Subject: [clisp-list] Error compiling CLISP 2.25 on RedHat Linux 7.0

From: José Romildo Malaquias <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:42:49 -0300

Hello.

Compilation of CLISP 2.25 in a RedHat Linux 7.0 box stopped
with errors:

=================================================
./configure --prefix=/usr --fsstnd=redhat --with-module=wildcard --with-module=regexp --with-module=bindings/linuxlibc6 --with-module=clx//new-clx --with-module=postgresql642 --with-export-syscalls --build build
executing build/configure ...
creating cache ./config.cache
[...]
cd data && ln -s ../../src/clhs.txt clhs.txt
gcc -O -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -fomit-frame-pointer -Wno-sign-compare -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations -DUNICODE -DEXPORT_SYSCALLS -DDYNAMIC_FFI -x none spvw.o spvwtabf.o spvwtabs.o spvwtabo.o eval.o control.o encoding.o pathname.o stream.o socket.o io.o array.o hashtabl.o list.o package.o record.o sequence.o charstrg.o debug.o error.o misc.o time.o predtype.o symbol.o lisparit.o foreign.o unixaux.o posixmisc.o ari80386.o modules.o libsigsegv.a libiconv.a libintl.a libreadline.a libavcall.a libcallback.a  -lncurses -ldl  -lm -o lisp.run
pathname.o: In function `translate_pathname':
pathname.o(.text+0x428c): undefined reference to `STACK_'
pathname.o(.text+0x429c): undefined reference to `STACK_'
pathname.o(.text+0x42d4): undefined reference to `STACK_'
pathname.o(.text+0x42e4): undefined reference to `STACK_'
pathname.o(.text+0x431c): undefined reference to `STACK_'
pathname.o(.text+0x432c): more undefined references to `STACK_' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [lisp.run] Error 1
=================================================

Any help?

Romildo
-- 
Prof. José Romildo Malaquias <[email-masked]>
Departamento de Computação
Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto
Brasil

---

From: José Romildo Malaquias <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:22:06 -0300

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 11:01:37AM -0500, Sam Steingold wrote:
> > * In message <[email-masked]>
> > * On the subject of "Error compiling CLISP 2.25 on RedHat Linux 7.0"
> > * Sent on Wed, 28 Mar 2001 12:42:49 -0300
> > * Honorable José Romildo Malaquias <[email-masked]> writes:
> >
> > ../configure --prefix=/usr --fsstnd=redhat --with-module=wildcard --with-module=regexp --with-module=bindings/linuxlibc6 --with-module=clx///new-clx --with-module=postgresql642 --with-export-syscalls --build build
> STACK_ is a macro - it should have been expanded into something
> meaningful. 
> please post the warnings after the compilation of pathname.d, as well as
> the results of

gcc -O -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -fomit-frame-pointer -Wno-sign-compare -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations -DUNICODE -DEXPORT_SYSCALLS -DDYNAMIC_FFI -c pathname.c
In file included from lispbibl.d:8143,
                 from pathname.d:6:
pseudofun.d:17:21: warning: "LPSEUDOCODE" redefined
pseudofun.d:17:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
pseudofun.d:18:21: warning: "XPSEUDOCODE" redefined
pseudofun.d:18:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
pseudofun.d:19:21: warning: "XPSEUDODATA" redefined
pseudofun.d:19:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
pathname.d:6016:54: warning: pasting would not give a valid preprocessing token
pathname.d:6017:50: warning: pasting would not give a valid preprocessing token
pathname.d:6018:50: warning: pasting would not give a valid preprocessing token
pathname.d:6019:52: warning: pasting would not give a valid preprocessing token
In file included from pathname.d:7:
lispbibl.d:7002: warning: register used for two global register variables
pathname.d: In function `parse_logical_word':
pathname.d:1547: warning: `ch' might be used uninitialized in this function
pathname.d: In function `translate_pathname':
pathname.d:6016: warning: implicit declaration of function `STACK_'

> $ uname -a

Linux urano.iceb.ufop.br 2.2.17-14 #1 Mon Feb 5 15:25:12 EST 2001 i586 unknown

> $ gcc --version

2.96

Romildo