Subject: [clisp-list] clisp and user interfaces

From: Basim Al-Shaikhli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Oct 22 13:21:04 2003

i would like to know how other people create user interfaces for
clisp-apps. the thing i miss most in clisp is a possibility to create
GUIs. currently i'm running a tiny application http-server and let the
user communicate via browser. although this solution has some benefits i
would like to create 'real' GUIs (for example i would like to have some
editable text-(editor-)widget and i'm annoyed about the capabilities of
html's textarea-field). unfortunately i didn't find any clisp-bindings
to gui-libraries under windows. of course i tried lisp2wish, but it
seems to be a bit too slow, especially if i want to bind callbacks like
dragging a scrollbar to lisp-functions. my attempts to embed tk via FFI
failed because of the (read: my) problems with embedding clisp in the tk
event-loop via FFI.

well, here's my question: has anyone ever tried to make tk usable via
clisp? or any other widget library (under windows)?
if not, how do you create GUIs? do you create GUIs?
i would even be thankful for some raw, unfinished sourcecode... *sigh* ;-)

Basim