Subject: [clisp-list] OS X install questions

From: call -151 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:28:13 -0400

I'm trying to get clisp installed under OS X.  I have the
source clisp version 2.26, dated 2001-05-23 07:32

At first, I kept core dumping until I figured out to
increase the stacksize with

limit stacksize 8192 kbytes

and now the configuration script it gets much further, but
stops dead during the compilation with:

Compiling file /Users/cleary/clisp-2.26/src/foreign1.lisp ...
*** - There is no package with name "FFI"
make: *** [foreign1.fas] Error 1

Any ideas?  Has anyone got clisp working well under Mac OS X?
I tried a binary distro of 2.25.1 earlier but wasn't able to
get that working due to hard-coded directory info in the
makefile that I couldn't seem to straighten out as well as
some initmem problems. I saw that there were comments in the list
archive about FFI but none of them seemed similar enough
to be useful.  It might be worth mentioning in the install
about increasing the stacksize for OS X since for some reason
the default seems to be set pretty small.

Thanks,

-Sean Cleary.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Jun 2001 13:23:25 -0400

> * In message <a05010400b74494bb1853@[192.168.1.2]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] OS X install questions"
> * Sent on Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:28:13 -0400
> * Honorable call -151 <[email-masked]> writes:
>

please get the patch
        clisp-2.26-bug5-no-ffi.diff
the same place you got the sources.

thanks for reporting the bug.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
Read what the Arab leaders say to their people on <http://www.memri.org/>
If a train station is a place where a train stops, what's a workstation?