Subject: [clisp-list] SINGLE-FLOAT-BITS like functionality

From: Adam Warner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 26 16:21:05 2004

Hi developers,

CMUCL and SBCL provide access to their IEEE 754 floating point binary
representations through SINGLE-FLOAT-BITS, DOUBLE-FLOAT-LOW-BITS and
DOUBLE-FLOAT-HIGH-BITS, exported from the KERNEL and SB-KERNEL packages
respectively.

Does CLISP provide similar functionality?

Thanks,
Adam

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 26 20:20:22 2004

> * Adam Warner <[email-masked]> [2004-03-27 12:17:44 +1200]:
>
> DOUBLE-FLOAT-HIGH-BITS, exported from the KERNEL and SB-KERNEL
> packages respectively.

have a look at
<http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/stream-dict.html#bin-output>
see example in clisp/tests/bin-io.tst.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
usually: can't pay ==> don't buy. software: can't buy ==> don't pay