Subject: [clisp-list] results for early init-error patch

From: Peter Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 6 11:21:02 2002

Hi

Sam, I tried the patch which you attached to Joergs's bug report at
sourceforge.  Two cases:

bash-2.04$ ./base+testCI/lisp.run

*** - READ from #<INPUT STRING-INPUT-STREAM>: #<PACKAGE FFI> has no external symbol with name "C-STRING"
1. Break> [error.d:305] cannot handle the fatal error due to a fatal error in the fatal error handler!
Aborted (core dumped)
bash-2.04$ ./base+testCI/lisp.run -M lispinit.mem 

*** - READ from #<INPUT STRING-INPUT-STREAM>: there is no package with name "TESTCI"
1. Break [1]> 
[1]> 

Regards,
Peter

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 6 12:20:08 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] results for early init-error patch"
> * Sent on Sat, 6 Apr 2002 21:06:26 +0200
> * Honorable Peter Wood <[email-masked]> writes:
>

okay - I take it that the patch does fix the stream bug.
the errors above are not CLISP errors in the sense that, in the first
case, without the memory image, there are no external symbols and you
have to use two colons always, and, in the second case, you have to
make sure (dunno how) that the package TESTCI is there.

Joerg - please confirm my analysis and I will commit the patch.

thanks.
-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
Keep Jerusalem united! <http://www.onejerusalem.org/Petition.asp>
Read, think and remember! <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
My inferiority complex is the only thing I can be proud of.