Subject: Re: [clisp-list] Problems trying to build on SunOS 5.8

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Sep 9 15:05:02 2001

Sam writes:

> give an absolute path to the --prefix argument.

Right. --prefix=$HOME would have worked.

The difference between $HOME and ~ is that the former is expanded by
the shell, whereas ~ is expanded (or refused to be expanded) by each
program.

Bruno

---

From: Russell Senior <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Sep 9 23:18:03 2001

>>>>> "Bruno" == Bruno Haible <[email-masked]> writes:

>> give an absolute path to the --prefix argument.

Bruno> Right. --prefix=$HOME would have worked.

Bruno> The difference between $HOME and ~ is that the former is
Bruno> expanded by the shell, whereas ~ is expanded (or refused to be
Bruno> expanded) by each program.

Bash does tilde expansion.

-- 
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.        
[email-masked]      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible       
                         profanity, which, translated meant, `This is
                         extremely unusual.' ''