Subject: [clisp-list] broken http inspect server on win32

From: "Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Apr 23 06:25:08 2002

Hi,

>please try the appended patch.
>keep-alive was disabled since it requires computing the content-length
>in characters which is hard to achieve due to CR/LF &c.

Then the HTTP header becomes part of the displayed text. Furthermore,
Netscape says 2 bytes read (I see much more in the window) and
the animation shows that it's still trying to load something.

HTTP/1.0 200 OK Content-type: text/html Content-length: 1061 Connection: keep-alive 

atom

    type: PACKAGE 
    class: #1=#<BUILT-IN-CLASS PACKAGE> 

#<PACKAGE SYSTEM>

> you are not using the "reply" feature of your mailer (or it 
> is broken),
It may well be. It's MS-Outlook. Here I hit "reply to all" -- does it work?
Don't ask me to use another mailer. There are lots of things which I cannot
change in the company I'm working at. Fours years ago, when I came to it,
I accepted to have to sit in front of a PeeCee (after >10 years experience
with nicer systems). There were other freedoms for compensation.
I'm sorry, I didn't find a "set line-length to 72 or some such" in this
stupid mailer (MS-Outlook 2000). I believe I had seen one in the previous
one (MS-Outlook-97).
So I've been adding line-breaks by hand lately.

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle.