Subject: [clisp-list] Re: Problems compiling gdi using clisp.h

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Sep 4 07:11:06 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "Problems compiling gdi using clisp.h"
> * Sent on Wed, 03 Sep 2003 20:46:33 -0400
> * Honorable Dan Stanger <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Atype_32Bit and local dont seem to be in clisp.h.
> Should I be using something else?

local = static.

what do you need Atype_32Bit for?
can you use Atype_8Bit instead?

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Whether pronounced "leenooks" or "line-uks", it's better than Windows.

---

From: Dan Stanger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Sep 4 07:29:29 2003

> > Should I be using something else?

I am aware of that, but all of the clisp code uses local instead.  Is
there a plan to change local to static in the main line clisp code?
If not, then shouldn't module writers be using clisp conventions?

> can you use Atype_8Bit instead?

I have not checked everywhere but in 2 places, I am passing in a array of
integers.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Sep 4 09:59:38 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "Re: Problems compiling gdi using clisp.h"
> * Sent on Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:25:55 -0400

CLISP CPP sugar (elif, unless, until, local, global &c &c) is being
phased out.  No module uses them now.

The modules are different from main CLISP sources, e.g., they use DEFUN
and not LISPFUN.

> I have not checked everywhere but in 2 places, I am passing in a array
> of integers.

if these are generic integers, your should use simple vectors.
if they are 8-bit vectors, then use Atype_8Bit.
see modules/clx/new-clx/clx.f.

if you really need 32-bit integers, I can export Atype_32Bit for you.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Trespassers will be shot.  Survivors will be SHOT AGAIN!

---

From: Dan Stanger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Sep 4 10:54:12 2003

> if you really need 32-bit integers, I can export Atype_32Bit for you.

The win32 api defines the input to these and other routines as 32 bit
integers,
regardless of how many bits are actually used.  I suppose I could copy
a input vector of 24 bit integers to a 32 bit vector and pass it in,
and on output do the reverse, but I think thats more work in
several places.  I think the best solution is to use Atype_32Bit,
so I would like it exported.

Thanks,
Dan Stanger