Subject: [clisp-list] clisp, regex, non-greedy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue Sep 3 04:48:04 2002

Hi,

Today I saw, that there is a clisp-binary for windows with
regular expression support. That's great. I need the syntax
for a non-greedy pattern. Does anybody know a pattern
for this with old-style regex? Or a clisp-function, which
wrapps the pattern?

best regards
jens himmelreich

---

From: Marco Baringer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Sep 3 05:12:03 2002

> for this with old-style regex? Or a clisp-function, which

CLISP's regexp module is taken from GNU's findutils and does not
support non-greedy quantifiers.

1) use Dorai Siaram's pregexp package (very perlish, but slow)
   http://www.ccs.neu.edu/~dorai/pregexp/pregexp.html

2) Michael Parker's regexp package (part of CL-AWK), which is faster
   than GNU's regexp module. (the only thing i miss from it is
   look-(ahead|behind))
   http://www.geocities.com/mparker762/clawk.html

-- 
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in.
     -Leonard Cohen