Subject: [clisp-list] Linking kit: availability in native Win32

From: VAUCHER L Ext SIRES <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 15 07:16:02 2004

Hi.

  I discovered and practiced a little the clisp linking kit supplied
with the Linux and Cygwin distributions of clisp and I wondered
whether it was available for the native Win32 distribution of clisp.
The :FFI feature is present, however.

  There is no 'clisp-link' script and no 'linkkit' directory in the
clisp installation directory. So it seems that the linking kit is,
at least, not shipped in the zip file.

  Is it somewhere else (in the distribution or on the net)? Or should
I try to duplicate the functionality by adapting the existing cygwin
script to use files in the right directory and compile with
-mno-cygwin?

  Thanks again.

Laurent.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 15 08:41:34 2004

> * VAUCHER L Ext SIRES <[email-masked]> [2004-07-15 16:14:59 +0200]:
>

clisp binary distribution does not include the linkkit because it
requires a C compiler and win32 does not come with one by default.
it also requires a UNIX-like set of shell utilities which are not
normally available on win32.
since this is no longer the case (mingw, cygwin &c), the next CLISP
release will include linkkit for win32.

you can get CLISP sources and build your own clisp and then you will
find the linkkit in the build directory.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
((lambda (x) (list x (list 'quote x))) '(lambda (x) (list x (list 'quote x))))