Subject: [clisp-list] clisp 2.33.2 build error on win32 with msvc 7.0

From: Mike Teixeira <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 19 13:35:04 2004

Hello,

I am trying to build clisp 2.33.2 on a win32 machine that is running
Visual Studio .NET 2003. I am using the MFLAGS of -MT. I went through the
/win32msvc/INSTALL file to build clisp. When it has you copy the makefile
to the src directory I copied Makefile.msvc7 to the src directory. When I
run nmake on the makefile, it brings up this error:

..\utils\gcc-cccp\cccp -U__GNUC__ -+ -D_M_IX86=500 -D_WIN32 -IC:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\VC7\include -D_MSC_VER=1300
-D_INTEGRAL_MAX_BITS=64 -IC:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\VC7\PlatformSDK\include  -DUNICODE -DDYNAMIC_FFI -DNO_GETTEXT
-DNO_SIGSEGV -I. spvw.c > spvw.i.c

..\utils\gcc-cccp\cccp: Usage: ..\utils\gcc-cccp\cccp [switches] input
output
NMAKE: fatal error U1077: ..\utils\gcc-cccp\cccp' : return code '0x21'
Stop.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,
Mike

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 19 13:55:02 2004

> * Mike Teixeira <[email-masked]> [2004-07-19 13:34:27 -0700]:
>

try quoting the path that contains backslashes and spaces.
i.e., write -I"C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio"

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Whether pronounced "leenooks" or "line-uks", it's better than Windows.

---

From: Mike Teixeira <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jul 21 12:57:09 2004

Thanks, that fixed the problem.

> i.e., write -I"C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio"
Mike Teixeira						Office Phone - 541-737-2490
School of EE and CS				E-mail - [email-masked]
Oregon State University
220B Dearborn Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331