Subject: [clisp-list] Bug Report: Unable to run as script

From: Barry Fishman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 24 13:21:06 2002

CLISP build from CVS June 24, 2002  On SuSE 8.0 Linux on i686

$ clisp --version
GNU CLISP 2.28.1 (released 2002-04-04) (built 3233934545) (memory 3233934818)
Features: 
(CLOS LOOP COMPILER CLISP ANSI-CL COMMON-LISP LISP=CL INTERPRETER SOCKETS
 GENERIC-STREAMS LOGICAL-PATHNAMES SCREEN FFI GETTEXT UNICODE
 BASE-CHAR=CHARACTER PC386 UNIX)

$ uname -a
Linux ecube 2.4.18-4GB #1 Wed Mar 27 13:57:05 UTC 2002 i686 unknown

Problem:

Whenever I try to run a CLISP script I get the error:

*** - MAKE-ENCODING: illegal :CHARSET argument #P"/dev/fd/2"

For example executing the file:

#! /usr/local/bin/clisp
(print "Hello World!")

Otherwise everything seems to work OK.
-- 
Barry

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 25 06:40:05 2002

Barry,
thanks a lot for such an excellent bug report!

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] Bug Report: Unable to run as script"
> * Sent on Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:06:43 -0400
> * Honorable Barry Fishman <[email-masked]> writes:
>

just fixed in the CVS.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
"Syntactic sugar causes cancer of the semicolon."	-Alan Perlis