Subject: [clisp-list] strings.erg

From: Pascal Bourguignon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 26 22:34:23 2003

After compiling the clisp from  CVS I got yesterday, there's one error
in the test cases:

$ cat /local/src/clisp/clisp/src/suite/*.erg

Form: (LET ((S (MAKE-ARRAY 10 :ELEMENT-TYPE 'CHARACTER :INITIAL-ELEMENT #\a))) (LIST (MULTIPLE-VALUE-LIST (SYSTEM::STRING-INFO S)) (PROGN (SETF (AREF S 3) (CODE-CHAR 12345)) (MULTIPLE-VALUE-LIST (SYSTEM::STRING-INFO S))) (PROGN (GC) (MULTIPLE-VALUE-LIST (SYSTEM::STRING-INFO S))) (PROGN (SETF (AREF S 3) (CODE-CHAR 123456)) (MULTIPLE-VALUE-LIST (SYSTEM::STRING-INFO S))) (PROGN (GC) (MULTIPLE-VALUE-LIST (SYSTEM::STRING-INFO S)))))
CORRECT: ((8 NIL NIL) (16 NIL T) (16 NIL NIL) (32 NIL T) (32 NIL NIL))
CLISP  : ((8 NIL NIL) (16 NIL T) (16 NIL T) (32 NIL T) (32 NIL T))

(It seems that the garbage  collector reallocate the strings while the
expected behavior was that it should not).

Is this begnin (a test case not  up to date perhaps) or does this need
more investigation?

-- 
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 27 06:44:10 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] strings.erg"
> * Sent on Thu, 27 Mar 2003 07:33:11 +0100 (CET)
> * Honorable Pascal Bourguignon <[email-masked]> writes:
>

<http://clisp.cons.org/wanted.html#unrealloc>

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat8 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Don't hit a man when he's down -- kick him; it's easier.