Subject: [clisp-list] win32 - testing 228

From: lin8080 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 25 14:35:18 2002

Hallo

Now I download the win-version clisp228.zip with 2.346.984 bytes. It
extracts in an dictionary named clisp-2.28. 

(lisp-implementation-version)
"2.28 (released 2002-03-03) (built on ampy.LAIR [192.168.0.1])
current os*: win98 4.10.1998

I renamed it to cl228 and moved it to another place. The install.pif
could not find the install.bat. This looks for "clisp-2.28\install.bat"
(could it be the current dictionary ?)

So I start the install.bat manually - a finished dosbox with OFF apeares
and I dont know what happend. well. I copied my test.lisp into the cl288
dictionary and doubleclick on it. -There is no application associated
... win-error-box. Hmmm.
So I copied the old lisp.bat into cl228 and changed the pathnames to the
new dictionary and doubleklick that. A dos-box opens and I see what I
expect. 

So far ok. Now I typed in (load "test.lisp") and get an error :(
*** - A file with name test.lisp does not exist ... nice
I renamed test.lisp in test.lsp and try again:
(load "test.lsp")
;; Loading file test.lsp ... ... finished.
But this was not my test-file, the variables in test.lsp have all no
values. So, what was loaded from the interpreter ??

I renamed test.lsp to versuch.lsp and load it.
*** - A file with ... does not exist. Hmmm
What is wrong ?

So I set a path in the autoexec.bat to C:\lisp\cl228; saved it and
reboot. Than I repeat the steps discribed in the readme. I repeat the
command
(compile-file "src/config.lisp")
*** - OPEN: file #P"C:\\LISP\\CL227\\src\\config.lisp" does not exist.
aha. I opened regedit and searched for clisp entries there. Found one in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/software/Microspft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/RunMRU
and changed it to cl228 and try again (after a reboot).

How the story continues cames later on. Now rebooting (the most
practicable use of this os*)

So, please, add a text-line or routine, to check whether there is
already a clisp-version installed and write some sentences like
howtounistalltheoldversion. :)

stefan

of course. I renamed cl227 to clold and cl228 to cl227 and compile says
: [pathname.d:6265] *** - I hope you can guess, what I think about that
:) meanwhile 2.27 runs pretty well ...

---

From: Arseny Slobodjuck <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 26 06:26:03 2002

Hello Stefan,

Tuesday, March 26, 2002, 4:18:27 AM, you wrote:

lin8080> I renamed it to cl228 and moved it to another place. The install.pif
lin8080> could not find the install.bat. This looks for "clisp-2.28\install.bat"
lin8080> (could it be the current dictionary ?)
1. Do you mean 'directory' ?

2. Don't use install.pif - it was created by windows when install.bat
was called.

3. I just tried on win98 - it needs a bit of work to get install
working on win 95/98. It doesn't associate extensions currently at
all. So currently it doesn't work.

-- 
Best regards,
 Arseny                            mailto:[email-masked]