Subject: [clisp-list] non-interactive backtrace?

From: "Thomas F. Burdick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Oct 8 23:18:03 2003

When running CLISP as a shebang interpreter, is there anyway to get a
backtrace?  When I get an error, I'd like to print the error to a
logfile, followed by a backtrace.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

-- 
           /|_     .-----------------------.                        
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |                        
     ,--'    _,'   | Wage class war!       |                        
    /       /      `-----------------------'                        
   (   -.  |                               
   |     ) |                               
  (`-.  '--.)                              
   `. )----'

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Oct 9 06:46:23 2003

> * Thomas F. Burdick <[email-masked]> [2003-10-08 23:17:11 -0700]:
>
> When running CLISP as a shebang interpreter,

what is "shebang interpreter"?

> is there anyway to get a backtrace?  When I get an error, I'd like to
> print the error to a logfile, followed by a backtrace.

search gmane for `backtrace' -->
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.clisp.general/7517/>
(and around)

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
In every non-trivial program there is at least one bug.

---

From: [email-masked] (Alexander Schreiber)
Date: Thu Oct 9 11:11:01 2003

>what is "shebang interpreter"?

The way an interpreter is marked as the program to call for shell
scripts:

 -------- cut ---------
#!/usr/bin/clisp

(format t "Hello, world~%")
 ------- cut ----------

Regards,
      Alex.
-- 
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison