Subject: [clisp-list] help: running clisp under ilisp

From: Jean Gascon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 23:50:23 -0700

I am still struggling to get CLISP to run as a subprocess under ILISP.
Here are the parameters and the situation. Suggestions are welcome.

Platform: x86 running Windows 2000 (native i.e.: no X-lib etc.)

CLISP by itself runs OK when launched from a batch file.

ILISP compiles OK.
	(I still don't know what value to initialize ilisp-init-binary-extension
and ilisp-init-binary-command to but I am not there yet)

The problem arises when I execute M-x clisp-hs.
	I get different results depending on the value of the variable
clisp-hs-program, but none of the resulting situations work:

1) with the default clisp-hs-program -> "lisp -I"
	I get: a) warning: no initialisation file specified, use -M "file-name"
		 b) warning: no installation directory specified, use -B "path-name"
		 c) EVAL: the function COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME is undefined
			(this is a Common Lisp fn. That suggests to me that the CLISP
initialisation failed.)

2) if I specify full path names with the -M and -B options like
	clisp-hs-program -> "lisp -I -M \"D:\\CLISP\\lispinit.mem\" -B
\"D:\\CLISP\\\""
	I get an "invalid inferior lisp program command line".

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Jean

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Jun 2001 10:24:32 -0400

> * In message <[email-masked]>
> * On the subject of "[clisp-list] help: running clisp under ilisp"
> * Sent on Thu, 21 Jun 2001 23:50:23 -0700
> * Honorable Jean Gascon <[email-masked]> writes:
>

I do not use ILISP, so I hope someone will give a better answer.

> 			(this is a Common Lisp fn. That suggests to me that the CLISP

correct: -B and -M are required for normal operation.
COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME (and the compiler in general) is not available
without -M.

> 	I get an "invalid inferior lisp program command line".

I cannot navigate in so many backslashes.
here is what I use:
inferior-lisp-program
 ==>
"d:/gnu/clisp/lisp.exe -B d:/gnu/clisp -M d:/gnu/clisp/lispinit.mem -I"

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>
Read what the Arab leaders say to their people on <http://www.memri.org/>
Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment.

---

From: Paolo Amoroso <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 17:42:00 +0200

> I am still struggling to get CLISP to run as a subprocess under ILISP.

I suggest that you also post to the ILISP mailing list.

Paolo
-- 
EncyCMUCLopedia * Extensive collection of CMU Common Lisp documentation
http://cvs2.cons.org:8000/cmucl/doc/EncyCMUCLopedia/