Subject: [clisp-list] problem compiling clisp 2.28 on Mac OS X

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue Jun 25 10:22:02 2002

I am working with Daniel Starr on trying to compile clisp on OS X, and
am encountering the following error.

[localhost:~] danielst% cd clisp-2.28/osx
[localhost:~/clisp-2.28/osx] danielst% cc -E -W -Wswitch -Wcomment 
-Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -fomit-frame-pointer 
-Wno-sign-compare -O2 -DUNICODE -c spvw.c >yyy4.i
lispbibl.d:88: line_88
lispbibl.d:107: line_107
lispbibl.d:207: line_207
lispbibl.d:315: line_315
lispbibl.d:6974: illegal external declaration, missing `;' after `__SP'
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in 
basic mode

The errors marked line_* are the result of putting error statements
in the defines to confirm what the compiler is doing.
Can anyone give us a sugestion about this error?
Thanks,
Dan Stanger

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 25 14:33:04 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] problem compiling clisp 2.28 on Mac OS X"
> * Sent on Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:21:07 -0600 (MDT)
> * Honorable [email-masked] writes:
>

add --traditional-cpp manually or try the CVS version.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Save your burned out bulbs for me, I'm building my own dark room.