Subject: [clisp-list] (no subject)

From: "Daniel B. Swartz, Ph.D., CI, CT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 25 06:15:09 2003

March 25, 2003 

Dear Sir or Madam: 

You have been selected to participate in post-doctoral research on job
satisfaction and burnout among interpreters for the Deaf. If you 
are hearing, Deaf, or hard-of-hearing, and interpret at least part time
(sign language, cued, oral, etc.), you qualify to participate. 

If you are not an interpreter for the Deaf, and I have made an error in
selecting you - please delete this email message and accept my 
apology for the inconvenience. If you accept a duplicate email I apologize
for the inconvenience. Your email address was obtained 
from the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, Inc. (database). 

To complete the online survey please go to
<http://www.360translations.com/survey2/> (cut and paste this URL if it is
not 
hyperlinked). The survey will take approximately 25-50 minutes to complete.
There is a small chance that your Internet Service 
Provider (ISP) will have difficulty with this site. If that is the case I
am sorry for this inconvenience - it is beyond my control. 

NOTE: I have been experiencing sporadic problems with our website/host
service. If you cannot load the survey at any given time, try 
back at a later time. The web host has been informed of this problem and is
working on it. 

All demographic information collected is stored in a secure database. Your
name will not be collected. 

The purpose of this study is to describe how you, “The Interpreter,” feel
about your work and to identify methods for improving job 
satisfaction and lessening job burnout. 

Your participation in this study is completely voluntary, and you can
withdraw at any time. However, if you decide to participate in 
this study, please complete all parts of the questionnaire and know that
your responses will be completely anonymous. If you 
completed this questionnaire 4 years ago during the initial research, I
encourage you to complete it again at this time. 

For interpreters outside of North America, I strongly encourage your
participation. One question in the survey will ask you for your 
salary information (anonymous). Please convert to either US or Canadian
dollars by going to <http://www.xe.com/ucc/> . 

Results of this research will be published in late 2003 both online and
through professional journals. If you are a trainer, interpreter 
educator, or employer of interpreters, you will be especially interested in
my previous research in this area. My findings highlight 
predictors for optimal job satisfaction and lessening the effects of
burnout. You may visit 
<http://www.360translations.com/products.htm> for information on obtaining
a copy of published research. 

Thank you in advance for your participation, 

Daniel B. Swartz, Ph.D., CI, CT
Certified Interpreter for the Deaf
Investigator 

To complete the online survey please go to
<http://www.360translations.com/survey2/> (cut and paste this URL if it is
not 
hyperlinked).