Subject: [clisp-list] CLISP 2.30 compilation under cygwin errors.

From: Eric Moncrieff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Sep 16 08:15:02 2002

Hello,

I'm trying to compile CLISP 2.30 under WinNT4.0 with cygwin,
and encountering the following error:

bash-2.05b$ mkdir build
bash-2.05b$ ./configure build
mkdir: cannot create directory
`/cygdrive/c/WINNT/Profiles/ericm/Personal/src/clisp-2.30/build/bindingsFIND
:': No such file or directory

The problem seems to be in the src/lndir script, with which I can
reproduce the error message:

bash-2.05b$ src/lndir modules/bindings
/cygdrive/c/WINNT/Profiles/ericm/Personal/src/clisp-2.30/build/bindings
mkdir: cannot create directory
`/cygdrive/c/WINNT/Profiles/ericm/Personal/src/clisp-2.30/build/bindingsFIND
:': No such file or directory

Is there something obvious I've missed in the build instructions, or 
is build under Cygwin unsupported...Or is it something else entirely?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Eric Moncrieff

---

From: Arseny Slobodjuck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Sep 16 16:07:04 2002

Hello Eric,

Tuesday, September 17, 2002, 1:21:54 AM, you wrote:

Eric> bash-2.05b$ mkdir build
Eric> bash-2.05b$ ./configure build
Eric> mkdir: cannot create directory
Eric> `/cygdrive/c/WINNT/Profiles/ericm/Personal/src/clisp-2.30/build/bindingsFIND
Eric> :': No such file or directory

Eric> Anyone have any thoughts?
I'm not sure, but it may be CR/LF in sources (especially in makefile
or shell scripts). How did you get the sources and if you downloaded
it as packed file how did you unpack it ? Ensure sources are
containing 0x0A as line separators, not 0x0D/0x0A.

-- 
Best regards,
 Arseny                            mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Sep 17 06:28:12 2002

> * In message <9160B867AADDD311AE7900C04F0649BB267258@IS~MAIL>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] CLISP 2.30 compilation under cygwin errors."
> * Sent on Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:21:54 -0400
> * Honorable Eric Moncrieff <[email-masked]> writes:
>

$ rm -rf build
$ ./configure build

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.3 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...