Subject: [clisp-list] Q: problem with RUN-PROGRAM and EXECUTE in Win32

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun Mar 3 20:03:02 2002

Well, I think I have really tried everything now, but I am not getting the
same results as others who have tried to help me.

(lisp-implementation-type) returns:

"2.27 (released 2001-07-17) (built 3204312676) (memory 3223661245)"

which is somewhat different from what another user reported:

[2]> (lisp-implementation-version)
"2.27 (released 2001-07-17) (built on ssteingold.exapps.com [172.23.101.12])"

I don't know if these differences are important.

Also - try as I might, I cannot get anything from the RUN-PROGRAM function
except this error message:

[%s:10790]
*** - Win32 error 2 (ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND): The system cannot find the file
specified.

Some suggested I try the :indirectp keyword, but :indirectp is not a valid
keyword in my copy of CLISP:

(describe 'run-program)  only returns these keywords:

:arguments :input :output :if-output-exists :wait

Also,EXECUTE does not work properly for me, so at this point I am unable to
continue trying to port a UNIX-based CLISP program to Windows.

Any additional insight on what might be my problem would be greatly
appreciated.  My paths are set properly, but RUN-PROGRAM won't run any
executable, regardless of whether it is in my path or whether I am in the
directory where the exe is located.  

Thanks for any further advice,

Tara

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
Tara C. Matise, Ph.D.              [email-masked]
Department of Genetics          732-445-3125 (P)
Rutgers University                 732-445-1147 (F)

Nelson Biological Laboratories - B211
604 Allison Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8082