Subject: [clisp-list] weird breakloop interaction with nt emacs

From: Kristoffer Kvello <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 18:57:09 +0100

I get this consistently with win32 clisp from 2000-03-06, running in nt 
emacs 20.7.1 on Windows NT 4.0, SP 6 both in a standard shell ("M-x shell") 
and with the run-lisp command running clisp in inferior-lisp mode (my setup 
is copied from the editors.txt file supplied with clisp):

[1]> hello

*** - EVAL: variable HELLO has no value
1. Break [2]> yesterday

*** - EVAL: variable YESTERDAY has no value
2. Break [3]> abort

1. Break [2]> abort

*** - EVAL: variable ABORT has no value
2. Break [4]>

It seems like the 'abort' will only bring me one level up regardless of how 
deep I am:

[1]> en

*** - EVAL: variable EN has no value
1. Break [2]> to

*** - EVAL: variable TO has no value
2. Break [3]> tre

*** - EVAL: variable TRE has no value
3. Break [4]> fire

*** - EVAL: variable FIRE has no value
4. Break [5]> abort

3. Break [4]> abort

*** - EVAL: variable ABORT has no value
4. Break [6]> abort

3. Break [4]> abort

*** - EVAL: variable ABORT has no value
4. Break [7]> abort

3. Break [4]> abort

*** - EVAL: variable ABORT has no value
4. Break [8]> abort

3. Break [4]>

Run from a standard dos shell, clisp behaves as I would expect i.e. each 
abort exits one level of the breakloop until I'm back in the normal toplevel.

---

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:54:16 +0100 (CET)

> *** - EVAL: variable ABORT has no value

Can you try to change the coding-system of the shell buffer from
xxxx-dos to xxxx-unix? The code which converts CR/LF to Newline in the
CLISP input streams is a bit hairy and can be easily confused.

Bruno

---

From: Kristoffer Kvello <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:46:09 +0100

>CLISP input streams is a bit hairy and can be easily confused.

That did the trick.  Thanks a lot!