Subject: [clisp-list] Should clisp 2.28 work with gcc 3.1

From: Karsten <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 19 09:44:03 2002

Hello,

I tried to compile clisp 2.28 (not current cvs) both on cygwin and redhat 
7.1. In both cases building interpreted.mem fails with a segfault.

Any ideas?

Karsten

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue May 21 06:45:05 2002

> I tried to compile clisp 2.28 (not current cvs) both on cygwin and
> redhat 7.1. In both cases building interpreted.mem fails with a segfault.

Bruno said on <clisp-devel>:
| FYI: When compiling clisp with gcc-3.1 on i386, with -O2 as usual, gcc
| miscompiles 4 source files. It's caused by at least two gcc bugs, one
| which occurs at -O2 and one already at -O.
|
| gcc-3.0.4 compiles clisp fine.

please ./configure --with-debug (this disables optimizations) or edit
your Makefile yourself.

thanks!

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
We're too busy mopping the floor to turn off the faucet.