Subject: [clisp-list] CLisp Novice Needs Help on Error Message

From: "Larry Z. Daily" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jan 6 13:42:02 2003

I'm a novice user of CLisp 2.30 on a Windows Me machine. I've got a file I'm
trying to load and I keep getting the following error:

handle_fault error2 ! address = (a different address each time).

I suspect that I might be running up against some memory limit becasue if I
comment out some of the variables I'm setting up the problem goes away. Can
anyone tell me what this error means?

thanks
Larry

Visit the C&O's Piedmont Subdivision at
http://www.piedmontsub.com

Adam's prize was open eyes
His sentence was to see
                   --Tom Rush

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jan 6 15:52:02 2003

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] CLisp Novice Needs Help on Error Message"
> * Sent on Mon, 6 Jan 2003 16:41:15 -0500
> * Honorable "Larry Z. Daily" <[email-masked]> writes:
>

this is a segmentation fault which means that you stumbled on a CLISP bug.

if you can isolate this bug so that I can reproduce it, we will try to
fix it.

beware that many bugs have been fixed since the last release, so you
would probably benefit from trying the CVS head (you will need to
compile it yourself though...)

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat8 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.palestine-central.com/links.html>
I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.