Subject: [clisp-list] problem with linuxlibc6 bindings module

From: John Jorgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 24 12:50:03 2002

I couldn't compile clisp with the linuxlibc6 bindings without applying the
patch shown below. I don't know if read and write are equivalent to
full_read and full_write. Some man pages that I read indicate that they
are equivalent.

By the way, this problem occurs on my redhat 7.2 and mandrake 8.2 boxes. I
have no other test platforms.

Thanks for your time,
J*

*** clisp/modules/bindings/linuxlibc6/linux.lisp.old    Fri May 24
15:50:41 2002
--- clisp/modules/bindings/linuxlibc6/linux.lisp        Fri May 24
15:51:06 2002
***************
*** 1124,1132 ****
  (def-call-out close (:arguments (fd int)) (:return-type int))
  
  (def-call-out read (:arguments (fd int) (buf c-pointer) (nbytes size_t))
!   (:return-type ssize_t) (:name "full_read"))
  (def-call-out write (:arguments (fd int) (buf c-pointer) (nbytes
size_t))
!   (:return-type ssize_t) (:name "full_write"))
  
  (def-call-out pipe (:arguments (pipedes (c-ptr (c-array int 2)) :out))
    (:return-type int))
--- 1124,1132 ----
  (def-call-out close (:arguments (fd int)) (:return-type int))
  
  (def-call-out read (:arguments (fd int) (buf c-pointer) (nbytes size_t))
!   (:return-type ssize_t))
  (def-call-out write (:arguments (fd int) (buf c-pointer) (nbytes
size_t))
!   (:return-type ssize_t))
  
  (def-call-out pipe (:arguments (pipedes (c-ptr (c-array int 2)) :out))
    (:return-type int))

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 24 13:31:06 2002

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] problem with linuxlibc6 bindings module"
> * Sent on Fri, 24 May 2002 16:02:29 -0400 (EDT)
> * Honorable John Jorgensen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> I couldn't compile clisp with the linuxlibc6 bindings without applying
> the patch shown below. I don't know if read and write are equivalent
> to full_read and full_write. Some man pages that I read indicate that
> they are equivalent.

full_write and full_read are (were) CLISP internal functions.

full_read is now a CPP macro...

> By the way, this problem occurs on my redhat 7.2 and mandrake 8.2
> boxes. I have no other test platforms.

you forgot to mention that you are using CLISP cvs (unstable development
sources).  while we are grateful for your bug report, please note that
if you are using the CLISP from CVS, you are supposed to subscribe to
<clisp-devel> and send your reports there (note that you have to
subscribe to <clisp-devel> to post there!)

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.