Subject: [clisp-list] build problem 2.31

From: [email-masked] (Don Cohen)
Date: Mon Sep 15 12:09:05 2003

This is on an old linux, but I do have 2.27 running on it.
I seem not to have done the build on this machine for 2.27.
The reason I'm trying to build .31 here is that the rpm failed
dependencies (lots of 'em).  Here's the transcript from where
the warnings seem to grow thick.
  
...
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/d/clisp/clisp-2.31/src/libcharset'
  gcc -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
  -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations -DUNICODE
  -DDYNAMIC_FFI -DNO_GETTEXT -DNO_SIGSEGV -I. -c spvw.c
  In file included from unix.d:35,
		   from lispbibl.d:1772,
		   from spvw.d:22:
  /usr/include/string.h:38: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:60: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcmp'
  /usr/include/string.h:67: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:77: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcmp'
  In file included from spvw.d:22:
  lispbibl.d:7506: warning: register used for two global register
  variables
  spvw.d: In function `main':
  spvw.d:1719: warning: variable `argv_memneed' might be clobbered by
  `longjmp' or `vfork'
  ./comment5 spvwtabf.d | ./ansidecl | ./varbrace > spvwtabf.c
  gcc -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
  -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations -DUNICODE
  -DDYNAMIC_FFI -DNO_GETTEXT -DNO_SIGSEGV -I. -c spvwtabf.c
  In file included from unix.d:35,
		   from lispbibl.d:1772,
		   from spvwtabf.d:5:
  /usr/include/string.h:38: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:60: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcmp'
  /usr/include/string.h:67: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:77: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcmp'
  In file included from spvwtabf.d:5:
  lispbibl.d:7506: warning: register used for two global register
  variables
  ./comment5 spvwtabs.d | ./ansidecl | ./varbrace > spvwtabs.c
  gcc -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
  -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations -DUNICODE
  -DDYNAMIC_FFI -DNO_GETTEXT -DNO_SIGSEGV -I. -c spvwtabs.c
  In file included from unix.d:35,
		   from lispbibl.d:1772,
		   from spvwtabs.d:7:
  /usr/include/string.h:38: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:60: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcmp'
  /usr/include/string.h:67: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:77: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcmp'
  In file included from spvwtabs.d:7:
  lispbibl.d:7506: warning: register used for two global register
  variables
  ./comment5 spvwtabo.d | ./ansidecl | ./varbrace > spvwtabo.c
  gcc -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
  -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations -DUNICODE
  -DDYNAMIC_FFI -DNO_GETTEXT -DNO_SIGSEGV -I. -c spvwtabo.c
  In file included from unix.d:35,
		   from lispbibl.d:1772,
		   from spvwtabo.d:5:
  /usr/include/string.h:38: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:60: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcmp'
  /usr/include/string.h:67: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:77: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcmp'
  In file included from spvwtabo.d:5:
  lispbibl.d:7506: warning: register used for two global register
  variables
  ./comment5 eval.d | ./ansidecl | ./varbrace > eval.c
  ./comment5 bytecode.d | ./ansidecl | ./varbrace > bytecode.c
  gcc -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
  -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations -DUNICODE
  -DDYNAMIC_FFI -DNO_GETTEXT -DNO_SIGSEGV -I. -c eval.c
  In file included from unix.d:35,
		   from lispbibl.d:1772,
		   from eval.d:7:
  /usr/include/string.h:38: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:60: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcmp'
  /usr/include/string.h:67: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:77: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcmp'
  In file included from eval.d:7:
  lispbibl.d:7506: warning: register used for two global register
  variables
  eval.d: In function `unwind':
  eval.d:367: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  eval.d:375: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  eval.d:410: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  eval.d: In function `reset':
  eval.d:518: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  eval.d: In function `throw_to':
  eval.d:609: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  eval.d: In function `invoke_handlers':
  eval.d:643: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  eval.d:631: warning: variable `other_ranges' might be clobbered by
  `longjmp' or `vfork'
  eval.d:634: warning: variable `FRAME' might be clobbered by `longjmp'
  or `vfork'
  eval.d:646: warning: variable `i' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or
  `vfork'
  eval.d: In function `funcall_iclosure':
  eval.d:2307: warning: argument `closure' might be clobbered by
  `longjmp' or `vfork'
  eval.d:2307: warning: argument `args_pointer' might be clobbered by
  `longjmp' or `vfork'
  eval.d:2308: warning: argument `argcount' might be clobbered by
  `longjmp' or `vfork'
  eval.d: In function `eval':
  eval.d:2796: warning: argument `form' might be clobbered by `longjmp'
  or `vfork'
  eval.d: In function `eval_no_hooks':
  eval.d:2853: warning: argument `form' might be clobbered by `longjmp'
  or `vfork'
  eval.d: In function `interpret_bytecode_':
  eval.d:7302: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  eval.d:5794: warning: variable `byteptr' might be clobbered by
  `longjmp' or `vfork'
  eval.d:5803: warning: variable `closureptr' might be clobbered by
  `longjmp' or `vfork'
  eval.d:5783: warning: argument `closure' might be clobbered by
  `longjmp' or `vfork'
  eval.d:5784: warning: argument `codeptr' might be clobbered by
  `longjmp' or `vfork'
  ./comment5 control.d | ./ansidecl | ./varbrace > control.c
  gcc -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
