Subject: [clisp-list] Generated files during a compilation

From: Daniel Tourde <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:16:44 +0100

Hello,

I have compiled Clisp 1999-07-22 to generate a rpm file. According to
the clisp.spec in the source the installed files are the following:

%files
%dir /usr/lib/clisp/
/usr/lib/clisp/*
/usr/bin/clisp
%dir /usr/doc/%{name}-%{version}/
/usr/doc/%{name}-%{version}/*
/usr/man/man3/clreadline.3
/usr/man/man1/clisp.1
/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/clisp.mo
/usr/share/locale/en/LC_MESSAGES/clisp.mo
/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/clisp.mo
/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/clisp.mo

However, when I compiled clisp to check if everything was working fine,
none of the /usr/share/local files were present or produced. Am I
suppose to add a particular option in ./configure to get them ?

		Daniel
-- 
***********************************************************************
Daniel TOURDE                                   E-mail : [email-masked]
The Aeronautical Research Institute of Sweden   Tel : +46 8 55 54 93 44
P.O. Box 11021 S-161 11 BROMMA, Sweden          Fax : +46 8    25 34 81
***********************************************************************

---

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:31:20 +0100 (MET)

> suppose to add a particular option in ./configure to get them ?

If you have the LINGUAS environment variable set, this limits the message
catalogs that are installed. For example, if you have set LINGUAS=se,
no catalog will be installed (not even English), because clisp does not
have swedish messages.

In all other cases, it would be a bug either in the install or in the spec
file. Sam?

Bruno

---

From: Daniel Tourde <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:50:15 +0100

Bruno Haible wrote:
Hello again

> no catalog will be installed (not even English), because clisp does not

Here is what I have, isn't it supposed to be recognized as english en ?

LINGUAS=en_US

		Daniel

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Jan 2000 11:04:36 -0500

>>>> In message <[email-masked]>
>>>> On the subject of "[clisp-list] Generated files during a compilation"
>>>> Sent on Fri Jan 28 10:17:51 EST 2000
>>>> Honorable Daniel Tourde <[email-masked]> writes:
 >> 

/usr/share/local? what's that? :-)

 >> suppose to add a particular option in ./configure to get them ?

/usr/share/locale/* are created by "make install" in the build directory.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Micros**t is not the answer.  Micros**t is a question, and the answer is Linux,
(http://www.linux.org) the choice of the GNU (http://www.gnu.org) generation.
The paperless office will become a reality soon after the paperless toilet.

---

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 17:15:09 +0100 (MET)

> Here is what I have, isn't it supposed to be recognized as english en ?

That's it. CLISP's catalog is "en", therefore if you want to use install it,
you have to use LINGUAS="en_US en". Setting LINGUAS=en_US it certainly valid.
But it means "I want only American messages, not British English ones".

Bruno