Subject: [clisp-list] Re: fink/clisp

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Sep 17 06:39:07 2003

> * Matthias Neeracher <[email-masked]> [2003-09-16 17:58:15 -0700]:
>
> I've succeeded in building the new release; I thought I'd let you know
> about some issues I encountered. (I'll hold off on checking the update
> into fink until maxima is updated, since that seems to have a binary
> dependency on clisp).

good.

> 1) I couldn't make dynamic-ffi build, because the whole avcall
> business failed to build. I'm a bit at a loss in how to make it work,
> and can't really assess how important it would be to have this feature
> available. Any thoughts on this?

it is known that avcall does not work on mac os x.
it would be very nice if you could port it.

> 2) I needed to make two patches. One is a bit heavy handed and rather
> platform dependent: To build under fink, I need to be able to pass in
> external LDFLAGS to the linking:

thanks, I will check in something based on this.

> The other fixes what I believe to be a bug: If --without-dynamic-ffi is
> specified, but a dlxxx header exists on the system, compilation failed:

thanks, this is already in the CVS.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Those who value Life above Freedom are destined to lose both.