Subject: [clisp-list] compatibility of images

From: Pascal J.Bourguignon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 30 11:32:09 2004

Is there a way to save an image on a Linux system to be used on a
MS-Windows system (with clisp on cygwin)?

I tried it with clisp-2.33.1.

-- 
__Pascal Bourguignon__                     http://www.informatimago.com/

There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not
want merely because you think it would be good for him. -- Robert Heinlein

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 30 12:43:06 2004

> * Pascal J.Bourguignon <[email-masked]> [2004-06-30 20:34:40 +0200]:
>

no (and you can hardly expect it: memory image is really an image in
RAM, so it is highly non-portable, even between the same version of
CLISP on the same machine, when CLISP is built with different memory
models!)

For code, you can concatenate all your FAS files into one huge file and
(the same version of) CLISP will happily load it, on any platforms.

For data, you can use CLLIB:WRITE-TO-FILE and CLLIB:READ-FROM-FILE.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
A man paints with his brains and not with his hands.