Subject: [clisp-list] SourceForge needs a Lisp foundry

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jan 1 11:10:04 2004

This message is sent to mailing lists of some Lispy SF projects.
Reply-To & Followup-To are set to the maxima list (since Maxima is the
most popular Lispy SF project).

WIBNI there were a Lisp SF foundry? <http://foundries.sourceforge.net/>
All we need is a volunteer to administer the foundry.
<http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=889&group_id=1#foundryrequest>

Any volunteers?

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.

---

From: "John K. Hinsdale" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jan 1 13:50:01 2004

> WIBNI there were a Lisp SF foundry? ... Any volunteers?

Well, I'm going to abdicate my offered role maintaining a separate
CLISP stable CVS branch (it's not going to be worth it. I was wrong.
Sorry).

But something like administering a SF "foundry" is something I could
do (which appears to be a mix between maintaining pages of links,
moderating announce lists, and ongoing research -- something I'd do
anyway).  If there's no other takers, I cansubmit a request in a week
or so.

---
John Hinsdale, Alma Mater Software, Inc., Tarrytown, NY 10591-3710 USA
[email-masked] | http://www.alma.com/staff/hin | +1 914 631 4690

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jan 3 19:56:01 2004

> * John K. Hinsdale <[email-masked]> [2004-01-01 16:49:01 -0500]:
>

please go ahead.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
.sigs are like your face - rarely seen by you and uglier than you think

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jan 16 06:49:07 2004

> anyway).

OK, so what's the status on this?
Did you submit a request?

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
People hear what they want to hear and discard the rest.

---

From: "John K. Hinsdale" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jan 16 07:47:05 2004

> OK, so what's the status on this?  Did you submit a request?

Oops sorry ... they are not accepting new reqeusts for foundries.  See
message below from Jacob Moorman of SourceForge.  How annoying.  I've
since submitted a bug fix request that they remove the link inviting
requests for new foundries, such being a waste of time exercise.

It's also puzzling since the existing set of foundries is quite
arbitrary in its depth and breadth of topics.  Oh well.

Unrelated note on my availability: my CLISP development contributions
will be suspended for a little while due to the birth of my son Noah
(our first) four days ago on Monday (Jan 12).  [Comments to my Email,
[email-masked], and not to lisp-list please!]

---

=======  FORWARDED MESSAGE ==============

To: [email-masked]
From: "SourceForge.net" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [ alexandria-Feature Requests-871653 ] Request for new foundry: 
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 04:39:24 -0800

Feature Requests item #871653, was opened at 2004-01-06 08:29
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by moorman
You can respond by visiting: 
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350001&aid=871653&group_id=1

Category: SF.net: Foundries
>Group: Rejected (will not be implemented)
>Status: Closed
Priority: 5
Submitted By: John Hinsdale (hin)
>Assigned to: Patrick McGovern (pat)
>Summary: Request for new foundry: 

Initial Comment:
This is to request a new foundry for the Lisp language.
I'm one of the developers of the CLisp project, a popular
implementatin of Lisp hosted at sourceforge.

A number of CLisp developers have suggested I volunteer
to administer such a foundry, so that is what I am doing.

The main uses of the foundry would be to:
 - highlight, and act as a directory for, Lisp-oriented
   projects at Sourceforge

 - provide links useful to Lisp programmers, including
   Lisp implementations and commercial vendors

 - post newsworthy events relevant to Lisp programmers and
   users

Please let me know what the next step is.  My SourceForge
ID is "hin" ...

John Hinsdale, President
Alma Mater Software, Inc., Tarrytown, NY USA
+1 914-631-4690
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

>Comment By: Jacob Moorman (moorman)
Date: 2004-01-09 07:39

Message:
Logged In: YES 
user_id=152443

Greetings,

At this time, SourceForge.net is not accepting any
additional requests or suggestions for new foundries.  This
request is being updated (so you won't be waiting) and
closed; the details of this request are being transferred to
a master request list which will be reviewed in the future
when we again accept foundry suggestions for consideration.

Thank you,

Jacob Moorman
Quality of Service Manager, SourceForge.net

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You can respond by visiting: 
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350001&aid=871653&group_id=1