Subject: [clisp-list] Using docbook for CLOS

From: Aurelio Bignoli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Mar 9 07:41:09 2003

The following message has been posted to the Docbook mailing
list. Maybe the maintainers of CLISP documentation could be interested.

> From: Henrik Motakef <[email-masked]>
> Sender: [email-masked]
> To: james anderson <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: using docbook for CLOS
> Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 23:05:20 +0100
> 
> james anderson <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > is anyone using docbook to encode documentation for clos-based systems?
> 
> The SBCL folks use docbook for their documentation, maybe one of them
> can help.
> 
> IIRC, they are not all too happy with it, and CLOS might be a reason
> why. Incidentally, I recently started to think about extending docbook
> to be a better fit for CL documentation, but a) I don't know if it's a
> good idea yet, b) I don't really have anything to show (I'm not
> exactly a docbook god, a cl-docbook would serve the two goals of
> helping me document CL stuff and learning more about docbook at the
> same time for me).
> 
> Regards
> Henrik

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Mar 9 11:24:05 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "Using docbook for CLOS"
> * Sent on Sun, 9 Mar 2003 16:34:13 +0100
> * Honorable Aurelio Bignoli <[email-masked]> writes:
>

I read that mailing list via Gmane but I cannot post because it is a
closed mailing list (and I no longer subscribe to non-mailman mailing
lists because I do not have the time and inclination to figure out the
commands of every idiosyncratic mailing list handler - ezml/majordomo &c...)

If you are subscribed, please send them the following note:

CLISP uses DocBook/XML for its implementation notes.
See
<http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes.html>
<http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/>
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/clisp/clisp/doc/>

CLOCC/cllib/clhs.lisp generates DocBook/XML entities, see
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/clisp/clisp/doc/clhs-ent.xml>
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/clocc/etc/clhs-ent.xml>
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/clocc/src/cllib/clhs.lisp>

Thanks.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat8 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Those who value Life above Freedom are destined to lose both.

---

From: Raymond Toy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 11 05:47:10 2003

>>>>> "Sam" == Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:

    >> list. Maybe the maintainers of CLISP documentation could be

    Sam> I read that mailing list via Gmane but I cannot post because it is a
    Sam> closed mailing list (and I no longer subscribe to non-mailman mailing

Hmm, I do the same, but use a newsreader to access the list.  On the
first posting, I have to authenticate myself once to Gmane by
responding to it's e-mail request, but once authenticated, I no longer
have to.

Ray

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 11 06:43:10 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "Re: [clisp-list] Re: Using docbook for CLOS"
> * Sent on 11 Mar 2003 08:46:02 -0500
> * Honorable Raymond Toy <[email-masked]> writes:
>

yes, I do too, but the docbook mailing lists are marked "read-only" and
gmane refuses to post there:

You have tried posting to gmane.text.docbook.misc, which is a non-public
mailing list.  Gmane can therefore not send this message
to that mailing list.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat8 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
If abortion is murder, then oral sex is cannibalism.

---

From: Raymond Toy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 11 06:47:10 2003

>>>>> "Sam" == Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:

    Sam> yes, I do too, but the docbook mailing lists are marked "read-only" and
    Sam> gmane refuses to post there:

    Sam> You have tried posting to gmane.text.docbook.misc, which is a non-public
    Sam> mailing list.  Gmane can therefore not send this message
    Sam> to that mailing list.

Sorry, my fault.  I misunderstood what list was being discussed.  I
don't read that.

Oops! :-)

Ray