Subject: [clisp-list] binding to Unix domain sockets

From: Richard M Kreuter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Apr 20 15:01:06 2004

Hello,

Is it possible create and bind a pathname to a Unix domain socket with
clisp? If so, how?

Thank you,
Richard

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Apr 20 15:59:08 2004

> * Richard M Kreuter <[email-masked]> [2004-04-20 17:57:25 -0400]:
>

1. Don Cohen is working on a "raw-sock" module which should offer full
   socket access from CLISP.

2. This has been discussed on clisp-devel, go to clisp.cons.org and
   search the mailing list for "unix sockets" or "udp sockets"
   (the search is available on the front page, use either gmane or SF)

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 22 17:43:08 2004

> Is it possible create and bind a pathname to a Unix domain socket with

check out CVS head (see SF for instructions)
$ ./configure --with-module=rawsock --build build-rawsock
$ ./build-rawsock/clisp -K full
> (rawsock:open-unix-socket "/tmp/.X11-unix/X0")
3

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Vegetarians eat Vegetables, Humanitarians are scary.