  -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations -DUNICODE
  -DDYNAMIC_FFI -DNO_GETTEXT -DNO_SIGSEGV -I. -c control.c
  In file included from unix.d:35,
		   from lispbibl.d:1772,
		   from control.d:8:
  /usr/include/string.h:38: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:60: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcmp'
  /usr/include/string.h:67: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:77: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcmp'
  In file included from control.d:8:
  lispbibl.d:7506: warning: register used for two global register
  variables
  control.d: In function `C_tagbody':
  control.d:1547: warning: variable `body' might be clobbered by
  `longjmp' or `vfork'
  ./comment5 encoding.d | ./ansidecl | ./varbrace > encoding.c
  gcc -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
  -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations -DUNICODE
  -DDYNAMIC_FFI -DNO_GETTEXT -DNO_SIGSEGV -I. -c encoding.c
  In file included from unix.d:35,
		   from lispbibl.d:1772,
		   from encoding.d:7:
  /usr/include/string.h:38: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:60: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcmp'
  /usr/include/string.h:67: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:77: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcmp'
  In file included from encoding.d:7:
  lispbibl.d:7506: warning: register used for two global register
  variables
  encoding.d: In function `uni16be_mbstowcs':
  encoding.d:134: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  encoding.d: In function `uni16le_mbstowcs':
  encoding.d:162: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  encoding.d: In function `uni32be_wcstombs':
  encoding.d:459: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  encoding.d: In function `uni32le_wcstombs':
  encoding.d:479: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  encoding.d: In function `nls_mbstowcs':
  encoding.d:1409: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  encoding.d: In function `nls_asciiext_mbstowcs':
  encoding.d:1464: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  encoding.d: In function `nls_range':
  encoding.d:1658: warning: `i1' might be used uninitialized in this
  function
  encoding.d:1659: warning: `i2' might be used uninitialized in this
  function
  ./comment5 pathname.d | ./ansidecl | ./varbrace > pathname.c
  gcc -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
  -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations -DUNICODE
  -DDYNAMIC_FFI -DNO_GETTEXT -DNO_SIGSEGV -I. -c pathname.c
  In file included from unix.d:35,
		   from lispbibl.d:1772,
		   from pathname.d:9:
  /usr/include/string.h:38: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:60: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcmp'
  /usr/include/string.h:67: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:77: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcmp'
  In file included from pathname.d:9:
  lispbibl.d:7506: warning: register used for two global register
  variables
  pathname.d: In function `parse_logical_word':
  pathname.d:1529: warning: `ch' might be used uninitialized in this
  function
  pathname.d: In function `C_launch':
  pathname.d:10862: warning: variable `exit_code' might be clobbered by
  `longjmp' or `vfork'
  ./comment5 stream.d | ./ansidecl | ./varbrace > stream.c
  gcc -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
  -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations -DUNICODE
  -DDYNAMIC_FFI -DNO_GETTEXT -DNO_SIGSEGV -I. -c stream.c
  In file included from unix.d:35,
		   from lispbibl.d:1772,
		   from stream.d:8:
  /usr/include/string.h:38: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:60: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `memcmp'
  /usr/include/string.h:67: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcpy'
  /usr/include/string.h:77: warning: conflicting types for built-in
  function `strcmp'
  In file included from stream.d:8:
  lispbibl.d:7506: warning: register used for two global register
  variables
  stream.d: In function `bitbuff_ixu_sub':
  stream.d:4277: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  stream.d:4288: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  stream.d: In function `bitbuff_ixs_sub':
  stream.d:4357: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  stream.d:4371: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  stream.d: In function `low_flush_buffered_handle':
  stream.d:6006: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  stream.d: In function `buffered_nextbyte':
  stream.d:6068: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  stream.d:6086: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  stream.d: In function `redisplay':
  stream.d:11785: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  stream.d: In function `clear_screen':
  stream.d:11968: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  stream.d: In function `insert_line':
  stream.d:12236: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  stream.d: In function `delete_line':
  stream.d:12320: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  stream.d: In function `C_set_window_cursor_position':
  stream.d:12860: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  stream.d:12860: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  stream.d: In function `low_flush_buffered_pipe':
  stream.d:13429: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
  stream.d: In function `C_socket_options':
  stream.d:15248: `SO_RCVLOWAT' undeclared (first use this function)
  stream.d:15248: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
  stream.d:15248: for each function it appears in.)
  stream.d:15250: `SO_SNDLOWAT' undeclared (first use this function)
  stream.d:15252: `SO_RCVTIMEO' undeclared (first use this function)
  stream.d:15254: `SO_SNDTIMEO' undeclared (first use this function)
  stream.d: In function `C_socket_stream_shutdown':
  stream.d:15358: `SHUT_RD' undeclared (first use this function)
  stream.d:15369: `SHUT_WR' undeclared (first use this function)
  make: *** [stream.o] Error 1