Subject: [clisp-list] Rép. : Thank you!

From: "Samuel Fierz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Aug 20 06:39:06 2003

Bonjour,

Merci pour votre message. 
J'y répondrai dès mon retour, le 25 août.

Samuel Fierz

---

From: Marco Antoniotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Aug 20 08:05:21 2003

I am getting a lot of virus infected stuff on clisp-list.

Cheers

--
Marco Antoniotti
NYU Courant Bioinformatics Group		tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488
715 Broadway 10th FL				fax. +1 - 212 - 998 3484
New York, NY, 10003, U.S.A.

---

From: Michael Koehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Aug 20 12:48:03 2003

Moin Samuel Fierz,
Moin Marco Antoniotti,

> I am getting a lot of virus infected stuff on clisp-list.

  it also looks, as if the spam program include people with prominent eMails
  as From: (e.g. me) - I'm not using Outlook (would be insane to do under
  Linux ;) - I had about 359 megabyte bounces from this virus and several
  people went offline during the last days because of viruses that cant
  be delivered, and bounced back to the faked From: address.

  My analysis so far showed that those can be traced back to a system
  at biotech.kth.se and moved recently ( Wed Aug 20 18:31:42 UTC 2003 )
  to hsc.usc.edu : 128.125.99.248 a system without reverse DNS who is
  running the SPAM.

Bye Michael
-- 
  mailto:[email-masked]             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.18'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Aug 20 12:51:04 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "Please make sure your machine is virus clean!"
> * Sent on Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:15:35 -0400
> * Honorable Marco Antoniotti <[email-masked]> writes:
>

you cannot get any viruses from clisp-list because I do not let any
attachments in.
what you have been getting is notifications that someone was forging
clisp-list as the sender of viruses.

It should be somewhat better now - I tighten the filtering a little bit.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
All generalizations are wrong.  Including this.

---

From: Marco Antoniotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Aug 20 12:51:06 2003

Well

thanks.  That somewhat helps.

Cheers

On Wednesday, Aug 20, 2003, at 14:35 America/New_York, Michael Koehne

---

From: Paolo Amoroso <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Aug 21 10:57:30 2003

>   be delivered, and bounced back to the faked From: address.

Given that such viruses spoof From: fields, automatic virus notifications
from are becoming equally obnoxious and useless.

Paolo
-- 
Paolo Amoroso <[email-masked]>

---

From: "John K. Hinsdale" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Aug 21 22:05:28 2003

> you cannot get any viruses from clisp-list because I do not let any

This is true.

 > clisp-list as the sender of viruses.

No, I am getting Emails containing the actual virus w/ the From:
address as clisp-list, clearly forged.  Came from FIT.EDU (Florida
Inst. of Technology).  It's annoying because it slips through my
filter by way of the "white list," which accepts everything From:
clisp-list regardless of content.  Just in case there is a ever a
Viagra discussion on clisp-list I won't miss it :)

 > It should be somewhat better now - I tighten the filtering a little bit.

Thanks

---

From: Pascal Bourguignon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Aug 22 12:11:15 2003

> from are becoming equally obnoxious and useless.

It's  been  so  for  a  long  time.  That's  why  I  disabled  issuing
notification outside of our organization.

-- 
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality.