Subject: [clisp-list] Problem building latest cvs using cygwin

From: Dan Stanger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 14 07:01:05 2002

After downloading the lastest cvs, and the following configure and
makemake I get the following error
when I build.  Can anyone offer any sugestions on this?
Thanks,
Dan Stanger

./configure --with-readline clisp-build
./makemake --with-readline --with-gettext --with-dynamic-ffi >Makefile

*** - READ from #<INPUT BUFFERED FILE-STREAM CHARACTER #P"type.lisp"
@285>: #<PACKAGE FFI> has no external symbol with name
"FOREIGN-FUNCTION"[error.d:304] cann
ot handle the fatal error due to a fatal error in the fatal error
handler!
Signal 11
make: *** [interpreted.mem] Error 139

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 14 07:25:29 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] Problem building latest cvs using cygwin"
> * Sent on Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:01:03 -0700
> * Honorable Dan Stanger <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> makemake I get the following error when I build.  Can anyone offer any
> sugestions on this?
> 

thanks for testing - just fixed this.
(for the curious: see src/ChangeLog and `cvs log type.lisp`)

[needless to repeat, but still - if you use a cvs CLISP - which you are
 encouraged if you are so brave - you should read clisp-devel and send
 complaints there, not here; if you were reading clisp-devel, you would
 have known more about the recent changes and might have even submitted
 a patch instead of a bug report.]

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
Keep Jerusalem united! <http://www.onejerusalem.org/Petition.asp>
Read, think and remember! <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there isn't any.