Subject: [clisp-list] configure bu... feature

From: Peter Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 28 22:51:01 2002

Hi,

Specifying --with-noreadline to configure results in a suggestion to

'makemake --with-noreadline --with-readline [etc] > Makefile'

which is plainly nonsense.

Regards,
Peter

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 29 09:22:07 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] configure bu... feature"
> * Sent on Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:37:11 +0100
> * Honorable Peter Wood <[email-masked]> writes:
>

what about --without-readline?

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
Keep Jerusalem united! <http://www.onejerusalem.org/Petition.asp>
Read, think and remember! <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
Even Windows doesn't suck, when you use Common Lisp

---

From: Peter Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 29 12:50:24 2002

Hi,

> what about --without-readline?

um, no ...

To continue building CLISP, the following commands are recommended
(cf. unix/INSTALL step 4):
    cd WOR
    ./makemake  --without-readline --with-module=rl --with-readline --with-gettext --with-dynamic-ffi > Makefile

Sam, this is just a tiny, minor blemish.  Would you kindly, please,
confirm or deny my statement that the ffi is broken (def-call-in)?  I
am digging through ancient archives of clisp trying to discover where
it broke, and it is not ideal Friday night stuff.  I would appreciate
knowing that I have not just made some silly mistake, or that maybe
it's my gcc, or libc.

Can *you* get the sort example (example 29.5) in impnotes to build and
run?

Regards,
Peter

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 29 15:42:03 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "Re: [clisp-list] configure bu... feature"
> * Sent on Fri, 29 Mar 2002 21:33:13 +0100
> Would you kindly, please, confirm or deny my statement that the ffi is
> broken (def-call-in)?  I am digging through ancient archives of clisp
> trying to discover where it broke, and it is not ideal Friday night
> stuff.  I would appreciate knowing that I have not just made some
> silly mistake, or that maybe it's my gcc, or libc.
> 

I am not an FFI expert - Joerg is.
I hope he will address this.

I will try it though, when I have time.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
Keep Jerusalem united! <http://www.onejerusalem.org/Petition.asp>
Read, think and remember! <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
UNIX is a way of thinking.  Windows is a way of not thinking.