Subject: [clisp-list] i'm stumped

From: Charles Blair <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 14:57:30 -0600

i don't see this in the archives, so here goes.

i'm writing a cgi-bin program in clisp, but am unsuccessful in getting
the program to read standard-input when sent data using the POST
method. from the command line, the program works fine. using GET i
have no problems. has anyone had success with clisp using the POST
method? (i am running clisp-2000-03-09 on SunOS 5.7.)

---

From: Matt Curtin <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Mar 2001 10:15:52 -0500

>>>>> "Charles" == Charles Blair <[email-masked]> writes:

  Charles> i'm writing a cgi-bin program in clisp, but am unsuccessful
  Charles> in getting the program to read standard-input when sent
  Charles> data using the POST method. from the command line, the
  Charles> program works fine.

The working-from-the-command-line-but-not-in-cgi-bin is probably the
hint at the problem.  I bet that you need to stick a -norc flag in the
clisp command line.

I have a shell program that starts my CLISP the way that I need it to
be started.  So, for example, if I dump an image with my program to
time.mem, I'll fire up the application thus:

------------------------------ time.sh -------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

# Shell wrapper for starting timesheet CGI application
# $Id$

exec /usr/local/bin/clisp -norc -M /usr/local/www/time-bin/time.mem
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Does that solve the problem?

-- 
Matt Curtin, Founder   Interhack Corporation   http://www.interhack.net/
"Building the Internet, Securely."   research | development | consulting