Subject: [clisp-list] CLOCC install Q

From: Jason Dagit <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Feb 12 09:14:02 2002

I was trying to install CLOCC, I downloaded the latest snapshot.
Made sure that I was running clisp 2.27, but I get the following errors:

$ export LISPTYPE="/usr/bin/clisp"
$ make clocc-top
/home/dagit/downloads/clocc/bin/run-lisp: Sorry, option -faslext not
supported for LISPTYPE=/usr/bin/clisp.
/home/dagit/downloads/clocc/bin/run-lisp: Sorry, option -dumpext not
supported for LISPTYPE=/usr/bin/clisp.
/home/dagit/downloads/clocc/bin/run-lisp  -c clocc.lisp
/home/dagit/downloads/clocc/bin/run-lisp: Sorry, LISPTYPE=/usr/bin/clisp
is not supported
make: *** [clocc.LISPTYPE_NOT_SET] Error 1
$ echo $LISPTYPE
/usr/bin/clisp
$ whereis clisp
clisp: /usr/bin/clisp /usr/lib/clisp /usr/share/man/man1/clisp.1.gz

I've also tried this with cmucl and I get the same error.  And it is
right, neither clisp, nor cmucl accept those command line switches.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason
PS if this is the wrong list for this question, then I'm sorry.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Feb 12 18:14:02 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] CLOCC install Q"
> * Sent on Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:13:24 -0800 (PST)
> * Honorable Jason Dagit <[email-masked]> writes:
>

export LISPTYPE=clisp

note that the variable specifies _type_, not _path_

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
Keep Jerusalem united! <http://www.onejerusalem.org/Petition.asp>
Read, think and remember! <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
.sigs are like your face - rarely seen by you and uglier than you think

---

From: Jason Dagit <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Feb 12 21:41:10 2002

Thanks for your help.  For some reason I was under the impresion that
LISPTYPE needed to know where my lisp was at.

I got that step to work, but when I go into any of the directories and
type make system I just get errors.  I'll work on that more when I get
some time.

Thanks again,
Jason