Subject: [clisp-list] Multithreading CLISP

From: Denis Bueno <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 15 09:58:07 2004

I would like to work on multithreading in CLISP, specifically the POSIX 
API, because I would like to use the capability for a project I'm 
working on. I have read doc/multithreading.txt, and looked at 
src/xthread.d and src/zthread.d. How can I help?

--
Denis Bueno
PGP: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0xA1B51B4B&op=index
"Quotation, n: The act of repeating erroneously the words of another." 
- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 15 10:18:03 2004

> * Denis Bueno <[email-masked]> [2004-06-15 12:56:47 -0400]:
>
> I would like to work on multithreading in CLISP, specifically the
> POSIX API, because I would like to use the capability for a project
> I'm working on. I have read doc/multithreading.txt, and looked at

1. subscribe to <clisp-devel>; I set Reply-to: there.

2. try configuring "./configure --with-threads=POSIX_THREADS"
   and fix the segfaults you will get on CALL-WITH-TIMEOUT.

3. I hope Bruno will offer more specific advice on implementing the
   missing functions in src/zthread.d

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.