Subject: [clisp-list] Bug Report: clisp accepts, as accessor to object, name that conflicts with build-in function

From: Will Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jun 15 09:45:02 2002

Reported via the Debian BTS:

Received: (at maintonly) by bugs.debian.org; 5 Jun 2002 16:11:15 +0000
>From [email-masked] Wed Jun 05 11:11:15 2002
18:08:48 +0200
Received: from honza by localhost with local (Exim 3.32 #1 (Debian))
        id 17FJzf-0000UW-00
        for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 04 Jun 2002 21:29:23 +0200
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 21:29:23 +0200
From: Jan Gregor <[email-masked]>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <[email-masked]>
Subject: clisp accepts, as accessor to object, name that conflicts with 
build-in function
Reply-To: [email-masked]

Package: clisp
Version: 1:2.27-0.5
Severity: wishlist

I wrote in clisp program that defines class with accessor to one of its
slots called type. I tried to run this program under Harlequin Lisp and
Alegro. Both reported an error, Harlequin said that type conflicts with 
function visible from COMMON-LISP.
This seems to me that clisp dont check accessor names with build-in
functions.

-- System Information
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Architecture: i386
Kernel: Linux pisidlo 2.4.18 #1 Tue Jun 4 12:08:32 CEST 2002 i686
Locale: LANG=cs_CZ, LC_CTYPE=cs_CZ

Versions of packages clisp depends on:
ii  libc6                    2.2.5-4         GNU C Library: Shared libraries 
an
ii  libncurses5              5.2.20020112a-7 Shared libraries for terminal 
hand

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jun 15 10:06:04 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] Bug Report: clisp accepts, as accessor to object, name that conflicts with build-in function"
> * Sent on Sat, 15 Jun 2002 17:46:58 +0100
> * Honorable Will Newton <[email-masked]> writes:
>

this has been fixed in the release 2.28 with introduction of package
locking.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they AREN'T after you.