Subject: [clisp-list] Using dll

From: David Kaasen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 14:16:47 +0200 (CEST)

Hello!

How can I call dynamic library routines from CLISP? I also
need to access variables in the library.
   The program runs on both Unix and Windows, so there is
an .so and a .dll library version, but I assume that makes
no difference concerning lisp?

Thanks in advance, David Kaasen.

---

From: Eric Marsden <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Apr 2000 14:26:57 +0200

>>>>> "dk" == David Kaasen <[email-masked]> writes:

  dk> How can I call dynamic library routines from CLISP? I also need
  dk> to access variables in the library. The program runs on both
  dk> Unix and Windows, so there is an .so and a .dll library version,
  dk> but I assume that makes no difference concerning lisp?

unfortunately CLISP is not currently able to load shared libraries,
both under Unix or MS Windows; you have to link your code statically
(see the user manual section on the FFI). I did an experimental
version of .so linking with an old version of CLISP (which probably
could work with minor changes on the current release) which is
available at

   <URL:http://www.chez.com/emarsden/downloads>

I've been meaning to improve this work but never got around to it.
  
-- 
Eric Marsden                          <URL:http://www.laas.fr/~emarsden>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:10:02 +0200 (CEST)

> unfortunately CLISP is not currently able to load shared libraries,

At least for Linux this is not true. Look at impnotes.html, search for
"--with-dynamic-modules".

--Matthias

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthias Lindner, MANIC GmbH, Ben-Gurion-Ring 164, 60437 Frankfurt
Tel: 069 90505634, Mobil: 0172 6807873, E-Mail: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------