Subject: [clisp-list] new CLISP release

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 12:07:42 +0100 (MET)

A new release, version 2000-03-06, is available at

         ftp://clisp.sourceforge.net/pub/clisp/
and
         ftp://clisp.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/source/

Also available are binary packages for the following platforms:

         i386-suse63-linux
         i386-redhat61-linux
         alpha-redhat-linux
         sparc-sun-solaris2.4

in
         ftp://clisp.sourceforge.net/pub/clisp/2000-03-06/
and
         ftp://clisp.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/

Changes, from the NEWS file:

User visible changes
--------------------

* New functions READ-FLOAT and WRITE-FLOAT.

* Unicode support: The pretty-printer and FORMAT ~T now handle non-spacing and
  double-width Unicode characters correctly. Pretty-printer slows down by 30%.

* Fixed two bugs in TRANSLATE-PATHNAME: Substitution of "**" did not work.
  Substitutions without version into non-logical pathnames crashed.

* Dutch translations of the user interface messages have been added
  Thanks to Tijs van Bakel <[email-masked]>.

* When configured with --with-export-syscalls, :SYSCALLS is in *FEATURES*
  and functions POSIX:RESOLVE-IP-ADDR, POSIX:USER-DATA, POSIX:FILE-STAT,
  POSIX:SYSINFO, POSIX:RESOURCE-USAGE-LIMITS,
  as well as those libm.so functions which do not have a better
  counterpart in ANSI CL are available.

* New supported character sets in package CHARSET: ISO-8859-16, KOI8-U,
  KOI8-RU, EUC-JP, SHIFT-JIS, CP932, ISO-2022-JP, ISO-2022-JP-2, ISO-2022-JP-1,
  EUC-CN, HZ, GBK, CP936, EUC-TW, BIG5, CP950, ISO-2022-CN, ISO-2022-CN-EXT,
  EUC-KR, CP949, ISO-2022-KR, ARMSCII-8, GEORGIAN-ACADEMY, GEORGIAN-PS,
  TIS-620, MULELAO-1, CP1133, VISCII, TCVN, UTF-16, UTF-7, MACINTOSH (as an
  alias for MAC-ROMAN).

Other modifications
-------------------

* Speed up some sequence functions when operating on vectors: MAKE-SEQUENCE,
  CONCATENATE, COPY-SEQ, COERCE, SUBSEQ, REPLACE, FILL, REVERSE, NREVERSE,
  REMOVE[-IF[-NOT]] with :START/:END, SUBSTITUTE[-IF[-NOT]] with :START/:END,
  SORT.

* Speed up ADJUST-ARRAY.

Enjoy!
                   Bruno