Subject: [clisp-list] Make install change on 2.27 compared to 2.25?

From: Daniel Tourde <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Sep 11 01:33:01 2001

Hello,

I am trying to install Clisp at a specific location by using the
command:
make install_root=xxx install
but it seems this option is not accepted or recognized anymore (It
worked with 2.25).
Did I miss something or is it a bug?

                Daniel

As can be seen below, Clisp is not installed on
/var/tmp/clisp-2001.07.17-root but on /usr directly

Executing(%install): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.72073
+ umask 022
+ cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
+ cd clisp-2001-07-17
+ rm -rf /var/tmp/clisp-2001.07.17-root
+ mkdir /var/tmp/clisp-2001.07.17-root
+ cd src
+ make install_root=/var/tmp/clisp-2001.07.17-root install
if [ ! -d /usr ] ; then mkdir /usr ; fi
if [ ! -d /usr ] ; then mkdir /usr ; fi
if [ ! -d /usr/lib ] ; then mkdir /usr/lib ; fi
if [ ! -d /usr/lib/clisp ] ; then mkdir /usr/lib/clisp ; fi
if [ ! -d /usr/lib/clisp/data ] ; then mkdir /usr/lib/clisp/data ; fi
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 data/UnicodeData.txt
/usr/lib/clisp/data/UnicodeData.txt
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 data/clhs.txt /usr/lib/clisp/data/clhs.txt
if [ ! -d /usr/lib/clisp/linkkit ] ; then mkdir /usr/lib/clisp/linkkit ;
fi
(cd /usr/lib/clisp && rm -rf base full)
mkdir /usr/lib/clisp/base
mkdir /usr/lib/clisp/full
for f in clisp-link linkkit/modules.d linkkit/modules.c linkkit/clisp.h
base/* full/*; do \
  case $f in \
    */lisp.run) /usr/bin/install -c $f /usr/lib/clisp/$f;; \
    *) /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $f /usr/lib/clisp/$f;; \
  esac; \
done
if [ ! -d /usr/bin ] ; then mkdir /usr/bin ; fi
gcc -O -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
-fomit-frame-pointer -Wno-sign-compare -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations
-DUNICODE -DDYNAMIC_FFI -DNO_GETTEXT -x none
-DLISPLIBDIR='"/usr/lib/clisp"' -DLOCALEDIR='""' clisp.c -o
/usr/bin/clisp
if [ ! -d /usr ] ; then mkdir /usr ; fi
if [ ! -d /usr ] ; then mkdir /usr ; fi
if [ ! -d /usr/man ] ; then mkdir /usr/man ; fi
if [ ! -d /usr/man/man1 ] ; then mkdir /usr/man/man1 ; fi
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 clisp.1 /usr/man/man1/clisp.1
if [ ! -d /usr/man/man3 ] ; then mkdir /usr/man/man3 ; fi
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 clreadline.3 /usr/man/man3/clreadline.3
if [ ! -d /usr ] ; then mkdir /usr ; fi
if [ ! -d /usr ] ; then mkdir /usr ; fi
if [ ! -d /usr/doc ] ; then mkdir /usr/doc ; fi
if [ ! -d /usr/doc/clisp-2.27 ] ; then mkdir /usr/doc/clisp-2.27 ; fi
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ANNOUNCE COPYRIGHT GNU-GPL SUMMARY NEWS
README README.de README.es MAGIC.add /usr/doc/clisp-2.27/
if [ ! -d /usr/doc/clisp-2.27/doc ] ; then mkdir /usr/doc/clisp-2.27/doc
; fi
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 clisp.1 clisp.html LISP-tutorial.txt
CLOS-guide.txt editors.txt impnotes.html clisp.gif clreadline.3
clreadline.html clreadline.dvi readline.dvi clisp.dvi
/usr/doc/clisp-2.27/doc/
-- 
***********************************************************************
Daniel TOURDE                             E-mail : [email-masked]
                                             Tel : +46 (0)8-55 50 43 44
                                        Cellular :  +46 (0)70-849 93 40
   FOI, Swedish Defence Research Agency; Aeronautics Division - FFA
       Dept. of Wind Energy and Aviation Environmental Research
SE-172 90 Stockholm, Sweden                     Fax : +46 (0)8-25 34 81
***********************************************************************

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Sep 11 06:49:02 2001

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] Make install change on 2.27 compared to 2.25?"
> * Sent on Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:15:41 +0200
> * Honorable Daniel Tourde <[email-masked]> writes:
>

I think you should use "prefix" instead of "install_root", at least i
have never heard of "install_root".

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
Read what the Arab leaders say to their people on <http://www.memri.org/>
Good programmers treat Microsoft products as damage and route around it.

---

From: Daniel Tourde <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Sep 11 06:55:02 2001

Hi!

> have never heard of "install_root".

If you compare the two files makemake (from 2.25 and 2.27) you will see
that install_root has been replaced by DESTDIR

Once I used make DESTDIR=xxx install it worked for me.

Thanks anyway for your answer

			Daniel