Subject: FW: [clisp-list] Problem with install.lisp in Windows

From: "Clementson, Bill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Feb 23 13:14:03 2002

I did some follow-up tests. The batch file that is generated by the CVS
version of install.lisp looks like this:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files\clisp-2.27\lisp.exe" -B "C:\Program Files\clisp-2.27\" -M
"C:\Program Files\clisp-2.27\lispinit.mem" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

As I mentioned in my previous email, that batch file doesn't start up clisp
correctly. If the batch file is changed (the only change is to swap the
order of the -M and -B parameters) to look like this:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files\clisp-2.27\lisp.exe" -M "C:\Program
Files\clisp-2.27\lispinit.mem" -B "C:\Program Files\clisp-2.27\" %1 %2 %3 %4
%5 %6 %7 %8 %9

it seems to work ok. However, in your earlier comments you mentioned that
the -B switch tells CLISP where to find files like clhs.txt and
UnicodeData.txt and that switch's value may not be being interpreted
correctly either. If you can tell me some way to check whether the value of
the -B switch has been interpreted correctly after clisp startup, I'll test
whether just reversing the order of the arguments is a valid fix.

However, in the meantime, you should probably reverse the fix that you made
to install.lisp as it now creates a non-functional clisp.bat file (Note: the
clisp.bat file is broken even for situations where the install is to a
directory without spaces in its name).

--
Bill Clementson