Subject: [clisp-list] Re: Compiling CLISP on MacOSX

From: Ryan Mullen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Sep 30 15:25:05 2003

I followed james anderson's info in his email on 8/26/03 on how to 
build CLISP but am still running into troubles.  I cannot use the 
official 2.31 build but rather only daily snapshots for one.  And then 
when I think I almost have it, I get this error:

cd src ; aclocal --acdir=m4 --output=autoconf/aclocal.m4
cd src; autoconf 
--include=/Users/blugel/Ports/clisp-2003-09-30/src/autoconf
autoconf: invalid option 
--include=/Users/blugel/Ports/clisp-2003-09-30/src/autoconf
Try `autoconf --help' for more information.
make[1]: *** [src/configure] Error 1
make: *** [../src/VERSION] Error 2
[~/Ports/clisp-2003-09-30/withDec2002gcc]$

I have tried what I can to figure this out but I just don't know 
enough.  I am trying to get CLISP running for a class on programming 
languages I am taking.  Any help on getting this finally installed 
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

ryan

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Sep 30 17:59:02 2003

> * Ryan Mullen <[email-masked]> [2003-09-30 17:24:12 -0500]:
>
> I followed james anderson's info in his email on 8/26/03 on how to build
> CLISP but am still running into troubles.  I cannot use the official
> 2.31 build but rather only daily snapshots for one.  And then when I
> think I almost have it, I get this error:
> 

you probably have an old autoconf version.

> [~/Ports/clisp-2003-09-30/withDec2002gcc]$

$ touch src/configure

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Only adults have difficulty with child-proof caps.