Subject: [clisp-list] compiling 2.28 on Mac OS X

From: "Jeremiah T. Isaacs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jun 23 16:00:01 2002

I am trying to compile clisp 2.28 on Mac OS X and having little luck.  
Also I have not found any notes about how/who created the 2.27 binary 
distribution, and what kind of wand was used to get it to compile.

One item of note (perhaps I should be sending to the devel list?) the
platforms file should be updated in that I _think_ it is mentioning MAc OS
X Server 1.x, and not 10.x.  It currently has no mention of a version
number at all.

I can of course send more details if needed.  Following the instructions 
ends with:

<snip menorah>

;; Loading file defseq.lisp ...
;; Loading of file defseq.lisp is finished.
;; Loading file backquote.lisp ...
;; Loading of file backquote.lisp is finished.
;; Loading file defmacro.lisp ...
;; Loading of file defmacro.lisp is finished.
;; Loading file macros1.lisp ...
;; Loading of file macros1.lisp is finished.
;; Loading file macros2.lisp ...
;; Loading of file macros2.lisp is finished.
;; Loading file defs1.lisp ...
;; Loading of file defs1.lisp is finished.
;; Loading file places.lisp ...make: *** [interpreted.mem] Segmentation 
fault

-- 
	http://www.io.com/~jti
	Faru cian volon, estu la tuta legx.
	Amo estas la legxo, amo laux vol.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 24 07:08:03 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] compiling 2.28 on Mac OS X"
> * Sent on Sun, 23 Jun 2002 17:59:02 -0500 (CDT)
> * Honorable "Jeremiah T. Isaacs" <[email-masked]> writes:
>

Josh Flowers <[email-masked]> built it, as clearly indicated in
 <ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/clisp/release/2.27/README> and
 <ftp://ftp2.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/2.27/README>.

BTW, Josh, could you please build 2.28 too?

> I can of course send more details if needed.  Following the
> instructions ends with:
> 
> <snip menorah>
> 

sorry, this does not cut it as a bug report.
<http://clisp.cons.org/clisp.html#bugs>

PS.  Jeremiah, would you like to translate CLISP messages to Esperanto? :-)

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

---

From: "Jeremiah T. Isaacs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 24 08:01:46 2002

>  <ftp://ftp2.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/2.27/README>.

thanks, didn't look there, just in the actual distribution.

David Carothers sent me the hint that ulimit would help, and it ended up 
being simply that I needed to enter 'unlimit' before starting the 'make'.  
It compiled and passed 'make test'.

> <http://clisp.cons.org/clisp.html#bugs>

i didnt think i had a bug, just trying to get it to work.  Updating the
unix/PLATFORMS file to mention this might save someone else some time
though.  Mac OS X 10.1.5: enter 'unlimit' before building.

> PS.  Jeremiah, would you like to translate CLISP messages to Esperanto? :-)

I was thinking about it actually.  there are always more things I want to 
do than time, but I just may try.  

thanks - jeremiah