Subject: [clisp-list] Building regexp package

From: "John K. Hinsdale" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 26 10:27:04 2002

I'm having trouble getting access to the REGEXP pacakge that comes
with CLISP.  I ran the build and it appeared to compile the source but
Lisp doesn't seem to "see" the package:

	[1]> (use-package "REGEXP")
	
	*** - There is no package with name "REGEXP"
	1. Break [2]> 

I noticed there is an executable, "src/full/lisp.run" and when I run
that (w/ args "-M lispinit.mem") then I *can* get the package.  But
this "fuller" Lisp is not what got installed in my public directory
when I did the "make install"

Am I missing something?  Do I have to somehow tell the build that I
want the "full" install?  I expected that to just happen as an effect
of my having asked for the add-on(s).

BTW, I did "makemake" as below.

Thanks in advance.

./makemake                                      \
       --with-readline                          \
       --with-dynamic-ffi                       \
       --with-dynamic-modules                   \
       --with-export-syscalls                   \
       --with-module=wildcard                   \
       --with-module=regexp                     \
       --with-module=bindings/linuxlibc6        \
        debug                                   \
        > Makefile

---
John Hinsdale, Alma Mater Software, Inc., Tarrytown, NY 10591-3710 USA
[email-masked] | http://www.alma.com/staff/hin | +1 914 631 4690

---

From: Kaz Kylheku <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 26 10:38:02 2002

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, John K. Hinsdale wrote:
> Am I missing something?

Maybe you are not selecting the ``full'' linkkit using the -k command
line option? Are you running

	clisp -K full 

?

> Do I have to somehow tell the build that I

No, the add-ons are in ``-K full''. Without that, you get the vanilla
CLISP.

---

From: "John K. Hinsdale" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 26 12:11:15 2002

>> But this "fuller" Lisp is not what got installed in my public
   >> directory when I did the "make install" Am I missing something?

 > line option? Are you running

kaz,thanks.  that was exactly my problem.