Subject: [clisp-list] Small feature idea.

From: Kaz Kylheku <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Nov 5 13:29:01 2001

It would be nice to guard against bailing out of the current
read-eval-print loop (and hence out of clisp, if in the topmost one)
when some evaluated input function has received an EOF indication
from the terminal. E.g. currently we get behavior like:

    [1]> (read t nil)
    NIL  <- typed ctrl-D here
    oops-system-prompt:~$ _

The EOF condition is not cleared, and so is visible to the
read-eval-print.

As a workaround, it seems that clear-input has the effect of
removing the EOF indication:

     (progn (read t nil)(clear-input t))

Perhaps this clearing should be done implicitly, the same way it is done
when you use an EOF indication to bail out of a nested read-eval-print
loop?

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Nov 5 13:50:03 2001

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] Small feature idea."
> * Sent on Mon, 5 Nov 2001 13:28:02 -0800 (PST)
> * Honorable Kaz Kylheku <[email-masked]> writes:
>

this has already been fixed in the sources (2001-10-15)
thanks.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Keep Jerusalem united! <http://www.onejerusalem.org/Petition.asp>
Read, think and remember! <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

---

From: Kaz Kylheku <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Nov 6 00:34:23 2001

> this has already been fixed in the sources (2001-10-15)

Cool. I guess I'm not building sufficiently close on the bleeding
edge here.  

By the way, that little e-mail you got is generated by a mail cookie
program that I recently hacked up in Lisp, running on CLISP.

If you are ticked off at getting all this auto-generated crap from me,
I hope that provides some consolation. ;)

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Nov 6 06:53:06 2001

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "Re: [clisp-list] Small feature idea."
> * Sent on Mon, 5 Nov 2001 21:00:36 -0800 (PST)

I consider this system to be rude.
I will not send any mail to you in the future.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Keep Jerusalem united! <http://www.onejerusalem.org/Petition.asp>
Read, think and remember! <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
If I had known that it was harmless, I would have killed it myself.