Subject: [clisp-list] (no subject)

From: Matthew Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jul 24 23:36:02 2002

makemake "--with-dynamic-ffi --with-dynamic-modules
--with-export-syscalls --with-module=wildcard
--with-module=regexp --with-module=bindings/linuxlibc6
--with-module=clx/new-clx --prefix=/usr"
make config.lisp

produces the compile time error:

http://www.gentoo.org/~mkennedy/clisp.txt

-- 
Matthew Kennedy
Gentoo Linux Developer

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 25 06:03:03 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] (no subject)"
> * Sent on 25 Jul 2002 01:35:30 -0500
> * Honorable Matthew Kennedy <[email-masked]> writes:
>

thanks.  what platform are you using?  gcc version?  libc version?
did you look at <http://www.gnu.org/software/clisp/clisp.html#bugs>?

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.3 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Single tasking: Just Say No.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 25 11:21:02 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "Re: [clisp-list] (no subject)"
> * Sent on 25 Jul 2002 12:58:30 -0500
> $ gcc -v
> gcc version 3.1

This is a known (reported) bug in gcc 3.1.
A workaround for this bug is to compile CLISP using

$ CC='gcc -fno-gcse' ./configure .....

> Gentoo Linux Developer

who maintains <http://www.gentoo.org/packages/dev-lisp/clisp.html>?
they should refer to <http://clisp.cons.org> which is the official site
(others are just mirrors).

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.3 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
non-smoking section in a restaurant == non-peeing section in a swimming pool

---

From: Matthew Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 25 11:32:03 2002

> did you look at <http://www.gnu.org/software/clisp/clisp.html#bugs>?

Hi. attached is the complete script file. the platform is x86 Gentoo
GNU/Linux. The compiler is 

$ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.1/specs
Configured with: /var/tmp/portage/gcc-3.1-r8/work/gcc-3.1/configure
--prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info
--enable-shared --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--target=i686-pc-linux-gnu --enable-threads=posix --enable-long-long
--enable-cstdio=stdio --enable-clocale=generic --disable-checking
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/g++-v31
--with-local-prefix=/usr/local --with-system-zlib --enable-shared
--enable-nls --without-included-gettext
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.1

Using glibc-2.2.5, linux 2.4.18

$ uname -a
Linux foo.shacknet.nu 2.4.19-gentoo-r7 #1 Tue Jul 9 18:22:06 CDT 2002
i686 GenuineIntel

-- 
Matthew Kennedy
Gentoo Linux Developer

---

From: Matthew Kennedy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 25 16:03:01 2002

> (others are just mirrors).

Sam,

Thanks, I'll try that out.

Matt

-- 
Matthew Kennedy
Gentoo Linux Developer

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jul 26 05:53:04 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * Sent on 25 Jul 2002 18:02:05 -0500

2.29 included a patch that makes this unnecessary

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.3 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Lottery is a tax on statistics ignorants.  MS is a tax on computer-idiots.