Subject: [clisp-list] win32 - testing228 part2

From: lin8080 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 29 11:12:06 2002

Hallo

After I have problemes with path-names during install the winzip with
clisp 2.28 I delete all lisp from my hd (include the registry) and did a
reboot. Then I extrakt the zip-file to c:\. This build a Path
"c:\clisp-2.28" and extract all data there. Start lisp.exe via win-start
and run 
c:\clisp-2.28\lisp.exe -M lispinit.mem

Then I follow exactly the text in the readme.de (with no changes in
config.lisp) and do a (compile-file "src/config.lisp"). This returned:

** - Continuable Error
INTERN("FILE"): #<PACKAGE EXT> is locked
If you continue (by typing 'continue'): Ignore the lock and proceed
1.Break EXT[2]> continue

Compilation of file C:\CLISP-2.28\src\config.fas is finished.
0 errors, 0 warnings
#P"C:\\CLISP-2.28\\src\\config.fas" ;
NIL ;
NIL
[3]> (load "src/config.fas")
:: Loading file src\config.fas ...
** - Continuable Error
DEFUN/DEFMACRO(SHORT-SITE-NAME): #<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP> is locked
If you continue (by typing 'continue'): Ignore the lock and proceed
1.Break EXT[4]> continue

** - Continuable Error
DEFUN/DEFMACRO(LONG-SITE-NAME): #<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP> is locked
If you continue (by typing 'continue'): Ignore the lock and proceed
1.Break EXT[5]> continue

** - Continuable Error
DEFUN/DEFMACRO(EDITOR-NAME): #<PACKAGE EXT> is locked
If you continue (by typing 'continue'): Ignore the lock and proceed
1.Break EXT[6]> continue

** - Continuable Error
DEFUN/DEFMACRO(EDITOR-TEMPFILE): #<PACKAGE EXT> is locked
If you continue (by typing 'continue'): Ignore the lock and proceed
1.Break EXT[7]> continue

** - Continuable Error
DEFUN/DEFMACRO(EDIT-FILE): #<PACKAGE EXT> is locked
If you continue (by typing 'continue'): Ignore the lock and proceed
1.Break EXT[8]> continue

** - Continuable Error
DEFUN/DEFMACRO(CLHS-ROOT): #<PACKAGE EXT> is locked
If you continue (by typing 'continue'): Ignore the lock and proceed
1.Break EXT[9]> continue

;; Loading of file src\config.fas is finished.
T
[10]> (saveinitmem) 

[pathname.d:6265]
*** - Win32 error 2 (ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND): The system cannot find the
file specified
1.Break [11]> abort
 
[12]> *load-paths*
(#P"C:" #P"C:\\CLISP\\**\\")
[13]> (exit)

This is nice :). 

Going back, (delete 1 registry-entry and the extracted files and reboot)
to a new start-point and start install.bat, better execute the command:
c:\clisp\lisp.exe -M lispinit.mem -norc -C src/install.lisp
makes a nice icon on my desktop, doubleclick does open a msg-box:
"cannot find the working folder for this programm ..."
This was fixed manually (it uses old datas, the old paths were deleted)
... so after about 2 houers of playing around, I went outside, sun is
shining.

stefan