Subject: [clisp-list] Stack overflow with a hash table

From: Erik Karlsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 26 13:38:24 2004

Hi,

I'm quite new with the Common Lisp. When programming a small progam with 
the CLISP I encountered a "Program Stack overflow. Reset" error when using 
the hash tables. The code is something like this:

(defstruct (object)
  (name)
  (table))

(defun create-obj-with-hash (name)
  (make-object :name name :table (make-hash-table :test 'equal)))

(defvar obj1 (create-obj-with-hash "some name"))

Now if I do the folowing thing a stack overflow error is thrown:

(object-table obj1)

I use CLISP 2.33.1 on Windows XP. Does anybody have an idea what could be 
wrong with the last call.

Thanks allready,

- erik

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 26 14:36:16 2004

> * Erik Karlsson <[email-masked]> [2004-07-26 23:37:29 +0300]:
>
> I use CLISP 2.33.1 on Windows XP.

WFM.

> Does anybody have an idea

<http://clisp.cons.org/faq.html#stack>

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood."          -- George S. Patton