Subject: [clisp-list] CLisp latest and ILISP

From: Marco Antoniotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 08:57:40 +0200 (MET DST)

First of all thanks for the latest CLisp.  It fixes the problems with
logical-pathname-translations and it is thus more usable for defsystem
and friends.

There is one thing I noticed in conjuction with ILISP.  CLisp not
takes a very long time to come up in the ILISP inferior lisp buffer.
It eventually does and it works nicely, but before doing so it makes
ILISP stall in the :binary state for quite some time (about a minute
on my Ultra2).

I haven't really looked into this and would like to know if anybody
has noticed the same behavior.

Cheers

-- 
Marco Antoniotti ===========================================
PARADES, Via San Pantaleo 66, I-00186 Rome, ITALY
tel. +39 - 06 68 10 03 17, fax. +39 - 06 68 80 79 26
http://www.parades.rm.cnr.it/~marcoxa

---

From: Paolo Amoroso <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 15:47:43 +0200

> ILISP stall in the :binary state for quite some time (about a minute

Is your Ultra2 running a weather forecast computation in the background? :)

CLISP 2000-03-06 takes just a few seconds under Red Hat Linux 5.2 (running
on an old Pentium 200 with 64M of RAM) with GNU Emacs 20.3 and the latest
ILISP.

Paolo
-- 
EncyCMUCLopedia * Extensive collection of CMU Common Lisp documentation
http://cvs2.cons.org:8000/cmucl/doc/EncyCMUCLopedia/