Subject: [clisp-list] installation probs

From: Shannon Harvey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 18:12:00 GMT

I just recently attempted to install clisp but I'm running into 
problems with it.  I using Redhat 6.0 (kernel 2.2.5-15) and running 
glibc 2.2.  I first ran make as per the instructions, but when I run 
the next statement in the instructions (base/lisp.run -M 
base/lispinit.mem), I get the following message:

[root@localhost clisp-1999-07-22]#  base/lisp.run -M base/lispinit.mem
  i i i i i i i       ooooo    o        ooooooo   ooooo   ooooo 
  I I I I I I I      8     8   8           8     8     o  8    8
  I  \ `+' /  I      8         8           8     8        8    8
   \  `-+-'  /       8         8           8      ooooo   8oooo
    `-__|__-'        8         8           8           8  8
        |            8     o   8           8     o     8  8
  ------+------       ooooo    8oooooo  ooo8ooo   ooooo   8

Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Michael Stoll 1992, 1993
Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Marcus Daniels 1994-1997
Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Pierpaolo Bernardi, Sam Steingold 1998
Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Sam Steingold 1999

[1]> 
*** - handle_fault error2 ! address = 0x30 not in 
[0x201D7000,0x202787D8) !
SIGSEGV cannot be cured. Fault address = 0x30.
Segmentation fault

I didn't however adjust any of the text strings mentioned in the 
readme because I'm rather new at linux and don't understand exactly 
what I'm supposed to change in the file config.lsp.  If not changing 
the strings in config.lsp is what I'm doing wrong, can someone please 
give a newbie an idea of how to change it (just learning lisp as well 
in school too).  Thanks in advance!

Shannon S. Harvey

[email-masked]

---

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:31:57 +0100 (MET)

Shannon Harvey writes:
> ...

The probable cause are differences between the shared libraries of your
system and those on the system where the binary package was built.

You will get a correctly running binary by recompiling the sources
(which you find at ftp://clisp.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/source/ or
sunsite.unc.edu).

Btw, what you are running is probably glibc-2.1, not glibc-2.2. The latter
is not released.

Bruno