Subject: [clisp-list] compiling clg

From: Thomas Goodsell <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Mar 00 06:26:59 EST

Ok.  I grabbed clg-0.50 and tried to compile.  On my box at work it complied
perfectly on the first try and runs great.  At home, though, (where I need it,
of course) it won't compile.  Here's the problem:

. . .
;; Loading of file ../tools/build.lisp is finished.
T
rm -rf clisp-gtk
/usr/lib/clisp//clisp-link add-module-set . /usr/lib/clisp//base clisp-gtk
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/thomg/lisp/packages/clg-0.50/clisp'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `clisp-module'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/thomg/lisp/packages/clg-0.50/clisp'
gcc -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
-fomit-frame-pointer -Wno-sign-compare -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations -DUNICODE
-DEXPORT_SYSCALLS -DDYNAMIC_FFI -DDYNAMIC_MODULES -fPIC
-I/usr/lib/clisp/linkkit -c modules.c
gcc -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
-fomit-frame-pointer -Wno-sign-compare -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations -DUNICODE
-DEXPORT_SYSCALLS -DDYNAMIC_FFI -DDYNAMIC_MODULES -fPIC -x none
-Wl,-export-dynamic modules.o gforeign.o glib.o gdk.o gtktypes.o gtk.o
../cl-gtk.o -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib
-ldl -lXext -lX11 -lm lisp.a libsigsegv.a libintl.a libreadline.a libavcall.a
libcallback.a -lncurses -ldl -o lisp.run
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lncurses
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
. . .

It then craps out a few minutes later because lisp.run is missing.  I can hand
execute that gcc command by adding my ncurses.so.5.0 file to the list of
shared libraries.  Unfortunately, I can't find where I can make this
modification in the Makefile (or wherever it needs to be done).

Oh, and yes:

[thomg@goodsell clg-0.50]$ /sbin/ldconfig -p | grep ncur
        libncurses.so.5.0 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5.0
        libncurses.so.5 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5
        libncurses.so.5 (libc6) => /lib/libncurses.so.5
        libncurses.so.4.2 (libc6) => /lib/libncurses.so.4.2
        libncurses.so.4 (libc6) => /lib/libncurses.so.4
        libncurses.so.3.0 (libc5) =>
/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libncurses.so.3.0
        libncurses.so.3.0 (libc6) => /lib/libncurses.so.3.0
        libncurses.so.3 (libc6) => /lib/libncurses.so.3
        libncurses.so.1.9.9e (libc6) => /lib/libncurses.so.1.9.9e
        libncurses.so.1 (libc6) => /lib/libncurses.so.1

Any ideas?

Thom Goodsell
[email-masked]

____________________________________________________________________
Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1