Subject: [clisp-list] Re: Fwd: Using Clisp in Windows with XEmacs

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Aug 6 06:02:05 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "Fwd: Using Clisp in Windows with XEmacs"
> * Sent on 5 Aug 2003 23:48:44 -0000
> * Honorable Paul Graham <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> --Cory Brownfield wrote:
> > Return-Path: <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > problems with Clisp, Xemacs, and Ilisp, but I don't like the idea of
> > crippled software that isn't opensource.  I know you use Clisp, but
> > it isn't cooperating well with Xemacs and Ilisp (at least for me).
> > Is there an easy way to set up a lisp environment in Windows

I use CLISP with GNU Emacs and the built-in "inferior lisp" mode.
see <http://cl-cookbook.sourceforge.net/windows.html> for more
information.

> > I've read all the manuals and information I could find, but when
> > Clisp tries to load as an inferior lisp process, it crashes.  Clisp
> > complains about several files it can't find (related to Ilisp), and
> > I think it has something to do with the Windows back-slashes in the
> > path names.

CLISP does not crash because it cannot find something.
You are probably calling the runtime (lisp.exe) without the memory
image (lispinit.mem).
`inferior-lisp-program' should be something like
"d:/gnu/clisp/lisp.exe -B d:/gnu/clisp -M d:/gnu/clisp/lispinit.mem -I"

> > I've not found any medium-sized program sources that do things like
> > file I/O, etc.  Most of what I find is small tutorial stuff with
> > contrived example code.

CL cookbook above is a good source.

please read <http://clisp.cons.org/faq.html#help> for information on
how to get help.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Your mouse has moved - WinNT has to be restarted for this to take effect.