Subject: [clisp-list] Re: Postgres642 FFI compilation error in RedHat 7.2

From: "Jack Crosscope" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jan 15 18:11:01 2002

btw, of course there's an apparent version mismatch between postgres 6.4.2
and 7.1.3, which may well be causing the problem.  I'd just like to be
certain.  and determine if it can be easily fixed.

-Jack

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Crosscope [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 7:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Postgres642 FFI compilation error in RedHat 7.2

When I run make with the postgresql642 module option on CLISP v. 2.27, on
RedHat Linux v. 7.2, Intel architecture, a Lisp process breaks with error
message:

*** - Incomplete FFI type ConnStatusType is not allowed here.

(Where exactly is "here" anyhow?  Can I do a backtrace somehow?  I tried the
usual way to no avail.)

The postgres postmaster is running (version 7.1.3), and I have postgres
source files from RedHat SRPMS.  My libpq-fe.h is in /usr/include/pgsql, as
usual.

My clisp Makefile options include dynamic-FFI, regexp, gettext, readline,
and clx/mit.

If I don't include a postgresqlxxx option, the rest compiles fine.  For
example, I've been able to run the clx/mit demo/hello.lisp after installing
and running clisp -K full.

Insights appreciated.  Thanks,

Jack Crosscope
[email-masked]