Subject: [clisp-list] Binaries of clisp-oracle with Oracle for Sun ?

From: Georges Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Aug 22 10:41:07 2003

Hello,

    Has someone binaries for a machine like this:

SunOS ap 5.8 Generic_108528-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4

    that includes the clisp-oracle module ?

    When I try to compile, I have a core dump:

---

From: "John K. Hinsdale" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Aug 22 11:15:06 2003

> that includes the clisp-oracle module ?

I'm not aware anyone has compiled --with-module=oracle under Sun, but
there's no reason why it should not work.  I developed the module
under Debian Linux and Oracle 8.1.7.  (You need at least 8.0.5 to use
the module).

 >     When I try to compile, I have a core dump:

Do you mean (a) you get a core dump during the compilation, or (b) a
core dump when you are running CLISP compiled from source?  I'm
guessing (b).

What version of CLISP are you compiling?  Early versions of the Oracle
module had bugs, and also relied on parts of the CLISP FFI interface
that had bugs.  But these have since been fixed.

If you've got the lastest CVS snapshot, it really should work.  If
not, consider using using the CVS snapshot as your source base.  In
any case I would be happy to help you make it work.

If you want to use a stable CLISP codebase (e.g. 2.30) it may work to
just drop in the latest source for the Oracle module -- I can email
you a tarball -- and recompile.

---
John Hinsdale, Alma Mater Software, Inc., Tarrytown, NY 10591-3710 USA
[email-masked] | http://www.alma.com/staff/hin | +1 914 631 4690

---

From: Georges Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Aug 22 19:56:03 2003

"John K. Hinsdale" <[email-masked]> writes:

    Hi John,

> under Debian Linux and Oracle 8.1.7.  (You need at least 8.0.5 to use

    Yes, I use Oracle 8.1.7.

> core dump when you are running CLISP compiled from source?  I'm

    Actually, I have the core dump in the "configure" phase. Hey, I
haven't noticed that my article has been truncated after "I have a
core dump"! (why? dot in 1st column?) , so this is the rest:

  .
  .
  .
ln -s ../src/dutch.lisp dutch.lisp
ln -s ../src/deprecated.lisp deprecated.lisp
cp -p ../src/cfgsunux.lisp config.lisp
chmod +w config.lisp
echo '(setq *clhs-root-default* "http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/")' 
                      >> config.lisp
./lisp.run -B . -Efile UTF-8 -Eterminal UTF-8 -norc -m 750KW -x 
                   "(load \"init.lisp\") (sys::%saveinitmem) (exit)"
Segmentation Fault - core dumped
make: *** [interpreted.mem] Error 139

    I used the following command:

./configure --with-dynamic-ffi --with-dynamic-modules 
  --with-export-syscalls --with-module=wildcard --with-module=regexp 
  --with-module=oracle --build oralisp

> that had bugs.  But these have since been fixed.

    The official 2.30 (which has already your module). I have tried
without your module and have the same outcome, dying when trying to
write the image. Actually, just running "./lisp.run" core dumps.

> not, consider using using the CVS snapshot as your source base. 

    OK, I'll give it a shot, but I guess 2.30 should compile OK, I'll
check what gone wrong. I think I don't have any of the "recommended" 4
libraries so I'll install them and see what happens.

> In any case I would be happy to help you make it work.

    Thanks already for the module!

> you a tarball -- and recompile.

    That's what I'm currently using.

    Georges
-- 
 Georges Ko                               [email-masked]              2003-08-23
           Cycle 78, year 20 (Gui-Wei), month 7 (Geng-Shen), day 26 (Wu-Chen)