to their people on <http://www.memri.org/>
Those who can laugh at themselves will never cease to be amused.

---

From: Dennis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 00:05:19 -0700 (MST)

> subscribe to clisp-devel and ask questions there...

Ok, I'm starting to look at wxpy.

-- 
---
Dennis Sacks
[email-masked]

---

From: Dennis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 16:29:31 -0700 (MST)

> CLISP inspector works that way.

Is there some documentation on how to use the CLISP inspector?

-- 
---
Dennis Sacks
[email-masked]

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 May 2001 10:09:45 -0400

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] inspector with html browser"
> * Sent on Tue, 29 May 2001 16:29:31 -0700 (MST)

see the impnotes for all the documentation we have.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
Read what the Arab leaders say to their people on <http://www.memri.org/>
Trespassers will be shot.  Survivors will be SHOT AGAIN!

---

From: Peter Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:56:56 +0200

> Is there some documentation on how to use the CLISP inspector?

Hi

I can't remember where I read about it:

(inspect 'defun :frontend :http :browser :lynx)

Will interface the lynx browser with the inspect "page" for defun.
"inspect" takes two keywords :frontend - which can be :http or :tty,
(the default) and :browser which specifies which browser to use.

:browser must be in the list of browsers which is kept in the global
variable *browsers*.  If you want to use some other browser (not on
the list) then you can push it onto *browsers*.

Usually, if you can't find the documentation on something, it's
helpful to check the source in $clisp-root/src/*.lisp.  So even if
you're using one of the binaries, you should have the source handy.

Regards,
Peter