Subject: [clisp-list] CLISP for MAC OS X

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 22:54:20 -0400

I recently downloaded CLISP 2.25.1 for the MAC OS X but I am having
trouble getting it built.
The instructions state to type make at the UNIX prompt, but Apple's
version of UNIX doesn't
have the make executable.  Can I merely download the make command from
GNU?
Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks to all who ported CLISP to MAC.

Les

---

From: Randall R Schulz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 20:06:01 -0700

Les,

Did you install the developer tools? They're on a separate CD from the main 
end-user system that's on the primary install CD.

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that you only get the developer tool's CD 
with the retail MacOS X package, but you don't get that CD or the tools 
when your MacOS X was pre-installed on a Mac purchased recently enough to 
have MacOS X pre-installed.

In that case, you can no doubt download the necessary tools from Apple's 
developer Web site. Very little in the way of Apple's tools are charged for 
these days.

Good luck.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA