Subject: [clisp-list] clue+clio+xit

From: Pascal Bourguignon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Nov 25 19:35:01 2002

I'm trying to use/compile clue+clio+xit.clisp.tar.gz with clisp-2.30.

Is  there any  clue+clio+xit  more  up-to-date than  that  I found  on
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/clisp/packages/  or  the  various  mirrors  like
ftp://cvs2.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/packages ?

Because these  packages seem  very old. For  example, the  Makefile of
clue+clio+xit.clisp.tar.gz refers to a  ../../clx.mem while clx is now
"integrated" with clisp  and can be used with -K  full, and besides, I
get these errors:

[...]
Deleted file /local/src/clue+clio+xit/clue/clx-patch.fas
There were errors in the following functions:
 XLIB:CREATE-WINDOW
The following functions were used but not defined:
 XLIB::MAKE-WINDOW XLIB::ALLOCATE-RESOURCE-ID (SETF XLIB:WINDOW-ID)
 XLIB::TYPE? XLIB::X-TYPE-ERROR XLIB::ENCODE-DEVICE-EVENT-MASK
 XLIB::WITH-BUFFER-REQUEST XLIB:DISPLAY XLIB::DATA XLIB:WINDOW
 XLIB:INT16 XLIB:CARD16 XLIB:RESOURCE-ID XLIB::MASK XLIB:CARD32
The following special variables were not defined:
 XLIB::*X-CREATEWINDOW*
7 errors, 9 warnings
; Loading   clx-patch.fas
*** - A file with name clx-patch.fas does not exist
make: *** [compile-clue] Error 1
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

Compilation exited abnormally with code 2 at Tue Nov 26 04:17:45

Actually, I'm going  a little blind in there,  I corrected these lines
in the Makefile:

	clisp -q -c defsystem
-->	clisp -q -c defsystem.lsp

	clisp -M ../../clx.mem -m 5MB -q -x $(INIT)' (compile-clue)'
-->	clisp -K full -m 5MB -q -x $(INIT)' (compile-clue)'

	clisp -M ../../clx.mem -m 5MB -q -x $(INIT)' (load-clue) (saveinitmem)'
-->	clisp -K full -m 5MB -q -x $(INIT)' (load-clue) (saveinitmem)'

And added these lines to defsystem.lsp:

(in-package "USER")
(defpackage "CLUE")
(defpackage "CLUEI")

Seeing the  dates in  clisp/packages, it seems  like nothing  more has
been done in Lisp for ten years... :-(

-- 
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not
want merely because you think it would be good for him.  -- Robert Heinlein

---

From: Paolo Amoroso <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Nov 26 11:25:06 2002

> ftp://cvs2.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/packages ?

Peter Van Eynde is maintaining CLUE, CLIO and XIT as part of CLOCC:

  http://clocc.sourceforge.net

As far as I know, his code works at least under CMU CL. But it may be
easier for you to start with a more up to date source tree.

> been done in Lisp for ten years... :-(

Things in the Lisp community tend to happen behind the scenes ;-)

Paolo
-- 
EncyCMUCLopedia * Extensive collection of CMU Common Lisp documentation
http://www.paoloamoroso.it/ency/README