Subject: [clisp-list] GET-INTERNAL-RUN-TIME

From: "Justice, Randy -CONT(DYN)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:04:34 -0500

According to
http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Body/fun_get-internal-run-time.html

Description:

Returns as an integer the current run time in internal time units. The
precise meaning of this quantity is implementation-defined; it may measure
real time, run time, CPU cycles, or some other quantity. The intent is that
the difference between the values of two calls to this function be the
amount of time between the two calls during which computational effort was
expended on behalf of the executing program. 

How can I determine "what" GET-INTERNAL-RUN-TIME measures?

Thanks in advance

Randy

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Cohen)
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:21:19 -0700 (PDT)

> How can I determine "what" GET-INTERNAL-RUN-TIME measures?
You won't like the answer.
You have to first look at the clisp source to see what system call it
makes for your particular system, then read the system doc to see what
that system call does.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Jun 2001 17:08:27 -0400

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] GET-INTERNAL-RUN-TIME"
> * Sent on Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:04:34 -0500
> * Honorable "Justice, Randy -CONT\(DYN\)" <[email-masked]> writes:
>

RTFM: http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes.html#d39e18310

GET-INTERNAL-RUN-TIME returns the amount of run time consumed by the
current CLISP process since its startup.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
Read what the Arab leaders say to their people on <http://www.memri.org/>
Stupidity, like virtue, is its own reward.