Subject: [clisp-list] try the new ffi!

From: Peter Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 22 13:03:12 2002

Hi

Attached is a package containing some patches which enable an easy
build of Joerg Hoehle's new FFI for Clisp.  The package also contains
the files Joerg has posted to the list, so all you need to do is the
following:

1) Get CVS Clisp  at sourceforge.
2) cd clisp/
3) tar xvzf ffi-ext.tar.gz
4) sh do-patches

Then do a normal build, just adding '--with-ffi-ext' to your normal
./configure options.

There is a README in the package, which repeats the above
instructions, and also describes what the patches are, and lists the
files included in the package.

When the new clisp has built, you can try:

./lisp.run -q -M lispinit.mem

[1]> (load #"../src/ffi-ext-examples/dynex.lisp")

The new FFI is extremely cool, IMO.  If you experience problems, or
have suggestions, comments, send 'em to the list!

Have fun.

Regards,
Peter