Subject: [clisp-list] translate-pathname

From: "Claudio Bley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 19 07:48:10 2002

Hi,

I tried to use the translate-pathname function but had no luck so far:

$ clisp --version
GNU CLISP 2.28 (released 2002-03-03) (built 3227278593) (memory 3227279056)
Features: 
(CLOS LOOP COMPILER CLISP ANSI-CL COMMON-LISP LISP=CL INTERPRETER
 SOCKETS GENERIC-STREAMS LOGICAL-PATHNAMES SCREEN FFI GETTEXT UNICODE
 BASE-CHAR=CHARACTER PC386 UNIX)

[1]> (translate-pathname "test.txt" "*.txt" "*.text")

*** - TRANSLATE-PATHNAME: #P"test.txt" is not a specialization of #P"*.txt"

which to my understanding is wrong and rather should give a
#P"test.text" pathname. (I tested this with Allegro CL, Xanalys
LispWorks and CMUCL).

Then, I figured the situation might have changed with clisp cvs; I
checked out cvs clisp last Friday (06/14/2002), build it (which
suceeded after some trouble but more on that I'll send in a seperate
mail later) and I received:

[3]> (translate-pathname "test.txt" "*.txt" "*.text")

*** - internal error: statement in file "pathname.d", line 5162 has
been reached!!  Please send the authors of the program a description
how you produced this error!

Both programs were compiled with gcc 3.0.4, I followed the
recommendations of ./configure (just appending 'debug' to makemake's
command line when compiling the cvs version):

cd with-gcc3
./makemake --with-readline --with-gettext --with-dynamic-ffi > Makefile
make config.lisp
make

and I also ran 'make test' and 'make testsuite' which both suceeded.

Am I missing something? Is this a known problem?

System details:

$ uname -a 
Linux aptiva 2.4.18 #1 Mon May 13 15:24:42 CEST 2002 i686 unknown
Debian Gnu/Linux 3.0 (Woody) glibc 2.2.5

Claudio

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 19 14:51:04 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] translate-pathname"
> * Sent on Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:47:48 +0200
> * Honorable "Claudio Bley" <[email-masked]> writes:
>

I just fixed this in the CVS.
please try it.

thanks for your bug report.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until you can find a rock.

---

From: "Claudio Bley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 19 17:27:04 2002

>>>>> "Sam" == Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:

    >> #P"test.text" pathname. (I tested this with Allegro CL, Xanalys

    Sam> I just fixed this in the CVS.  please try it.

Good news! It works like a charm. Thanks for your time and effort.

Claudio