Subject: [clisp-list] Another Question (re: clisp rpm)

From: Thomas Goodsell <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Jul 00 16:18:39 EDT

I've another question.  I installed the clisp-2000.03.06-1mdk rpm (from
rpmfind.net) and it's giving me fits.  When I run /usr/bin/clisp, I get this
lovely message:
/usr/bin/clisp: /var/tmp/clisp-buildroot/usr/lib/clisp/base/lisp.run: No such
file or directory

I can start things up manually, using lisp.run -M lispinit.mem, but that's a
pain.  I can also compile and install from source and have everything run
nicely.  I'd really like to keep the RPM, though (I like package systems). 
I'm guessing I need to recreate the /usr/bin/clisp binary.  Is there any way
to do this without source?  How should it be done (with or without source)?

Thanks,
Thom

____________________________________________________________________
Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1

---

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:25:11 +0200 (CEST)

> nicely.  I'd really like to keep the RPM, though (I like package systems).

The above message is a reason to dislike package systems, isn't it?

> to do this without source?  How should it be done (with or without source)?

Try the following commands:

    sed -e 's%/var/tmp/clisp-buildroot%////////////////////////%g' \
       < /usr/bin/clisp > /usr/bin/clisp.new
    chmod a+rx /usr/bin/clisp.new
    mv /usr/bin/clisp.new /usr/bin/clisp

Bruno

---

From: Paolo Amoroso <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:31:51 +0200

> rpmfind.net) and it's giving me fits.  When I run /usr/bin/clisp, I get this
[...]
> nicely.  I'd really like to keep the RPM, though (I like package systems). 

The main advantage of package systems is that you can remove the whole
thing without keeping track of where things are installed. However,
something similar can be obtained with a source distribution. Just run the
configure script with the option:

  --prefix=/usr/local/clisp  # or your favorite directory

and create a symbolic link from a directory in your path (e.g.
/usr/local/bin) to the CLISP executable (or just add the CLISP bin
directory to your path). When you need to remove that version of CLISP,
just do:

  rm -rf /usr/local/clisp

Paolo
-- 
EncyCMUCLopedia * Extensive collection of CMU Common Lisp documentation
http://cvs2.cons.org:8000/cmucl/doc/EncyCMUCLopedia/