Subject: [clisp-list] sparc compile

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 18:00:28 -0500 (EST)

Dear mailing list:

I have been working on the problem for some more time now, without much success.
I downloaded the CVS version and tried to compile that; it compiled fine (after
an error which I'll explain in a moment) but still no joy on the segfault
problem.

I have put a bug in at your SourceForge site detailing my problems, so I'll
simply state my problem/solution pair for this small subproblem.

When I compiled, I got the error

/bin/sh ../../libiconv/libcharset/autoconf/mkinstalldirs /home/sc843/lisp/clisp-
devel/clisp/src/libiconv/src
../../libiconv/libcharset/autoconf/mkinstalldirs: ../../libiconv/libcharset/auto
conf/mkinstalldirs: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [install-lib] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sc843/lisp/clisp-devel/clisp/src/libiconv/libc
harset'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

So I had to download a mkinstalldirs off the internet (trivial) and create
libiconv/libcharset/autoconf/mkinstalldirs.

In addition, I modified libiconv/libcharset/Makefile and changed the line

srcdir = ../../../libiconv/libcharset

to

srcdir = ../../libiconv/libcharset.

Hope I could be of service. I will gladly provide the mkinstalldirs and new
Makefile to anyone who may want it.

Sincerely,

Sean Callanan