Subject: [clisp-list] Re[2]: Need help to use Chinese Character..

From: Arseny Slobodjuck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Sep 25 23:37:01 2002

Hi,

Thursday, September 26, 2002, 12:15:56 PM, you wrote:

>    Do you mean use the LanguageCode ,for example
>    Danish                       DAN 
>    Dutch (Standard)     NLD 
>    Belgian (Flemish)    NLB 
>    American                     ENU   .......
No, one language can have a number of codepages.

>    My  *terminal-encoding* is
>     #<ENCODING CHARSET:ISO-8859-1 :DOS>

>     What should I do next?
All right, now please run this to investigate what codepage your
system using for console:

(print (dir-key-single-value :win32
  "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\NLS\\CODEPage" "OEMCP"))

Seems that clisp don't know codepage you using. Last version (2.30)
was compiled with very limited set of codepages, but 2.29 should
understand much more. I just read that there is two Chinese codepages
: 936 (PRC, Singapore) and 950 (Taiwan; Hong Kong SAR, PRC). Clisp
2.29 (more precisely, libiconv library built in it) knows 950, but
don't know 936 (and defaults to ISO-8859-1).

Error message seems strange altough. What do you tried to enter, a
string, a character or maybe you tried to name a variable in Chinese ?

Let us discuss this in list, maybe other users have the same problem
too (please make carbon copies to clisp-list).

-- 
Best regards,
 Arseny