Subject: [clisp-list] Building clisp on Ultra-10

From: "Damond Walker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 15 04:50:04 2002

Hello list,

    I'm having problems building the latest release on my (Sparc) Ultra-10
(running SuSE 7.3).  I've been reading some of the stuff on the Source Forge
page about setting safety to 3 or whatnot.

    At first the compile would segfault running the initial list environment
(it would segfault before showing the clisp banner).

    After setting safety to 3, cleaning, and rebuilding clisp does indeed
come up.  The make process then starts to build the interpreted image.  It
gets three files into the process and then segfaults again (I think it's
trying to load DEFMACRO.LISP).  I've traced the segfault to line 1480 of
spvw_circ.d.

    The line in question is something like "switch (Record_type(obj)) {".

    The error is a segfault again.  Mayhaps 'obj' isn't pointing to what it
should?  Who knows.

    Hope that helps whomever.  ;)

---
Damond Walker
Syncretic Software, Inc.
(302) 793-0300 x28