Subject: [clisp-list] editor/interface to CLISP under Win98

From: Bruce Lambert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:42:37 -0500

Hi everyone,

I have just installed CLISP version: "2.25 (released 2001-03-15) (built 
3195500178) (memory 3200321124)" on my Win98 machine.

I installed the gnu readline library, but it appears that I do not have 
readline capability. What have I done wrong? Do I need to reinstall CLISP?

On a related note, what is the friendliest interface to clisp under win98. 
I am accustomed to using Allegro Common Lisp vi emacs on a Unix machine. 
I'd love to work with clisp via emacs also, but I could use some assistance 
in getting that to work.

Thanks in advance.

-bruce

Bruce L. Lambert, PhD
Department of Pharmacy Administration
University of Illinois at Chicago
833 S. Wood St. (M/C 871)
Chicago, IL 60612-7231

phone: 312-996-2411
fax: 312-996-0868

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Jun 2001 15:54:35 -0400

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] editor/interface to CLISP under Win98"
> * Sent on Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:42:37 -0500
> * Honorable Bruce Lambert <[email-masked]> writes:
>

you are two versions behind - please get 2.26.

> I installed the gnu readline library, but it appears that I do not
> have readline capability. What have I done wrong? Do I need to
> reinstall CLISP?

CLISP does not use readline on win32.
winnt console has line editing facilities, otherwise you are out of luck
(barring fixing this yourself :-)

> On a related note, what is the friendliest interface to clisp under
> win98. I am accustomed to using Allegro Common Lisp vi emacs on a Unix
> machine. I'd love to work with clisp via emacs also, but I could use
> some assistance in getting that to work.

I use GNU Emacs with CLISP.

(setq inferior-lisp-program
      "d:/gnu/clisp/lisp.exe -B d:/gnu/clisp -M d:/gnu/clisp/lispinit.mem -I"
      lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function
      inferior-lisp-prompt "^[^> \n]*[>:]+ *")

Some people use ILISP.  I do not since it rebinds some standard keys:
e.g., "]" does not self-insert anymore!

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
Read what the Arab leaders say to their people on <http://www.memri.org/>
Marriage is the sole cause of divorce.