Subject: [clisp-list] socket-wait problem on WinXP

From: Jamison Masse <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 01:39:01 2003

The attached code is a test case intended to isolate this problem I have
been having with connecting multiple clients to a server. I want to
occasionally poll the socket to see if there are any clients waiting for a
connection. Under linux this code loops until a connection is made by a
client, as expected, but under WinXP the loop never terminates, the client
connects and is holding a connection to the server but the server code
doesn't acknowledge the connection. Is this a bug?

The WinXP machine is running Clisp 2.30 and WinXP SP-1

Thanks,
Jamison Masse

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Mar 9 11:31:05 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "socket-wait problem on WinXP"
> * Sent on Thu, 6 Mar 2003 18:14:21 +0900 (KST)
> * Honorable Jamison Masse <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> The attached code is a test case intended to isolate this problem I
> have been having with connecting multiple clients to a server. I want
> to occasionally poll the socket to see if there are any clients
> waiting for a connection. Under linux this code loops until a
> connection is made by a client, as expected, but under WinXP the loop
> never terminates, the client connects and is holding a connection to
> the server but the server code doesn't acknowledge the connection. Is
> this a bug?
> 

Arseny, could you please debug this?
Thanks!

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat8 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

---

From: Arseny Slobodjuck <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 14 19:04:02 2003

I don't see my messages appearing in mailing list so resending this
one. Sorry if there are duplicates.

> I have no problem with this code on NT4.0 (clisp 2.30, 2.27, CVS) and
> on XP (2.27, CVS). I'll check ver. 2.30 on XP, but I don't expect it
> will fail.

> Could you try different telnets, different addresses (localhost,
> 127.0.0.1, your IP, your machine name) ?

I've checked clisp 2.30 with win XP - no problem.

-- 
Best regards,
 Arseny