Subject: [clisp-list] clisp doc make process tries to scp files

From: Alexander Schreiber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Dec 6 13:16:01 2003

Hi!

I was trying to build the documentation for CLisp, so I went to my CVS
checked out copy of the source tree, went into the "doc" subdirectory
and typed "make". After some work, the process fails with:

<-- ---- cut here for new monitor ---- -->

(test -n "cvs2.cons.org:/home/ftp/pub/lisp/clisp/snapshots" && scp -p
impnotes.html cvs2.cons.org:/home/ftp/pub/lisp/clisp/snapshots && \
 test -d "../build/" && cd ../build && make clisp.html && \
 make clisp.1 && scp -p clisp.1 clisp.html
cvs2.cons.org:/home/ftp/pub/lisp/clisp/snapshots) || true
ssh: connect to address 216.153.209.82 port 22: Connection timed out
lost connection

<-- ---- cut here for new monitor ---- -->

Reading the Makefile, there are more places where scp is used to copy
files to remote machines.

Yes, I just ran "cvs up" again to ensure a sufficiently current tree.

Why does the documentation make process try to upload files via scp to
machines I - as far as I know - don't have the appropriate access to?

All I asked it to do was to build the documentation in some nicely
readable format, not try to upload it to any remote machine.

If this is part of an automagic "update from CVS, then build and update
snapshots" process, it shouldn't run when someone just wants to build
documentation. 

Regards,
       Alex.
-- 
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Dec 6 13:25:04 2003

I thought I was the only one generating impnotes output files.
just run "make DIST='' ..."

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself