Subject: Re: [clisp-list] System

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 May 2001 17:09:20 -0400

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "RE: [clisp-list] System"
> * Sent on Tue, 1 May 2001 15:53:16 -0500 
> * Honorable "Justice, Randy -CONT\(DYN\)" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> I'm currently running a 300 MHZ system and it takes 
> about 2 days (48 hours) to run a simple test. 

ouch!

> Do you know of a method to "compile" lisp to machine code?

CMUCL (http://cmucl.cons.org) has a _very_ sophisticated native
compiler. it even does MT on Linux.

When I was running very complex Lisp computations, I debugged the code
using CLISP and ran the production code with CMUCL. YMMV.

Please do not move the discussion out of the list, as long as it is
related to CLISP.  Other users might benefit from our discussion.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
Read what the Arab leaders say to their people on <http://www.memri.org/>
Those who can't write, write manuals.