Subject: AW: [clisp-list] Networking?

From: "Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Feb 16 00:48:00 2004

Hi,

Michael Koehne wonders:
>> Given my Amiga background
>  i know this is totaly off topic, but do you know a clisp for KICK.ROM
>  3.1, Kickstart version 40.63, Workbench version 34.28 ?
What's wrong with the version on Aminet?
I don't have v34. nor any PowerPC card, just 3.1 in both my A4000 and A2000
boxes. But there shouldn't be problems with newer releases of Kickstart
or Workbench.

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle.

---

From: Michael Koehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Feb 16 06:09:10 2004

Moin Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril,

> What's wrong with the version on Aminet?

  perhaps only the missing Amiga prominence - I receive hundrets of
  dialer-site (offering to install 0190 dialers to raise my network
  to 1$/minute) cheating Google, when searching "amiga clisp download".
  I receive dozends of dead links, e.g to http://zeus.gmd.de/~hoehle/amiga.html
  and the only clisp I found was nearly 8 years old.

  So is there an actual URL for downloading an actual clisp, compiled
  for Amiga OS ?

> boxes. But there shouldn't be problems with newer releases of Kickstart

  I never was an Amiga guru and the A2000 of my housemate was left open
  and abused as a cat toylet years ago. So the only KICK.ROM and WB I
  have came with a game, that I'm playing bi-monthly for over a decade.

Bye Michael
-- 
  mailto:[email-masked]             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.22'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Feb 16 07:24:08 2004

> * Michael Koehne <[email-masked]> [2004-02-16 15:05:06 +0100]:
>

<http://clisp.cons.org> ==>
<ftp://ftp.tu-darmstadt.de/pub/programming/languages/lisp/clisp/binaries/old-infrastructure/amiga/>

Amiga support has been removed from the CVS recently.
You should have spoken up when the issue was raised a couple of months ago...

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
A PC without Windows is like ice cream without ketchup.

---

From: Michael Koehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Feb 16 10:26:05 2004

Moin Sam Steingold,

> You should have spoken up when the issue was raised a couple of months ago...

  just downloading them, even if they are also 8 years old. btw: what was
  the latest CVS tag, where Amiga support was possible, and did someone
  really compile this last Amiga clisp ? Or was the Amiga branch dropped
  because nobody tried it for nearly 8 years ?

Bye Michael

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Feb 16 17:28:05 2004

> * Michael Koehne <[email-masked]> [2004-02-16 19:21:52 +0100]:
>
> Moin Sam Steingold,
>
>   just downloading them, even if they are also 8 years old. btw: what
>   was the latest CVS tag, where Amiga support was possible, and did

no CVS tag, but you can look for the date in src/ChangeLog.

>   someone really compile this last Amiga clisp ? Or was the Amiga
>   branch dropped because nobody tried it for nearly 8 years ?

yes, this is the case - nobody built amiga clisp for many years and it
was dubious that it was still possible.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Let us remember that ours is a nation of lawyers and order.