Subject: Re: [clisp-list] MacOS X

From: Riccardo Mottola <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 01:31:34 +0200

i issued ulimit -s 512 while being in "sh" (no bash on os X ?)  but i sill
get segmentation fault
:
places.lisp ..male *** [interpreted.mem] Segmentation fault

help! i need LISP on my iBook!

on 6/29/01 11:20 PM, fsc at [email-masked] wrote:

>> mhen it gots to places.lisp i get a Segmentation fault.
> increase the stacksize (in bash: "ulimit -s 512"   or so, it tcsh I
> don't know)
> and "make" again.
> F.

---

From: Ben Hyde <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 11:00:25 -0400 (EDT)

I had little problem building latest, unreleased, version on OSX, my
Powerbook G4.

Instructions on getting it from CVS:
  http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=1355

Of course you have to installed the Darwin/OSX developer's tools
before anything else.

Getting it this way is easier than getting the tarball, and much
easier than getting the tarball and doing a lot of patches.

I installed bash, because that's what the instructions told me
to do.  But there was a report recently that you can force it
to use tcsh and that works as well.

Be sure to read the instructions in all three places INSTALL, 
unix/INSTALL, and unix/PLATFORMS.

Foreign Functions are not working yet.

 - ben