Subject: [clisp-list] Re: cygwin

From: lin8080 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 20 10:49:03 2002

Bruno Haible schrieb:

> > Now I read about another compile-method in the "gambit" docs and the
> > compiler is Watcom C/C++.

> Forget it. Don't waste your time on it. Watcom C is *crap*. There are
> many compilers that are not as good as GCC. But none is as crappy as
> Watcom C.

Thank you. 
Compiling for me is like a white paper, means till now I do this exactly
3 times (one was msvs4 - did not work, 2 were small profan-tests with a
220k runtime module which worked). 

(There (is) was also javac.exe - I used this often in 1999-2000 and
don't forget the compile-file while installing clisp) - (gcc for c vers.
2.6.3 is available (go32), is this good for work with for beginner like
me? On this CD there is also Fortran 77 vers. 95201 (f2c), but only I
overfly some readme's (and saw demacs *schauder*)) (oh, tclite, is it a
small one?). 

So you can think, what compilers are in my eyes. (big spanish cities).
But this is not the end of this story. I think it takes 3 or 5 years
till I know them (all). Meanwhile I study other lisp-dialects, this is
big subject of interest (for example I found apollo on the net, this
needs to be compiled. And I have now a P75 PC with sco-unix7 running, so
let me see... :) as there is the word: and now we come to something
completely different - learning does so good).

stefan