Subject: [clisp-list] CLisp Installation Error

From: "Bill Tate" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Dec 21 02:49:01 2003

Hi all,
Very new to CLisp and I'm having problem getting clisp installed
properly.  I've googled this but I haven't come across a posting to
answer why the following is happening.
My setup: win2K
I've downloaded clisp-2.31-msvc-win32.zip from sourceforge.
My installation folder is: c:\clisp

install.bat updated 

when executing, If I choose Y to associate *.lisp, et.al. with Clisp - I
get the following error:

*** - FUNCALL: undefined function C1

If I choose not to associate files, I get this error:

 READ from #<INPUT BUFFERED FILE-STREAM CHARACTER
#P"C:\\clisp\\src\\install.lisp" @98>: there is no package with name
"POSIX"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Bill

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Dec 21 06:40:01 2003

> * Bill Tate <[email-masked]> [2003-12-21 05:44:53 -0500]:
>

msvc build does not include modules.
"clisp-2.31-win32.zip", built with mingw, does.
don't worry, you still have all the ANSI CL, sockets, &c &c.

> *** - FUNCALL: undefined function C1
yep, your clisp does not have registry access.

> #P"C:\\clisp\\src\\install.lisp" @98>: there is no package with name
yep, your clisp cannot create shortcuts.

> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

First of all, this "install.bat" is just sugar.
you don't really need it to run clisp.
just read README.
Basically, put clisp.bat in your patch and put there

c:\clisp\lisp.exe -B c:\clisp -M c:\clisp\lispinit.mem

and you are good to go.

PS. I know it goes counter to the woe32 culture, but you _can_ compile
CLISP yourself :-)

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Abandon all hope, all ye who press Enter.