Subject: [clisp-list] CLIP , Mac and sockets

From: amit phalgune <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Aug 20 12:33:01 2003

Hi,
I am planning to use CLISP on Mac OS 10. I understand that CLISP
supports Macs. But I am not sure if sockets and multi threading is
supported by CLISP on Macs.
Can anyone guide me on this please !!

Also from the documents I looked at, looks like CLISP supports sockets
on Unix and Win32 only. Is this correct ? How abt Macs ?

Does CLISP support multi threading on UNIX and Windows ? 
Thanks for the help
Amit

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Aug 20 13:15:10 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "CLIP , Mac  and sockets"
> * Sent on Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:58:08 -0700 (PDT)
> * Honorable amit phalgune <[email-masked]> writes:
>

mac os x is a unix, so sockets are fully supported.

> Does CLISP support multi threading on UNIX and Windows ? 

not yet.
would you like to work in it?

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

---

From: amit phalgune <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Aug 22 06:44:03 2003

Also the CLISP site mentions about the Fink for Macs. Is this some kind
of interface between Mac and CLISP throughsome Unix systems ?

Please help !!
Amit

---

From: Pascal Bourguignon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Aug 22 14:24:17 2003

> of interface between Mac and CLISP throughsome Unix systems ?

fink is a  MacOSX tool that you can use to  download and install linux
programs ported to MacOSX. clisp-2.29 is available with fink, but I've
not been able to compile it so far.

The last  hint I have is that  gcc version 3.1 won't  compile clisp on
MacOSX, and  you need either  to switch to  gcc 2.95 or to  upgrade to
gcc 3.3.  I'm in the process of doing that.

-- 
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality.