Subject: [clisp-list] threads

From: Christian Lynbech <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Dec 2000 08:34:16 +0100

I would like to know if there are any plans to work on the thread
support in CLISP.

As far as I can tell from the current thread stuff, some basic
support is there but nothing is exported to the lisp level.

How difficult will it be to be able to do some experiments? Real posix
threads may be tough, but would it be easier to enable some sort of
cooporative threading ala schemes call/cc?

------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Christian Lynbech       | Ericsson Telebit, Skanderborgvej 232, DK-8260 Viby J
Phone: +45 8938 5244    | email: [email-masked]
Fax:   +45 8938 5101    | web:   www.ericsson.com
------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
Hit the philistines three times over the head with the Elisp reference manual.
                                        - [email-masked] (Michael A. Petonic)

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Dec 2000 12:52:46 -0500

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] threads"
> * Sent on 06 Dec 2000 08:34:16 +0100
> * Honorable Christian Lynbech <[email-masked]> writes:
>

are you volunteering? :-)

> support is there but nothing is exported to the lisp level.

true.  Gilbert Baumann claimed that he could do some switching on the
lisp level a couple of years ago, but it never got polished enough to be
included into the main source tree.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
nobody's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session