Subject: [clisp-list] Red Hat 9 rpms

From: Axel Thimm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 3 02:41:08 2003

Hello,

some time ago I was asked by one of the developers to include clisp to
my Red Hat rpm repository at http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/.

Currently some support issues came up like whether this or that
configure switch should be part of the rpm build or adding this and
that patch from Suse/Gentoo etc.

Unfortunately I myself am not a member of the clisp community and
don't use clisp at all, so these issues are beyond my grasp.

Is someone from the clisp community voluntaring to these QA tasks? If
there isn't any interest, I will withdraw the Red Hat rpm, since
currently users relay on a working rpm, and I don't know whether they
are getting one.

Having said that, a new rpm for Red Hat 9 (possibly working also for
Red Hat 8.0) has been uploaded containg some suggestions from Daniel
Tourde. I hope it works ...

	http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/rh9/clisp/

-- 
[email-masked]

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 3 07:11:04 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] Red Hat 9 rpms"
> * Sent on Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:48:15 +0200
> * Honorable Axel Thimm <[email-masked]> writes:
>

we appreciate that you did it.
we link to your package from the CLISP home page http://clisp.cons.org,
so if you decide to withdraw it, please notify this list so that we
will remove the link.

> that patch from Suse/Gentoo etc.

Most of the patches from Suse/Gentoo/*BSD &c are actually taken from
the CLISP CVS (as is often indicated by the "upstream" marker).

> don't use clisp at all, so these issues are beyond my grasp.

You should tell your users to direct all non-packaging questions to
<clisp-list>.

> currently users relay on a working rpm, and I don't know whether they

<clisp-list> volunteers. :-)

> 	http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/rh9/clisp/

Thanks.
Unfortunately, "atrpms is needed by clisp-2.30-4".
--nodeps helps, but I would not expect the users to appreciate it.
the package indeed works.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat9 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Parachute for sale, used once, never opened, small stain.

---

From: Axel Thimm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 3 07:23:06 2003

> You should tell your users to direct all non-packaging questions to

Unfortunately it is difficult to tell whether any issues are due to
packaging or true bugs.

> <clisp-list> volunteers. :-)

O.K., let's make the arrangement that I refer all issues I don't
understand to clisp-list.

> Unfortunately, "atrpms is needed by clisp-2.30-4".

Yes, get this phony package also from

     http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/atrpms/

Its purpose is to identify all packages installed on your system
originating from atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de, so that one can ease
upgrading/migration processes.

> the package indeed works.

Thanks for the feedback!

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 3 08:07:05 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "Re: Red Hat 9 rpms"
> * Sent on Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:21:27 +0200

fine.

>      http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/name/atrpms/

it would be a good idea to list all the dependencies in the same page
as the package itself.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat9 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
((lambda (x) (list x (list 'quote x))) '(lambda (x) (list x (list 'quote x))))