Subject: [clisp-list] call for binaries

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Sep 10 10:37:52 2003

The users of the source release 2.31 (as opposed to those who download
binaries) are urged to visit
<ftp://ftp2.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/latest> or
<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1355>
and see if there is a binary there for your platform.
if you do not see a binary for your platform, please do
"make distrib"
in your CLISP build directory and let me know from where I can download
the tar ball.

thanks.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment.

---

From: "Steven E. Harris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Sep 10 11:12:48 2003

Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> writes:

> see if there is a binary there for your platform.

Version 2.31 was the first release that I couldn't use one of the
provided binaries for Cygwin, and had to build from source.

I tried to use the clisp-2.31-i686-unknown-cygwin32-1.3.22.tar.gz
bundle, but stumbled on not having the various X-Windows libraries
installed as required by the "full" build option. Somewhere in between
"base" and "full," it would be nice to have a "full no-x" that
included everything except those modules dependent on X-Windows
libraries. It's common to use Cygwin with no X packages installed, and
many of the Cygwin packages come in a separate "no-x" version. Perhaps
CLISP's Makefile could have a target with similar intent.

-- 
Steven E. Harris        :: [email-masked]
Raytheon                :: http://www.raytheon.com

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Sep 10 15:00:15 2003

>* Sam Steingold <[email-masked]> [2003-09-10 11:25:17 -0400]:
>

to avoid clashes, please announce here your intent _before_ doing anything!

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
In the race between idiot-proof software and idiots, the idiots are winning.