Subject: [clisp-list] how to exectute a load command in a certain directory

From: Joe Corneli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Mar 28 21:10:01 2004

In the CLOCC CL.ENVIRONMENT installation notes, they say this:

 Load the file named 'load-cl-environment.lisp'.

       (load "load-cl-environment.lisp")

 Be careful about the directory you are in and/or the actual location
 of the aforementioned file.  The package is actually loaded from the
 directory of *LOAD-TRUENAME* as bound by the call to LOAD.

Can you offer advice on how to get CLISP to think I'm in the working
directory?  A sort of `save-excursion' to temporarily set the
working directory?

---

From: Marco Antoniotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 29 06:46:16 2004

> directory?  A sort of `save-excursion' to temporarily set the

The latest version of CL-ENVIRONMENT should take care of that 
automagically.  I.e. if you do

	(load "[Path,to]load-cl-environment.lisp")

on a VMS system, it should actually set the internal logical pathnames 
hosts correctly (check the CL-ENV-LIBRARY host after loading the file)

Cheers

Marco

--
Marco Antoniotti					http://bioinformatics.nyu.edu
NYU Courant Bioinformatics Group		tel. +1 - 212 - 998 3488
715 Broadway 10th FL				fax. +1 - 212 - 998 3484
New York, NY, 10003, U.S.A.