Subject: [clisp-list] FreeBSD 4.0 and current CVS

From: Arseny Slobodjuck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Dec 18 05:27:02 2001

Hi,

  I'm trying to build current sources from CVS in FreeBSD 4.0 and
  encountering a small problem. I'm following the unix/INSTALL
  instructions literally, but compilation stops on stream.d
  complaining that ICONV_CONST is not defined. I'm not familiar with
  all that autoconf m4 stuff, so I'm giving up. As far as I can
  understand ICONV_CONST should become defined in unixconf.h, when
  it being generated from unixconf.h.in, but it didn't (unixconf.h
  contain commented #undef ICONV_CONST). I spent several days on
  that trifle, so I'll try to ask here - which way I should look to ?

-- 
Best regards,
 Arseny                          mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Dec 25 10:05:01 2001

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] FreeBSD 4.0 and current CVS"
> * Sent on Tue, 18 Dec 2001 23:33:54 +1000
> * Honorable Arseny Slobodjuck <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>   understand ICONV_CONST should become defined in unixconf.h, when it
>   being generated from unixconf.h.in, but it didn't (unixconf.h
>   contain commented #undef ICONV_CONST). I spent several days on that
>   trifle, so I'll try to ask here - which way I should look to ?

I just checked in a "fix".
if does work for me on FreeBSD and Linux, but I would appreciate it if
you could try other platforms too...

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Keep Jerusalem united! <http://www.onejerusalem.org/Petition.asp>
Read, think and remember! <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
The program isn't debugged until the last user is dead.