Subject: [clisp-list] Installation clisp-2_29-win32 regex.zip

From: "Abbott, Hank" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Sep 6 13:45:03 2002

Sam Steingold,

I used notebook to open the scr/config.lisp to change strings as requested
in the Readme File.

But, I have no idea what strings to change (first timer).

When I double click on lisp.exe the following shows up.
----------------------------
Warning: no initialization file specified.
Please try: d:\data\habbott\Desktop\everything Abbott\habbott\hank\computer
studies\clisp-2.29\list.exe -M lispinit.mem

Warning: no initialization directory specified.
Please try: d:\data\habbott\Desktop\everything Abbott\habbott\hank\computer
studies\clisp-2.29\list.exe -B /user/local/lib/clisp
------------------------------------------
I know there is some relationship between the warnings and my lack of
changing the strings. It is 'what needs to be changed' I lack.

Attached is the file that needs to be change.
Please help out by changing the file for me.
I imagine the warnings are trying to give me a clue as what to do and should
have the information you need.

Thanks,
Hank
Cell with mail: 228-332-0706
Office: 228-813-2169
[email-masked]

---

From: Marco Baringer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Sep 6 16:29:04 2002

> When I double click on lisp.exe the following shows up.
are you sure the messafe said 'list.exe' and not 'lisp.exe' ?
> studies\clisp-2.29\list.exe -B /user/local/lib/clisp
idem

not really. the problem is that you're running lisp.exe which requires
a bunch of parameters, such as the memory image to load (-M
lispinit.mem) the init directory to use (-B C:\clisp), the heap size,
etc. to avoid having to write these out each and every time (and to
have some double-click'able) you should find a file clisp.bat which
specifies the proper parameters, try running that instead, you need to
have already run make (or nmake) install as this create the clisp.bat
file. of course, the on true way to work with clisp is via
Emacs+ILISP, but you can ignore that for now...

happy hacking.
-- 
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.
Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in.
     -Leonard Cohen