Subject: [clisp-list] Native threads (sorry)

From: "Frederic Peschanski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 15 06:01:08 2002

Hi, 

I am currently porting a research project* from Scheme to CL and all
goes fine and fast thanks to CLISP... 

Anyway, I know probably thousands of people already asked you this but
the only feature I need to do a complete port and which does not seem to
be present yet in CLISP is : native threads (or, at least, user level
preemptive threads).

I saw on the website that there were plans to support NT and I know it's
not a simple thing (I followed their integration in the Ocaml compiler I
also employ)...

I am too new to CL and lisp compilation to imagine being useful except
for testing purposes, at least for the moment... But do you have a
roadmap or something about this *hot* topic (I may convince my
co-workers to adopt Clisp but they will stick to java without native
threads :-( ...

But thanks to you, I can compile my defmacros and run them on linux (to
work) and win32 (to "sell") !
So I am already happy with Clisp ;-)

Regards,
Fred.

*: this project is called MetaJargons and it's implementation is shortly
described in the Scheme2001 workshop proceedings