Subject: [clisp-list] readline problem in 2.33

From: Daniel Zollinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 26 22:03:02 2004

I'm not sure if this is an old issue or not, but GNU Readline does not
work in CLisp 2.33. It does, however, work fine for me in 2.32. I was
wondering if anyone could enlighten me concerning this strange
occurrence.

---

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Apr 27 07:00:12 2004

> * Daniel Zollinger <[email-masked]> [2004-04-27 04:46:49 -0700]:
>

WFM.  more information is needed.
<http://clisp.cons.org/faq.html#bugs>
<http://clisp.cons.org/clisp.html#bugs>

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running w2k
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
All generalizations are wrong.  Including this.

---

From: Daniel Zollinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Apr 27 21:17:04 2004

On closer inspection, it looks like th 2.33 version, downloaded from
Sourceforge, must be inappropriate for my system. The 2.32 version i am
using, that works, is from ATrpms, in germany. In any case, i'm happy to
continue using 2.32. I'd just like to say thank you to the CLisp
development team, for their great work.

  dz

ps: extra detail on the packages and system are provided below, if
anyone's interested

result of :"uname -a":
Linux linux 2.4.21-202-default #1 Fri Apr 2 21:31:38 UTC 2004 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux

result of "clisp --version" for current setup (2.32):
GNU CLISP 2.32 (2003-12-29) (built on heretic.physik.fu-berlin.de
[160.45.32.86])
Software: GNU C 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5) ANSI C program
Features:
(CLOS LOOP COMPILER CLISP ANSI-CL COMMON-LISP LISP=CL INTERPRETER
SOCKETS GENERIC-STREAMS LOGICAL-PATHNAMES SCREEN FFI GETTEXT UNICODE
BASE-CHAR=CHARACTER
 PC386 UNIX)
Installation directory: /usr/lib/clisp/
User language: ENGLISH
Machine: I686(I686)linux.local [127.0.0.2]

result of "clisp --version" for previous setup (2.33):
GNU CLISP 2.33 (2004-03-17) (built on burivuh [127.0.0.1])
Software: GNU C 3.3.2 20031022 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.2-1) ANSI C program
Features:
(CLOS LOOP COMPILER CLISP ANSI-CL COMMON-LISP LISP=CL INTERPRETER
SOCKETS GENERIC-STREAMS LOGICAL-PATHNAMES SCREEN FFI GETTEXT UNICODE
BASE-CHAR=CHARACTER
 PC386 UNIX)
Installation directory: /usr/lib/clisp/
User language: ENGLISH
Machine: I686 (I686) linux.local [127.0.0.2]