Subject: [clisp-list] Problem with Windows98: SYSTEM::%EXPAND-FORM: invalid form (".BA T")

From: "Ribeiro, Glauber" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:28:02 -0700

Hello,

i just installed the latest version of CLISP (2.25.1) in my Windows 98
machine. I used the pre-compiled binary from the CLISP Web site.

I have 2 problems:

(1) when installing, when i do (load "src/config.fas"), it complains that
i'm overwriting the CLHS-ROOT function, and drops me in the debugger.

If i get past this problem, then

(2) when i run specifying a file in the command-line 
(for example: clisp file.lisp), i get the following error:
SYSTEM::%EXPAND-FORM: invalid form (".BAT")
and instead of executing the file, CLISP puts me in the read-eval loop.
If i (load "file.lisp") in the read-eval loop, it works fine.

I'm suspecting that this is happening in init.lisp, but i'm not sure.

It doesn't make any difference if i run clisp from my .bat file or if i run
the lisp.exe -M lispinit.mem directly.

Has anyone else seen these problems? Any solutions?

glauber

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Apr 2001 18:00:29 -0400

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] Problem with Windows98:  SYSTEM::%EXPAND-FORM: invalid form (".BA T")"
> * Sent on Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:28:02 -0700
> * Honorable "Ribeiro, Glauber" <[email-masked]> writes:
>

I think this is fixed in the current sources.

> If i (load "file.lisp") in the read-eval loop, it works fine.

I just fixed this in the CVS.

Thanks for reporting the bug.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
Read what the Arab leaders say to their people on <http://www.memri.org/>
main(a){printf(a,34,a="main(a){printf(a,34,a=%c%s%c,34);}",34);}