Subject: [clisp-list] Speed of Clisp 2.27 on Windows using msvc/cygwin gcc

From: Karsten <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:47:55 +0200

To my surprise clisp 2.27 is way faster (75 %) built with cygwin/gcc 
compared to the distributed binary (built with msvc 6.0 ?).

Any idea why? Gcc simply compiles that better?

Karsten

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Jul 2001 19:06:01 -0400

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] Speed of Clisp 2.27 on Windows using msvc/cygwin gcc"
> * Sent on Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:47:55 +0200
> * Honorable Karsten <[email-masked]> writes:
>

is it cygwin or mingw?

> Any idea why? Gcc simply compiles that better?

how do you measure speed?

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
Read what the Arab leaders say to their people on <http://www.memri.org/>
Live Lisp and prosper.