Subject: [clisp-list] Compilation problem

From: Daniel Tourde <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 14:56:00 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to build a stable version of Clisp (1999.05.15 or 1999.07.22)
pn a RedHat 6.1 machine (kernel 2.2.12, glibc-2.1.2-11)

To do so, I use the ./configure options given in the clisp.spec file:

./configure --prefix=/usr --fsstnd=redhat --with-module=wildcard \
    --with-module=regexp --with-module=bindings/linuxlibc6 \
    --with-module=clx/new-clx --with-module=postgresql642 \
    --with-export-syscalls

then I obtain the following recommendations:

./makemake  --prefix=/usr --fsstnd=redhat --with-module=wildcard
--with-module=regexp --with-module=bindings/linuxlibc6
--with-module=clx/new-clx --with-module=postgresql642
--with-export-syscalls --with-readline --with-gettext --with-dynamic-ffi
> Makefile
make config.lsp
make

Unfortunately it stops the compilation with the following errors:

gcc -O -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type
-fomit-frame-pointer -Wno-sign-compare -O2 -fexpensive-optimizations
-DUNICODE -DEXPORT_SYSCALLS -DDYNAMIC_FFI -x none modules.o postgresql.o
-lpq -lcrypt clx.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXpm -lXext -lX11 linux.o -lm
regexp.o regexi.o regex.o wildcard.o fnmatch.o lisp.a libsigsegv.a
libintl.a libreadline.a libavcall.a libcallback.a -ltermcap -ldl -o
lisp.run
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lpq: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
base/lisp.run -M base/lispinit.mem -q -i clx/new-clx/clx-preload.lsp -x
(saveinitmem "full/lispinit.mem")
;; Loading file clx/new-clx/clx-preload.lsp ...
;; Loading of file clx/new-clx/clx-preload.lsp is finished.
795316 ;
524288
full/lisp.run -M full/lispinit.mem -q -i wildcard/wildcard regexp/regexp
bindings/linuxlibc6/linux clx/new-clx/clx clx/new-clx/image
postgresql642/postgresql -x (saveinitmem "full/lispinit.mem")
./clisp-link: full/lisp.run: No such file or directory
make: *** [full] Error 1

I guess I did something wrong in the parameters of ./configure or I need
a package which is not installed on my machine yet (I can provide a list
of the installed package if required) but I don't know what or which
one. Could someone help me to find out what is wrong ?

Thanks in advance

			Daniel

-- 
***********************************************************************
Daniel TOURDE                                   E-mail : [email-masked]
The Aeronautical Research Institute of Sweden   Tel : +46 8 55 54 93 44
P.O. Box 11021 S-161 11 BROMMA, Sweden          Fax : +46 8    25 34 81
***********************************************************************

---

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:10:44 +0100 (MET)

Daniel Tourde writes:

> ...

Do you have PostgreSQL installed or not? If so, what's the full pathname
of libpq.so?

Bruno

---

From: Daniel Tourde <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:15:31 +0100

Bonjour Bruno,

> Do you have PostgreSQL installed or not? If so, what's the full pathname

Non, je n'ai pas PostgreSQL. Actually I had just ended up to the
conclusion that this should be the origin of the problem. I have
restarted a new compilation without this option.
By the way, what this PostgreSQL is supposed to do ?

Best regards

		Daniel

---

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:26:45 +0100 (MET)

Goddag Daniel,

> restarted a new compilation without this option.

Yes, that's it.

Bruno

---

From: Raymond Toy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:59:04 -0500 (EST)

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Tourde <[email-masked]> writes:

    Daniel> By the way, what this PostgreSQL is supposed to do ?

I haven't tried it, but I would presume this lets you talk to
PostgreSQL, which is an open-source object-oriented relational
database.

Ray