Subject: [clisp-list] cygwin clisip-2.32 and maxima

From: "Yadin Y. Goldschmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jan 6 12:51:03 2004

I tried to compile maxima with the new cygwin clisp 2.32 package and it gets
stuck on the file simp.fas saying the there is no package with the name
POSIX. When I type clisp --version it does not show the package SYSCALLS.
How can I compile maxima then?

Cheers, Yadin.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jan 6 13:06:01 2004

> * Yadin Y. Goldschmidt <[email-masked]> [2004-01-06 15:34:52 -0500]:
>
> I tried to compile maxima with the new cygwin clisp 2.32 package and
> it gets stuck on the file simp.fas saying the there is no package with
> the name POSIX. When I type clisp --version it does not show the
> package SYSCALLS.  How can I compile maxima then?

$ clisp -K full

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Let us remember that ours is a nation of lawyers and order.

---

From: Kaz Kylheku <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jan 6 13:41:06 2004

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Yadin Y. Goldschmidt wrote:

> Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 15:34:52 -0500
> From: Yadin Y. Goldschmidt <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [clisp-list] cygwin clisip-2.32 and maxima
> 

I have another issue with the clisp-2.32 Cygwin package. I just
subscribed to the cygwin mailing list to gripe about it. ;)

This CLISP is built with libsigsegv, but that lib is nowhere to be
installed. As a result, you can't build a custom link of CLISP; the
makevars calls for ``-lsigsegv'' which doesn't exist, and can't be
found among the packages.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jan 6 14:03:01 2004

> * Kaz Kylheku <[email-masked]> [2004-01-06 13:40:46 -0800]:
>

why don't you volunteer to maintain the cygwin libsigsegv package?
and, while you are there, also the cygwin clisp package. :-)

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
He who laughs last thinks slowest.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jan 8 08:42:05 2004

> subscribed to the cygwin mailing list to gripe about it. ;)
haven't see your message there.

> found among the packages.

why do you need this?
do you have your own modules?

Garbage In, Gospel Out

---

From: Kaz Kylheku <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jan 8 09:38:00 2004

> haven't see your message there.

Ah shoot; I forgot to re-submit it after dealing with their mailer's
anti-spam registration feature.