Subject: [clisp-list] Clisp, modules, make install and rpm

From: Daniel Tourde <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:19:52 +0200

Hello!

I would like to build a RPM of clisp with some homemade modules.
I don't really know how to do it, I have just inherited the files. The
guy who developed the module never really bother of running the
installation process until its end. He never used make install. Now I am
confronted with problems with make install: it systematically recreates
a clisp image WITHOUT the modules I added.

What is the procedure to follow to build SIMPLY clisp with modules,
using the good old:
./configure
make
make install

What must I do to make it work?

		Daniel
-- 
***********************************************************************
Daniel TOURDE                             E-mail : [email-masked]
                                                Tel : +46 8 55 50 43 44
   FOI, Swedish Defence Research Agency; Aeronautics Division - FFA
       Dept. of Wind Energy and Aviation Environmental Research
SE-172 90 Stockholm, Sweden                        Fax : +46 8 25 34 81
***********************************************************************

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Jun 2001 10:49:16 -0400

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] Clisp, modules, make install and rpm"
> * Sent on Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:19:52 +0200
> * Honorable Daniel Tourde <[email-masked]> writes:
>

you cannot.
CLISP build process builds two "linking sets" - "base" (just the base
CLISP, no modules) and "full" (all modules).

$ ./configure --with-module=regexp --build build
$ cd build; make install

will create 2 subdirectories in /usr/local/lib/clisp/ -- base and full.
clisp (installed in /usr/local/bin) will run the image specified by the
-K option.
see http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes.html#modules 
-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
Read what the Arab leaders say to their people on <http://www.memri.org/>
The software said it requires Windows 3.1 or better, so I installed Linux.