Subject: [clisp-list] looking for comint.el

From: Jean Gascon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:26:56 -0700

I am trying to build ilisp so that I can run CLISP as a subprocess of XEmacs
21.4.3. The ilisp build directory does not include the file comint.el (and
yet it tries to load it) because, as I understand it, comint.el (command
interpreter) is specific to each version of Emacs. Comint-v18.el (for
version 18 of emacs) is provided however. I looked under the sources of
XEmacs 21.4.3 and did not find any comint file. Where is it?

Thanks!

---

From: Bruce <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:00:39 +0800

> XEmacs 21.4.3 and did not find any comint file. Where is it?

'comint.el(c)' comes with (X)Emacs distribution. On Debian/GNU system
they are "/usr/share/emacs/20.7/lisp/comint.el(c)' and
'/usr/share/xemacs21/packages/lisp/xemacs-base/comint.elc'.

You can use "locate 'comint.el'" to find them.

Best!

-- 
Go to a movie tonight.  Darkness becomes you.