Subject: [clisp-list] Continuations

From: zera holladay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Aug 22 19:41:07 2003

Clisp is beautiful, so thank you to all those who are
creating it.  

This may be a common, grandiose or unrelated question,
but what about continuations like scheme?  I
understand that this is one of the differences between
these dialects.  Is there an accepted common lisp hack
for a “call-with-current-continuation” procedure that
does not over complicate its usefulness?  Are there
any papers on this topic?

Thank you, Zera Holladay

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software
http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

---

From: Douglas Philips <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Aug 23 14:35:36 2003

> Clisp is beautiful, so thank you to all those who are

Hear Hear!

> any papers on this topic?

As to complications, over or under or useful or not, that may be more 
in the eye of the beholder.

An excellent source of macro knowledge, and of one particular way of 
doing continuations in ACL can be found in Paul Graham's book: On Lisp. 
Its out of print, but available on his website: 
http://www.paulgraham.com/

Don't mind the opening page graphic, its in tune with his 
anti-email-spam attitude and articles. Click on the 'books' tab on the 
left and you'll get to info on both his books, including (eventually) 
links to download On Lisp as either postscript (compressed and not) or 
PDF.

Enjoy!

<D\'gou