Subject: [clisp-list] Newbie: Problems starting a program

From: "Hans Nowak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 10:35:52 +0200

Hi,

I'm new to CLISP and LISP in general. The other day I downloaded copies of 
version 2.25 and 2.25.1 of CLISP for Windows (I am using Win98). I have 
problems feeding LISP files to it though. I have a very simple test program 
"hello.lsp":

  (write-line "Hello, world!")

Doing this in interactive mode works fine. Loading the file works fine too; 
so does specifying the file on the command line with -i, like

  lisp.exe [...] -i hello.lsp

However, what I want is to have CLISP start, load the program, execute it, 
and stop. From what I got from the manual, this is what this command line 
should do:

  lisp.exe -B c:\lang\clisp\ -M lispinit.exe hello.lsp

It doesn't work though. In 2.25, nothing happens at all, and in 2.25.1, I 
get an error message, something about 'invalid form ".BAT"'. As said, 
everything else works, including compiling the program using the -c switch.

I am obviously missing something. But what?

Thanks in advance,

--Hans Nowak ([email-masked])
You call me a masterless man. You are wrong. I am my own master.
May a spaniel wipe the sweat from your glass of milk!

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 May 2001 11:50:10 -0400

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] Newbie: Problems starting a program"
> * Sent on Sun, 20 May 2001 10:35:52 +0200
> * Honorable "Hans Nowak" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> It doesn't work though. In 2.25, nothing happens at all, and in
> 2.25.1, I get an error message, something about 'invalid form
> ".BAT"'. As said, everything else works, including compiling the
> program using the -c switch.

this was a bug in 2.25.1 - thanks for reporting it.
it was fixed on 2001-04-18 (see src/ChangeLog in the CVS).

next time please send the exact wording of the error message.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
Read what the Arab leaders say to their people on <http://www.memri.org/>
My inferiority complex is not as good as yours.