Subject: [clisp-list] QSIM & clisp

From: Christof Bodner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 14 07:55:02 2003

Hi,

To be honest, I am not very experienced with LISP. But I want to use the
QSIM package (http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/qr/QR-software.html) with
clisp.

Following the qsim installation instructions, I get an error:
[1]> (load "start-nq.lisp")
;; Loading file start-nq.lisp ...
;;  Loading file /home/podex/temp/qsim/c-lisp/logical-pathnames.lisp ...
*** - SYSTEM::%FIND-PACKAGE: There is no package with name
"LOGICAL-PATHNAME"

Has anybody already installed this software package? Or can anybody give
me a hint on solving the error?

TIA,
Christof Bodner

P.S: clisp --version:
GNU CLISP 2.30 (released 2002-09-15) (built 3261911949) (memory
3261912089)
Features:
(CLOS LOOP COMPILER CLISP ANSI-CL COMMON-LISP LISP=CL INTERPRETER
SOCKETS
 GENERIC-STREAMS LOGICAL-PATHNAMES SCREEN UNICODE BASE-CHAR=CHARACTER
PC386
 UNIX)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote of the day:
Sauron is alive in Argentina!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
 Christof Bodner 
   Linux - Life is too short for reboots
         - First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they
           fight you(*). Then you win. -- Ghandi
---------------------------------------------------------------------
email: mailto:[email-masked]
Tel.:  +43-676-7215383
SMS.:  mailto:[email-masked]
ICQ:   22085157
---------------------------------------------------------------------
GnuPG public key: 8A265334
Fingerprint CF71 08D2 18B8 A824 37A5  B80E 0888 37E1 8A26 5334
---------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 14 08:55:08 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] QSIM & clisp"
> * Sent on 14 May 2003 16:53:20 +0200
> * Honorable Christof Bodner <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> To be honest, I am not very experienced with LISP. But I want to use
> the QSIM package (http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/qr/QR-software.html)
> with clisp.
> 

you need to contact the authors and make them upgrade their code to
ANSI CL.
Alternatively, you can do it yourself (or hire me to do it for you).

1. CLISP provides native LOGICAL-PATHNAMEs, so you probably do not need
   to load "logical-pathnames.lisp"

2. CLISP has :ANSI-CL but not :CLTL2 in *FEATURES*, so you will need to
   go through their code replacing :CLTL2 with (OR :ANSI-CL :CLTL2), or
   you will have to do (PUSHNEW :CLTL2 *FEATURES*) in CLISP.

3. things like (in-package 'User) in sys-site/nq.system are cltl1, so
   yo will need to fix them to (in-package User) or (in-package "User")

   maybe more...
   
-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat9 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
What garlic is to food, insanity is to art.