Subject: [clisp-list] Compiling to machine code

From: Jeremy Doolin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Feb 28 19:59:02 2002

I was wondering if there was any plans for making CLISP compile to
machine code.  I like everything about CLISP except for the fact that it
can't do that.

Jeremy Doolin
-- 
May all your disgraces be private

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Cohen)
Date: Thu Feb 28 20:36:04 2002

> machine code.  I like everything about CLISP except for the fact that it

Why does this matter to you?  Is it that you like to read machine
code?  If your real problem is speed then you should say so.  But then
it would make sense to be more specific about what it is that you need
to be how much faster.  
One of the things I like about clisp is the fact that the compiled
code is portable.  (Did you know that?)  And that would be lost by
compiling to machine code.