Subject: [clisp-list] specialized arrays

From: Tunc Simsek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:54:46 -0700

Regards,

I've discovered that CLISP allows array specialized to integers and
friends, but not
double-floats and single-floats (let alone complex double-floats).

I'd like to port matlisp (which currently runs on CMU) to clisp.  To
make my life easier,
I'd need arrays specialized to double-floats.  In particular, the
specialization
should be that the allocation is C compatible (i.e. don't need to copy
arrays in/out
during foreign function calls).  Is this possible?  Can I do it
externally and load
it without dealing with the CLISP source?

Also, the FFI is somewhat confusing.  Is it possible to load a library,
say libblas.o,
without using link-kit.  I think that I should not need to have the
CLISP sources
around.

Thanks,
Tunc