Subject: RE: [clisp-list] CLISP 2.30 compilation under cygwin errors.

From: Eric Moncrieff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Sep 17 06:25:02 2002

Arseny> Hello Eric,

    Arseny> Tuesday, September 17, 2002, 1:21:54 AM, you wrote:
    Eric> bash-2.05b$ mkdir build bash-2.05b$ ./configure build mkdir:
    Eric> cannot create directory
    Eric>
`/cygdrive/c/WINNT/Profiles/ericm/Personal/src/clisp-2.30/build/bindingsFIND
    Eric> :': No such file or directory

    Arseny> I'm not sure, but it may be CR/LF in sources (especially
    Arseny> in makefile or shell scripts). How did you get the sources
    Arseny> and if you downloaded it as packed file how did you unpack
    Arseny> it ? 

I obtained it in the usual way: To get through my company's proxy
server, I used Mozilla to download the sources from sf.net, then I 
unpacked them with:

bzip2 -dc clisp-2.30.tar.bz2 | tar xvf -

    Arseny> Ensure sources are containing 0x0A as line
    Arseny> separators, not 0x0D/0x0A.

I'll check this now.  Nope...Emacs hexl mode shows me just the 0A
at line ends, no 0Ds anywhere.  Or at least, 'configure' and 'lndir'
have the correct line endings.  Any other thoughts?  Has anyone on 
the list compiled successfully under cygwin?

Thanks for your input.

Eric

---

From: Arseny Slobodjuck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Sep 17 14:58:02 2002

Hello Eric,

> have the correct line endings.  Any other thoughts?

I seem to remember I had similar problem - windows find was in the
path. If the problem didn't gone try to kill find.exe
(it found at windows or windows\command).

>Has anyone on the list compiled successfully under cygwin?
Yes, regularly.

-- 
Best regards,
 Arseny

---

From: Reini Urban <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Sep 23 06:24:02 2002

> the list compiled successfully under cygwin?

Yes.
I even have a binary tar.gz to download at
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/autocad/lisp/cl/clisp/clisp-2.30-i686-unknown-cygwin32-1.3.12.tar.gz

looks to me that winnt\system32\find.exe is before cygwin\bin\find.exe 
in the path.

-- 
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/