Subject: [clisp-list] Re: clisp-2.32 vs. asdf.lisp

From: Joe Corneli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 1 20:25:19 2004

I couldn't get your link to load properly. So I hunted around a
little.

If you meant the posts from Tue, 13 Jan 2004 about loading asdf.fas
instead of asdf.lisp, that didn't work for me (perhaps because I'm
upgrading from clisp 2.29).

[1]> (load "/usr/local/src/asdf/asdf.fas")

*** - LOAD: compiled file #P"/usr/local/src/asdf/asdf.fas" has an older version marker

My interim solution was to just reinstall clisp 2.29 and use it when
I need to use asdf.

---

From: "Steven E. Harris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 2 10:15:21 2004

Joe Corneli <[email-masked]> writes:

> I couldn't get your link to load properly.

Weird. I just tried that URL again it works fine here.

> upgrading from clisp 2.29).

Yes, that's the thread. I'm using clisp 2.32 on Cygwin and Edi
asdf.fas works fine. You say you're upgrading from clisp 2.29, but not
/to what/. Are you trying to use clisp 2.32?

> *** - LOAD: compiled file #P"/usr/local/src/asdf/asdf.fas" has an

I don't see that result here:

,----
| $ clisp -q
| ;; Loading file /home/sharr/.clisprc.fas ...
| ;;  Loading file /usr/local/lib/common-lisp/asdf/asdf.fas ...
| ;;  Loaded file /usr/local/lib/common-lisp/asdf/asdf.fas
| ;; Loaded file /home/sharr/.clisprc.fas
| [1]> (lisp-implementation-version)
| "2.32 (2003-12-29) (built on winsteingoldlap [10.0.19.22])"
`----

> My interim solution was to just reinstall clisp 2.29 and use it when

That's a shame. Perhaps someone else here can comment on this "older
version marker" situation.

-- 
Steven E. Harris        :: [email-masked]
Raytheon                :: http://www.raytheon.com