Subject: [clisp-list] clx and clisp

From: David Peebles <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Feb 16 10:37:01 2002

Apologies if this is a naive question but I'm a relatively new user of
clisp.  I'm trying to use clx with clisp 2.27 for linux.  The most recent
version of clx for clisp I can find must be quite old as it has the .lsp
files.  I've modified the files to use the .lisp suffix but still get many
errors concerning the lack of an XLIB package when I run make.  I assume 
that this is a result of changes to clisp since the version of clx I have 
was released.

Can anyone give me some advice as to what I should be doing to get clisp
running with clx?

Many thanks in advance,

David

===================================================================
 Dr David Peebles
 ESRC Centre for Research in Development, Instruction and Training
 School of Psychology, University of Nottingham,
 University Park, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK.

 email: [email-masked]
 tel:             0 115 951 5292
 fax:             0 115 951 5324
 international: +44 115 951 ----
 url: http://www.psychology.nottingham.ac.uk/staff/David.Peebles/
===================================================================

---

From: Arseny Slobodjuck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Feb 16 20:50:02 2002

Hello David,

Sunday, February 17, 2002, 4:31:30 AM, you wrote:

David> Can anyone give me some advice as to what I should be doing to get clisp
David> running with clx?

I didn't tried clx, but there are two versions of clx in CLisp, old
lisp version and new C version, which, I think, usable as a module
which you should setup at a configure (or makemake ?) stage of build.

-- 
Best regards,
 Arseny

---

From: Paolo Amoroso <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Feb 17 12:58:02 2002

> errors concerning the lack of an XLIB package when I run make.  I assume 

The standard CLISP distribution comes with two CLX implementations that
should be built from source without errors on supported platforms. Where
have you got the CLX distribution you refer to? On what system are you
trying to compile it? The official CLISP site is:

  http://clisp.sourceforge.net

Paolo
-- 
EncyCMUCLopedia * Extensive collection of CMU Common Lisp documentation
http://www.paoloamoroso.it/ency/README
[http://cvs2.cons.org:8000/cmucl/doc/EncyCMUCLopedia/]