Subject: [clisp-list] Building separate full images with NCLX and MIT CLX

From: Paolo Amoroso <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 21:00:29 +0100

While building CLISP from source I would like to generate two separate
full--i.e. not base--images, one with NCLX and the other with MIT CLX:

1) Can I just add new-clx and mit-clx to the MODULES variable in the
Makefile and build as usual?

2) Is the makefile structured so that these modules are mutually exclusive?

3) Do I have to build one image as usual, say the one with NCLX, and then
separately compile the other with the Makefile.clisp of MIT CLX?

Paolo
-- 
EncyCMUCLopedia * Extensive collection of CMU Common Lisp documentation
http://cvs2.cons.org:8000/cmucl/doc/EncyCMUCLopedia/

---

From: Paolo Amoroso <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 14:11:26 +0100

> full--i.e. not base--images, one with NCLX and the other with MIT CLX:
[...]
> separately compile the other with the Makefile.clisp of MIT CLX?

For those who are wondering: this does the trick. The process generates a
base image with MIT CLX.

Be sure to customize the value of the `prefix' variable in the makefile if
necessary, and check that the directory defined by `lisplibdir' actually
exists before doing `make install'. Also note that, because of the
structure of linking sets, Lisp binaries compiled with the NCLX image do
not work with the MIT CLX image, and vice versa.

Paolo