Subject: [clisp-list] [clisp-list]what's proc for then?

From: lin8080 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 20 10:49:03 2002

Don Cohen schrieb:

> Since the IO I needed could be done with cat > and echo > I just
> have clisp use a shell to do those things.
> I consider this to be an acceptable solution, though not ideal.
> It's still worth while to use clisp to do everything else that has
> to figure out what IO to do by these other means.
> I have no idea whether my proc files would work with Python, Perl,
> etc.

I found this on my win-clisp 2.28:

[5]> (symbolp 'proc)
T
[6]> (describe 'proc)

PROC is the symbol PROC, lies in #<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP-USER>, is
accessible in
the package COMMON-LISP-USER.

 #<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP-USER> is the package named COMMON-LISP-USER. It
has
 the nicknames CL-USER, USER.
 It imports the external symbols of the packages COMMON-LISP, EXT and
exports
 no symbols, but no package uses these exports.

[7]> (apropos 'proc)
SYSTEM::%PROCLAIM-CONSTANT                 function
/PROC
SYSTEM::C-PROCLAIM                         function
SYSTEM::C-PROCLAIM-CONSTANT                function
PROC
SYSTEM::PROCESS-DECLARATIONS               function
SYSTEM::PROCESS-FIXED-VAR-LIST             function
SYSTEM::PROCESS-MOVABLE-VAR-LIST           function
PROCLAIM                                   function
SYSTEM::PROCLAIMED-SPECIAL-P               function

[8]> patience

*** - EVAL: variable PATIENCE has no value
1. Break [18]> (exit)
bye.

stefan

when it is a short-form of (proclaim) then this should work: (HyperSpec)

...
The next figure shows a list of declaration identifiers that can be used
with proclaim. (;; the proc, /proc here?)

declaration  inline     optimize  type  
ftype        notinline  special 

I find nothing about the PROCESS-~; a glossary line:

process v.t. (a form by the compiler) to perform minimal compilation,
determining the time of evaluation for a form, and possibly evaluating
that form (if required).