Subject: [clisp-list] problem making clisp-2.30 on old version of FreeBSD

From: "M.K." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jun 28 21:22:17 2003

Hi, I am trying to make clisp-2.30 of FreeBSD 3.4.

Here is the procedure I am following (starting in /usr/src/clisp-2.30):

./configure
cd src
./makemake > Makefile
make config.lisp
make

The poblem occurs when make crashes with the following info:
stream.d:15412: `rl_gnu_readline_p' undeclared (first use this function)
*** Error code 1
Stop.

Note:
I have built and installed the "readline-4.3.tar.gz" source and I have
rebooted my system so that "ldconfig" updates the shared library cache which
now includes the readline libs. This does not help the problem however.

Whould appreciate any help, M.K.

---

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 30 06:32:03 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] problem making clisp-2.30 on old version of FreeBSD"
> * Sent on Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:21:36 +1000 (EST)
> * Honorable "M.K." <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> rebooted my system so that "ldconfig" updates the shared library cache
> which now includes the readline libs. This does not help the problem
> however.

you need to run CLISP configure _after_ readline is installed.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they AREN'T after you.