Subject: [clisp-list] can not make from cvs today ;(

From: Michael Koehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Mar 22 09:39:02 2003

Moin People,

  i hoped to catch up to current clisp this weekend, but i think, someone
  submitted only half of a patch ;(

gcc -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
-fomit-frame-pointer -Wno-sign-compare -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations
-DUNICODE -DDYNAMIC_FFI -DNO_SIGSEGV -I. -c foreign.c
In file included from foreign.d:5:
lispbibl.d:7492: warning: register used for two global register variables
foreign.d: In function `C_set_foreign_pointer':
foreign.d:126: structure has no member named `S_Kcopy'
foreign.d:129: structure has no member named `S_Kcopy'
foreign.d: In function `C_call_with_foreign_string':
foreign.d:2656: warning: variable `charsize' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork'
foreign.d:2657: warning: variable `bytesize' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork'
foreign.d:2664: warning: variable `pointer_base' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork'
foreign.d: In function `do_va_start':
foreign.d:3360: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect
foreign.d:3362: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect
make: *** [foreign.o] Error 1
lubbe:~/AIlang/clisp-cvs/clisp/src $ 

  btw: suggestion for the toplevel of the CVS tree :

    #!/bin/sh
    # clisp-rebuild (c) 2003 GPL
    cd clisp
    ./configure | tee ../build.configure.tee
    cd src
    ./makemake --with-dynamic-ffi > Makefile
    make clean | tee ../../build.make.clean.tee
    make config.lisp 2>&1 | tee ../../build.make.config.tee
    vi config.lisp
    make 2>&1 | tee ../../build.make.all.tee
    make check 2>&1 | tee ../../build.make.check.tee

peace on your way,
  Kraehe
-- 
  mailto:[email-masked]             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.18'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO WINDOWS ESSE DELENDAM

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Mar 22 15:44:09 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] can not make from cvs today ;("
> * Sent on Sat, 22 Mar 2003 18:40:40 +0100
> * Honorable Michael Koehne <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>   i hoped to catch up to current clisp this weekend, but i think,
>   someone submitted only half of a patch ;(

[if you are using cvs head, it is preferred that you subscribe to
clisp-devel and report problems there...]

> foreign.d:129: structure has no member named `S_Kcopy'
fixed, thanks.
(you appear not to be using --with-export-syscalls, right?)

>   btw: suggestion for the toplevel of the CVS tree :

try

$ ./configure --edit-config --build build-dir

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat8 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
He who laughs last thinks slowest.

---

From: Michael Koehne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Mar 23 02:44:15 2003

Moin Sam Steingold,

> clisp-devel and report problems there...]

  *oups* i'm using the cvs version, because of socket-status.
  
  question here: when does the socket-status become stable ?

  The make test, suggest that there are some planed fixes before next
  stable release. And, if I ftp to ftp.gnu.org, i wonder, why latest is
  not 2.30, but symlinked to 2.29.

  I think the result of make test is well know :

  Form: (LET ((S (MAKE-ARRAY 10 :ELEMENT-TYPE 'CHARACTER :INITIAL-ELEMENT #\a))) (LIST (MULTIPLE-VALUE-LIST
  (SYSTEM::STRING-INFO S)) (PROGN (SETF (AREF S 3) (CODE-CHAR 12345))
  (MULTIPLE-VALUE-LIST (SYSTEM::STRING-INFO S))) (PROGN (GC)
  (MULTIPLE-VALUE-LIST (SYSTEM::STRING-INFO S))) (PROGN (SETF (AREF S 3)
  (CODE-CHAR 123456)) (MULTIPLE-VALUE-LIST (SYSTEM::STRING-INFO S)))
  (PROGN (GC) (MULTIPLE-VALUE-LIST (SYSTEM::STRING-INFO S)))))
  CORRECT: ((8 NIL NIL) (16 NIL T) (16 NIL NIL) (32 NIL T) (32 NIL NIL))
  CLISP  : ((8 NIL NIL) (16 NIL T) (16 NIL T) (32 NIL T) (32 NIL T))

  so i installed it, and cheer that 'mucl' still works ;)

> $ ./configure --edit-config --build build-dir

  doing this without edit-config would alow a nohup, as remote computing
  is much faster than my at home dualPentium250 server or my p120 laptop.

> Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat8 GNU/Linux

  btw: I have currently have 40 Debian, 40 RedHat and two Solaris systems
  in clamv.iu-bremen.de - about 150 CPUs - is there any software you suggest
  for clustering clisp ? The only MPI, I found on the net was for GCL.

peace on your way,
  Michael

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Mar 23 07:16:14 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "Re: [clisp-list] cvs fixed - mucl works again ;)"
> * Sent on Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:47:42 +0100
>   And, if I ftp to ftp.gnu.org, i wonder, why latest is

huh?
ftp.gnu.org:/pub/gnu/clisp> ls latest
lrwxrwxrwx    1 1175     101            12 Mar 22 17:58 latest -> release/2.30

>   is much faster than my at home dualPentium250 server or my p120 laptop.

the script you suggested wanted to edit config.lisp, so I added
--edit-config.
I never edit it, so I always use --build

>   btw: I have currently have 40 Debian, 40 RedHat and two Solaris
>   systems in clamv.iu-bremen.de - about 150 CPUs - is there any
>   software you suggest for clustering clisp ? The only MPI, I found on
>   the net was for GCL.

what's MPI?
I don't understand what you are talking about.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat8 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
PI seconds is a nanocentury