Subject: [clisp-list] Need help to use Chinese Character..

From: "wsj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Sep 24 20:28:02 2002

Dear all,
 I like to wrap the English characters with Chinese characters.
 In the old DOS version, I can use Defmacro to accomplish this. 
 But in new versions 2.24 and later, it seems don't accept Chinese character anymore ?

 It show Error message like this..
*** - Win32 error 8 (ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY) Not enough storage is available to process this command.
*** - READ from
#INPUT CONCATENATED-STREAM #<INPUT STRING-INPUT-STREAM>
  #<IO SYNONYM-STREAM *DEBUG-IO*>>:an object cannot start with #\>

Sincerely,
 Wsj

---

From: Arseny Slobodjuck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Sep 25 05:31:01 2002

Hi,

>   #<IO SYNONYM-STREAM *DEBUG-IO*>>:an object cannot start with #\>

New versions support codepage or encoding selection. Characters are
being translated on input from terminal encoding to unicode, unicode
is used for internal character handling. On output characters being
translated back. Terminal encoding can be set by '-Eterminal ENC'
clisp command line option where ENC stands for your Chinese encoding.
There are also -Efile -Emisc -Epathname and -Eforeign (for FFI).
I don't know how terminal works to input your Chinese characters which
are cannot fit into 7 bit (codes 128-255), so it must input two-byte
characters or somewhat like it... Terminal encoding should be set to
windows OEM charset, but there can be some problems with Chinese...
What *terminal-encoding* is set to in your case ?

-- 
Best regards,
 Arseny