Subject: [clisp-list] Re: Spam on the list

From: "Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 18 06:36:09 2003

Hi,

Carlo Traverso
>The most effective way would be to allow subscribers to post
>immediately, and non-subscriber messages to require authorization of a
>moderator. Usually the mailing list software allowws to set this
>option.

I've been told that Spammer-SW is known to subscribe to mailing lists and send messages here and then, possibly much later.
How would you (as a moderator or approver) tell a spammer's subscription request from a "good" one?

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle.

---

From: Carlo Traverso <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 18 07:56:11 2003

>>>>> "Hoehle," == Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril <[email-masked]> writes:

    Hoehle,> Hi,

    Hoehle,> Carlo Traverso
    >> immediately, and non-subscriber messages to require
    >> authorization of a moderator. Usually the mailing list software
    >> allowws to set this option.

    Hoehle,> I've been told that Spammer-SW is known to subscribe to
    Hoehle,> mailing lists and send messages here and then, possibly
    Hoehle,> much later.  How would you (as a moderator or approver)
    Hoehle,> tell a spammer's subscription request from a "good" one?

Subscribed spammers can just send once. clisp is one of the only two
list to which I am subscribed that distributes spam.

Carlo Traverso