Subject: [clisp-list] #P" ...config.lisp" does not exist

From: lin8080 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue May 21 15:27:04 2002

> hi, the installation in the README file (which i've attached)
> are confusing, and do not seem to work as advertised.

> here is what happens when i try to obey the instructions.
> am i doing something wrong?

Hallo

There is some text in the c.l.l - newsgroup. I copy it below. May be it
helps (it is not the same problem you have).

stefan

...................[copy].......................
   Betreff: Re: I apologize ahead if this is an easy question, new to
LISP
     Datum: Sat, 18 May 2002 02:19:15 GMT
       Von: "Joe Marshall" <[email-masked]>
     Firma: ATT Broadband
     Foren: comp.lang.lisp
Referenzen: 1 , 2

"Chichen710" <[email-masked]> wrote in message 
news:[email-masked]...

> ** - Continuable Error
> INTERN("DOMATH"): #<PACKAGE EXT> is locked
> If you continue (by typing 'continue'): Ignore the lock and proceed
> 1. Break [3]>
..........

It looks as if the default package at the prompt is the "EXT" package.
(It shouldn't be, but it is.)
If you type

   (setq *package* (find-package "COMMON-LISP-USER"))

at the very first prompt, it should work.

It is unusual that *package* would be set incorrectly upon startup.
It would indicate a mis-configured setup.  Are any errors or warnings
printed when you start?

.................[other copy].................

The reason you are getting this error is because the current package
is the "EXT" package, and that package is `locked' so that you don't
accidentally wipe out the lisp system (the "EXT" package is a system
package).

.................[end-copy]...................