Subject: [clisp-list] Emacs directory not in Windows distribution

From: Bill Clementson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Feb 19 07:30:02 2002

I am preparing a set of instructions for setting up a Lisp development environment on Windows with configuration information for clisp/ilisp, acl/eli, corman/eshell & lw/ilisp for the Common Lisp Cookbook. One thing that I encountered when setting up clisp on Windows is that the standard clisp distribution for Windows doesn't contain the emacs directory. This means that (in order for a Windows user to get the clisp-indent.el program), it is necessary to either download the clisp source distribution or get the clisp-indent.el program from CVS. For the time being, I have included instructions detailing how to get the clisp-indent.el program from CVS; however, it would probably be a good idea to include the emacs directory in the standard clisp Windows distribution as well.

--

Bill Clementson

---------------------------------
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Sports - Coverage of the 2002 Olympic Games

---

From: lin8080 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Feb 20 11:15:07 2002

Bill Clementson schrieb:

> I am preparing a set of instructions for setting up a Lisp development
> environment on Windows with configuration information for clisp/ilisp,
> acl/eli, corman/eshell & lw/ilisp for the Common Lisp Cookbook. One
> thing that I encountered when setting up clisp on Windows is that the
> standard clisp distribution for Windows doesn't contain the emacs
> directory. This means that (in order for a Windows user to get the
> clisp-indent.el program), it is necessary to either download the clisp
> source distribution or get the clisp-indent.el program from CVS. For
> the time being, I have included instructions detailing how to get the
> clisp-indent.el program from CVS; however, it would probably be a good
> idea to include the emacs directory in the standard clisp Windows
> distribution as well.

This will enlarge the download time. A seperate link to emacs a
distribution is a better solution, so you can download the newest
version. I have clisp on windows here, but I do not want emacs.

stefan

---

From: [email-masked] (Dr. Edmund Weitz)
Date: Wed Feb 20 11:30:46 2002

> version. I have clisp on windows here, but I do not want emacs.

Nobody wanted to include Emacs with CLISP. Bill was talking about four
very small files, see

  <http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/clisp/clisp/emacs/>

You wouldn't notice a difference even with a slow modem.

Edi.

-- 

Dr. Edmund Weitz
Hamburg
Germany

The Common Lisp Cookbook
<http://cl-cookbook.sourceforge.net/>

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Feb 20 12:28:47 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "Re: [clisp-list] Emacs directory not in Windows distribution"
> * Sent on 20 Feb 2002 20:29:22 +0100
> * Honorable [email-masked] (Dr. Edmund Weitz) writes:
>
> Nobody wanted to include Emacs with CLISP.

actually.... :-)

> Bill was talking about four very small files, see

the _three_ files will be included with the next release.
(d-mode.el is for developers only - we do not ship any *.d files with
the binaries anyway).

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
Keep Jerusalem united! <http://www.onejerusalem.org/Petition.asp>
Read, think and remember! <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
My inferiority complex is not as good as yours.