Subject: [clisp-list] how to find a file in a search path?

From: Christian Schuhegger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 28 07:48:11 2002

hello,

i have a question on how to find a file in a search path like:
(#P"C:\\lppeii\\obj\\fasl\\**\\" #P"C:\\lppeii\\src\\**\\" #P"C:"
#P"C:\\CLISP\\**\\")

obviously the implementation has a way to do this, because "require",
"load", "open", ... find files in the searchpath. but is there a
function that i can use like:
(locate-file "lppe-language.lisp")
->
#P"C:\\lppeii\\src\\core\\lppe-language.lisp"

many thanks for any comments!

--
Christian Schuhegger

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 28 15:58:13 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] how to find a file in a search path?"
> * Sent on Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:47:33 +0100
> * Honorable Christian Schuhegger <[email-masked]> writes:
>

what do you need this for?

clisp has sys::search-file in init.lisp - this is internal, unexported
&c, you use it at your own risk.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
Keep Jerusalem united! <http://www.onejerusalem.org/Petition.asp>
Read, think and remember! <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.