Subject: [clisp-list] fatal error in fatal error handler

From: "Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 3 07:14:50 2002

Hi,

could somebody please confirm the following on a different platform? CLISP-2.27 (win32 binary distribution) would not crash while my own MS-VC6-compiled CLISP-2.28 dies:

...\src\clisp-2.28\src>lisp.exe -B .
; lisp.run on UNIX
  i i i i i i i       ooooo    o        ooooooo   ooooo   ooooo
  I I I I I I I      8     8   8           8     8     o  8    8
  I  \ `+' /  I      8         8           8     8        8    8
   \  `-+-'  /       8         8           8      ooooo   8oooo
    `-__|__-'        8         8           8           8  8
        |            8     o   8           8     o     8  8
  ------+------       ooooo    8oooooo  ooo8ooo   ooooo   8

Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Michael Stoll 1992, 1993
Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Marcus Daniels 1994-1997
Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Pierpaolo Bernardi, Sam Steingold 1998
Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Sam Steingold 1999-2002

WARNING: No initialization file specified.
Please try: lisp.exe -M lispinit.mem

> (load "macros2.fas")
; or any .fas
*** - COMMON-LISP:FUNCALL: the function REMOVE-OLD-DEFINITIONS is undefined
; normal error when starting without -M
1. Break> ^Z
; or ^D on UNIX
[error.d:304] cannot handle the fatal error due to a fatal error in the fatal error handler!
Unknown software exception 0xc0000094 at 0x004f0534
...\src\clisp-2.28\src>

I'm investigating Peter's DEF-CALL-IN crash report...

Thanks,
	Jörg Höhle.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 3 08:22:41 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] fatal error in fatal error handler"
> * Sent on Wed, 3 Apr 2002 17:00:16 +0200
> * Honorable "Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> could somebody please confirm the following on a different platform?
> CLISP-2.27 (win32 binary distribution) would not crash while my own
> MS-VC6-compiled CLISP-2.28 dies:

[could you please break your long lines?  -- thanks]

> ...\src\clisp-2.28\src>lisp.exe -B .

you are not supposed to run lisp.exe without the memory image.
if you do, you cannot expect CLISP to work properly, if at all.

> Unknown software exception 0xc0000094 at 0x004f0534

CLISP is aborted.
This indicates "a problem _above_", in this case: you are loading
macros2.lisp before init.lisp.  CLISP cannot properly handle the break
loop when reploop.lisp is not loaded.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
Keep Jerusalem united! <http://www.onejerusalem.org/Petition.asp>
Read, think and remember! <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
I don't want to be young again, I just don't want to get any older.

---

From: Peter Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 3 11:58:12 2002

> could somebody please confirm the following on a different platform? CLISP-2.27 (win32 binary distribution) would not crash while my own MS-VC6-compiled CLISP-2.28 dies:

I can confirm it on Gnu/Linux with Clisp-2.28:

Script started on Wed Apr  3 20:57:02 2002
/home/prw/Projects/clisp/DEBUG
bash-2.04$ ./base/lisp.run -B .

<banner cut>

WARNING: No initialization file specified.
Please try: ./base/lisp.run -M lispinit.mem

*** - COMMON-LISP:FUNCALL: the function REMOVE-OLD-DEFINITIONS is undefined
1. Break> [error.d:305] cannot handle the fatal error due to a fatal error in the fatal error handler!
Aborted (core dumped)
Script done on Wed Apr  3 20:58:06 2002

> I'm investigating Peter's DEF-CALL-IN crash report...

Thank you!

Regards,
Peter