Subject: [clisp-list] Packages locked in Windows

From: Robert Folland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 1 12:04:09 2002

Hello,

I've just started using clisp on Windows, and I'm getting warning
messages about packages being locked all the time. I've just joined
the mailing list so sorry if this is a very FAQ:

This is an example:

------------------------------
[1]> (defun hei (x)

** - Continuable Error
INTERN("HEI"): #<PACKAGE EXT> is locked
If you continue (by typing 'continue'): Ignore the lock and proceed
1. Break [2]> continue

** - Continuable Error
INTERN("X"): #<PACKAGE EXT> is locked
If you continue (by typing 'continue'): Ignore the lock and proceed
1. Break [3]> (bye)

Bye.
[~]$
------------------------------

I get the same when trying to eval/compile a form from emacs with the
ILISP-package, having clisp as the inferior Lisp. On Linux this all
works fine. I get the errors on Windows 2000. I downloaded a binary
distribution of clisp-2.28, didn't succeed in compiling from source.

Is there an easy fix for this? Something to do with the file system in
Windows perhaps?

-Robert