Subject: [clisp-list] Threads support?

From: "Thomas F. Burdick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Dec 3 14:57:03 2002

On the cmucl-help list, in the context of wondering about the state of
threads in the free CL implementations, Edi Weitz wrote the following:

 > './configure --help' in the build directory of CLISP 2.30 reveals this:
 > 
 >       --with-threads=FLAVOR   support multiple threads in one CLISP image
 >              via OS threads [highly experimental - use at your own risk]
 >              FLAVORs = POSIX_THREADS POSIXOLD_THREADS SOLARIS_THREADS
 >                        C_THREADS WIN32_THREADS
 > 
 > I didn't try it, though.

I'm curious, is this actually being developed, or is it hopeful
leftovers from an abandoned attempt?  If work is being done on it,
what's the state?  Obviously "highly experimental", but does that mean
that I can play with it for noncritical things, or will it most likely
dump core before doing anything useful, or what?

Jes wondering...

-- 
           /|_     .-----------------------.                        
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |                        
     ,--'    _,'   | Wage class war!       |                        
    /       /      `-----------------------'                        
   (   -.  |                               
   |     ) |                               
  (`-.  '--.)                              
   `. )----'